R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Az Geek Talk

Old 05-02-2013, 08:05 AM   #541
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
Haha. Nice! Yeah that's weird you got reset.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:07 AM   #542
Scarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Scarlett4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose1988 View Post
Ha! You know how that game goes... I gotta take breaks occasionally. Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose1988 View Post
Haha. Nice! Yeah that's weird you got reset.
I know at least 4 people it happened to but they had re-upped x2 before it happened.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:54 AM   #543
You say tomato..........I say fuck you!
05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
05TacoRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Ok so my router is taking a crap. I need to buy a new wireless router. What would be a good one to pick up? We use it for one comp upstairs, our direct tv, occasional wii and Xbox use.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:59 AM   #544
Scarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoRunner View Post
Ok so my router is taking a crap. I need to buy a new wireless router. What would be a good one to pick up? We use it for one comp upstairs, our direct tv, occasional wii and Xbox use.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16833127215
great deal here!

normally 99$ on sale until the 6th! great reviews and 3 antenna's
Old 05-02-2013, 09:31 AM   #545
05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Looks good but I need one asap. Any good ones at say walmart, frys, best buy or anything like that?
Old 05-02-2013, 09:37 AM   #546
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. C
Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Dlink Dir655 or any of the Dlink D series are good. Should be able to find those anywhere locally.

Asus is good, the dark knight router is awesome but expensive (*170)

Do not get Linksys/Cisco unless you are getting the high end stuff.. Consumer grade Linksys is shit unless you want to run DD-WRT on it.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:42 AM   #547

Quote:
Looks good but I need one asap. Any good ones at say walmart, frys, best buy or anything like that?
Those places rape with no lube on price and now that I think about it I may still have an older Linksys WRT54G v2 that I will give you for a little pay it fwd.. let me dig when I get home and ill PM you brotha!

You can at least test your network with it and make sure its your router causing issues..
Old 05-02-2013, 09:45 AM   #548
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett4x4 View Post
Those places rape with no lube on price and now that I think about it I may still have an older Linksys WRT54G v2 that I will give you for a little pay it fwd.. let me dig when I get home and ill PM you brotha!

You can at least test your network with it and make sure its your router causing issues..
Take that WRT54g and load DD-WRT on it. I have 3 of those routers in use at home, and still they are one of the best wifi routers ever made, once you ditch the linksys software off it
Old 05-02-2013, 09:50 AM   #549

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
Take that WRT54g and load DD-WRT on it. I have 3 of those routers in use at home, and still they are one of the best wifi routers ever made, once you ditch the linksys software off it
AGREED! Ill let you know if I still have it, I may need to go to storage
Old 05-02-2013, 09:53 AM   #550

Sweet ya let me know. I am definitely interested.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:56 AM   #551
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I got one at the house too I'm sure I can loan out for awhile if Jon can't find his. I mean do I really need to have 4 access points at my house?

The answer is yes btw.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:05 AM   #552

Right on guys. Hahaha tapatalk make reading the hidden text way easier.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:08 AM   #553
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Lol, I forgot that Tapatalk does that..
Old 05-02-2013, 11:57 AM   #554

Quote:
Quote:
I got one at the house too I'm sure I can loan out for awhile if Jon can't find his. I mean do I really need to have 4 access points at my house?

The answer is yes btw.
Quote:
Right on guys. Hahaha tapatalk make reading the hidden text way easier.
Quote:
Lol, I forgot that Tapatalk does that..
I got you man! I just went to my storage and pulled it out (power supply and router) Ill PM you my # now

4 AP's!! damn man! how much signal strength do you need for pron?
Old 05-02-2013, 12:58 PM   #555
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I got you man! I just went to my storage and pulled it out (power supply and router) Ill PM you my # now

4 AP's!! damn man! how much signal strength do you need for pron?
Loads. Even got a gigabit backbone on my network I don't always stream pron, but when I do, it streams quick.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:31 PM   #556
Cbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sebastian
Cbass38's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My GoW3 limited Edition box is pretty sweet but still locks up. I have been playing gears again but today my account reset to 11 from 80.. yay

On the brightside CoD is getting ready to release the same game with a new title! How can this much fanboy rape be legal?
what's your gamer tag
Old 05-02-2013, 03:48 PM   #557
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Quote:
Loads. Even got a gigabit backbone on my network I don't always stream pron, but when I do, it streams quick.
Lol... quick eh? I'm sure the wife... uh... appreciates that :P

Also, you got it taken care of but I can completely vouche for my Belkin router... after fucking with linksys and netgear for so long, this thing has been one hella stable beast.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:10 PM   #558

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbass38 View Post
what's your gamer tag
i jonnyguns
Old 05-02-2013, 09:38 PM   #559
Cbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sebastian
Cbass38's Tacoma Gallery
so I got a new tv.. And it seems like my games are laggy now WTF.. Its a new LG 55 with 3d and shit. But even with normal mode its like that ...
Old 05-02-2013, 11:23 PM   #560
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbass38 View Post
so I got a new tv.. And it seems like my games are laggy now WTF.. Its a new LG 55 with 3d and shit. But even with normal mode its like that ...
What's the g2g refresh rate? What frequency does it run? Also if there's any options for smoothing and such try turning that off.

For a long time when I had my first LCD... I became horrible at Unreal Tournament and virtually any game. I couldn't place it until I bought my 40" samsung LCD and hooked it up for lulz and was like... wtf I'm getting headshots 90% of the time again. Then went back to the old monitor and couldn't hit shit... and realized... lol.

My LG monitors on my system are freak'n awesome for TFT displays.... 2ms g2g and virtually no detectable lag...