R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Az Geek Talk

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-21-2013, 09:51 AM   #621
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbass38 View Post
I have the LG sound bar and I like it alot. Blue tooth and all the options. With a sub.. Shakes my place shake pretty good. I was gonna sell my pioneer*? Surround setup with wireless rear speakers..but the cd player portion is fucked u :\
What's the model number on that pioneer you have? Might be right up his alley.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:52 AM   #622
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
What's the model number on that pioneer you have? Might be right up his alley.
X2

This counts as your reminder for speakers Colby
Old 05-21-2013, 09:56 AM   #623
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
already looking.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:57 AM   #624
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
WIN!!!
Old 05-21-2013, 03:25 PM   #625
Cbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sebastian
Cbass38's Tacoma Gallery
the new Xbox is kinda ugly
Old 05-21-2013, 03:34 PM   #626
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbass38 View Post
the new Xbox is kinda ugly
yeah, i was hoping for something sleek, but it's a console/cable box, so it looks like a cable box.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:59 PM   #627
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Those dipshits at M$ won't even talk about the main things people actually want to know.

"It has unfortunately now been confirmed that the Xbox One will not be backwards compatible, either with the Xbox 360 or the original Xbox"
Old 05-21-2013, 04:02 PM   #628
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Those dipshits at M$ won't even talk about the main things people actually want to know.

"It has unfortunately now been confirmed that the Xbox One will not be backwards compatible, either with the Xbox 360 or the original Xbox"
they didn't mention that, or anything about the GPU, or cost.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:20 PM   #629
Young Padawan
Jonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS: Was EMT Cert. for 2 years in CO.
Name: Spencer
Jonesn13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
they didn't mention that, or anything about the GPU, or cost.
I hate Microsoft. They play the bureaucratic two-step too well.

Have you ever tried to stop an auto-payment with them? Takes for-fecking-ever.

I agree with you guys on how they are strategically avoiding certain things. Like the GPU. 500GB HD, and 8Gb of ram? How is the frack does that matter if the GPU is garbage?

Especially when HD's can easily be TB's and stay the same size...

I don't think they are looking far enough into the future. I have a feeling Sony is waiting for it to hit the shelves, then release the new PS4, or whatever, that will blow it out of the water and cover all of the xbox failures...

ok rant over.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:29 PM   #630
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah i watched the whole reveal at work today. They spent 10 minutes on the games for it... the rwsy was publicity and the cable box side of it. The thing is more of an entertainment box than a game console. Im surprised it even plays games. So far... highly disappointed and will be keeping my 360.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:31 PM   #631
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Good rant! Agree 100%. To me M$ thinks they own the market, but they don't realize how pissed off people are from the first xbox 360 failures and other bullshit. So it seems like they didn't 'try' very hard on this one thinking they have the market cornered. If sony gets its online game play up to speed, xbox is going to hurt bad. More so if xbox isn't backwards compatible!
Old 05-21-2013, 04:38 PM   #632
Young Padawan
Jonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Good rant! Agree 100%. To me M$ thinks they own the market, but they don't realize how pissed off people are from the first xbox 360 failures and other bullshit. So it seems like they didn't 'try' very hard on this one thinking they have the market cornered. If sony gets its online game play up to speed, xbox is going to hurt bad. More so if xbox isn't backwards compatible!
They are hurting already, with Android, google and a couple other companies chomping away at their market.

However they will market the crap outtta this black cable box to the younger heathens.

Kids these days are completely wack, and just want to Pwn some Bitches on COD. Who cares if their parents have re0buy ALL of their games.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:54 PM   #633
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
The only thing I saw that 'might' come up with the new xbox that seems cool was the room image thing. It puts the game's graphics all over your walls so it 'feels' like your in the game.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2447655.html
Old 05-21-2013, 05:10 PM   #634
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Quote:
The only thing I saw that 'might' come up with the new xbox that seems cool was the room image thing. It puts the game's graphics all over your walls so it 'feels' like your in the game.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2447655.html
I dunno, seems gimmicky and it'd annoy me more than be beneficial to anything... lol.

Also M$'s stock is doing quiet well, despite the appearence they're doing horribly. Gates is again the richest man in the world... Still probably won't last lol.

But this....
http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/21/43...-printer-pizza
Old 05-21-2013, 05:21 PM   #635
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Oh.. and 500gb of space and 8gb of ram... so pathetic and weak... lol. The new xbox would piss itself next to my computer >.>

Yet... I'll probably end up getting one if nothing else for Forza 5... lol
Old 05-21-2013, 05:22 PM   #636
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post
Oh.. and 500gb of space and 8gb of ram... so pathetic and weak... lol. The new xbox would piss itself next to my computer >.>

Yet... I'll probably end up getting one if nothing else for Forza 5... lol
This. *Minus the Forza 5*

Considering my 6 year old Gaming PC has 12gigs of ram and around 4.9TB's of space, yeah the new xbox is under powered big time.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:55 PM   #637
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesn13 View Post
I hate Microsoft. They play the bureaucratic two-step too well.

Have you ever tried to stop an auto-payment with them? Takes for-fecking-ever.

I agree with you guys on how they are strategically avoiding certain things. Like the GPU. 500GB HD, and 8Gb of ram? How is the frack does that matter if the GPU is garbage?

Especially when HD's can easily be TB's and stay the same size...

I don't think they are looking far enough into the future. I have a feeling Sony is waiting for it to hit the shelves, then release the new PS4, or whatever, that will blow it out of the water and cover all of the xbox failures...

ok rant over.
I've never done auto-pay for anything so no.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:03 PM   #638
Young Padawan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
I've never done auto-pay for anything so no.
Dear god learn from my mistake. Never. Again.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:02 PM   #639
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesn13 View Post
Dear god learn from my mistake. Never. Again.
i will.

i've got a PC that would like to replace the Mobo, CPU and GPU on, it has xp on it, if i have the key for windows i shouldn't have a problem replacing those parts should it?

the CPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819106002

the MOBO: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128515

and the GPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814121722

this is a VERY budget minded build, i want a quad core CPU to make sure it has the power to keep up with software for a few years, the MOBO is a inexpensive one that has decent reviews.
and the GPU because we already have that one and it's not a limiting factor on our other PC.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:11 PM   #640
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Unless you are putting all this in a slim case you don't need a low profile video card. Typically they charge more for those as they go into rack mounted servers.

Everything else is fine. You'll need a CPU fan, if you don't already have one. What ram are you going with?

Products Discussed in this Thread