R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Az Geek Talk

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-29-2013, 02:46 PM   #801
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
Sweet, thanks Colby.
Np.. These were only tested on 05-11's so it may or may not work on your truck. If the ECU is different, then the HEX codes may not pick up at all. There also may not be sensors for it to read. Give it a shot and let me know.

Also doesn't work on manual trans for some reason on any year.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:48 PM   #802
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose1988 View Post
Ill see if she wants to. She's been liking it more.. she doesn't use the "app" mode or whatever much.

I need to bring my laptop over one night... sushi on me.. im about to use it as a target.
We can reinstall windows, add some ram. That should hold you over for a bit.

The app mode is dumb in windows 8. All of windows 8 is dumb.. Work gave me this thing and really said "It drives me nuts you can keep the fucking pile of shit".

I said "it can't be that bad can it?"

I had no clue how bad this surface tablet really was until now.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:50 PM   #803
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
We can reinstall windows, add some ram. That should hold you over for a bit.

The app mode is dumb in windows 8. All of windows 8 is dumb.. Work gave me this thing and really said "It drives me nuts you can keep the fucking pile of shit".

I said "it can't be that bad can it?"

I had no clue how bad this surface tablet really was until now.
Sweet. Sounds good to me. Ill crack it open and see what ram it takes. Ill bring it over soon so you can see how bad it is. Right from startup. Oh.. and the battery is toast and only works when plugged in. Need help finding a battery for it. We can order one.

"Add to cart!"
Old 08-29-2013, 02:50 PM   #804
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Windows 8 is just horrible. So the update was a security patch and netfilx app. Took almost 3 full hours.

If I were you, I'd find someone who's a student, get windows 7 on DVD and bring her laptop to my house.. We will back it up and downgrade to Win7 which doesn't suck.
Hmm, I'm a student and want to put Windows 7 on my Mac, would I get the DVD from the school or Microsoft?
Quote:
Np.. These were only tested on 05-11's so it may or may not work on your truck. If the ECU is different, then the HEX codes may not pick up at all. There also may not be sensors for it to read. Give it a shot and let me know.

Also doesn't work on manual trans for some reason on any year.
I'll try it and let you know
Old 08-29-2013, 02:54 PM   #805
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.microsoft.com/student/en/...windows-7.aspx

Typically I would check with your school first and see what deals they can get if any. My wife is a student at Apollo (Univ of Phx online) and she paid 45$ for windows 7 basic, which you can hack into pro if you want very easy with a few reg key changes.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:57 PM   #806
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

Typically I would check with your school first and see what deals they can get if any. My wife is a student at Apollo (Univ of Phx online) and she paid 45$ for windows 7 basic, which you can hack into pro if you want very easy with a few reg key changes.
Did Tiff have to be a student it could she of gotten it by employee. Cuz if that's the case ill get it then for Lyd.

I have training next month for a few weeks over by Tiff too. Across the freeway. Building 4. Room D.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:58 PM   #807
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose1988 View Post
Did Tiff have to be a student it could she of gotten it by employee. Cuz if that's the case ill get it then for Lyd.

I have training next month for a few weeks over by Tiff too. Across the freeway. Building 4. Room D.
I think she got it as an employee. Send her an email and she'll link you to the site. Since its back to school season I'm sure they got discounts going around now.

You should go have lunch together while you are training over there.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:02 PM   #808

Quote:
I think she got it as an employee. Send her an email and she'll link you to the site. Since its back to school season I'm sure they got discounts going around now.

You should go have lunch together while you are training over there.
Alright. Ill shoot her an email.

Sweet! Yeah ill see if she wants to. I've only been on that side once. So no idea what's over there or what its like.

EDIT: 8,000th post!!!
Old 08-29-2013, 03:25 PM   #809
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Woot on the post count. Just means you TW dick is that much bigger now.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:28 PM   #810

Quote:
Atleast im winning that race in some form...
Old 08-29-2013, 04:16 PM   #811
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Mine must be massive then
Old 08-29-2013, 04:52 PM   #812
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
^ LOL
Old 08-29-2013, 05:12 PM   #813
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Ok, I'll email the school, but it looks like I can only get w8, so i might just get w7 from newegg (if the school can't get me 7)
Old 08-29-2013, 05:19 PM   #814
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Yup looks like the old win7 sites are forcing you to 8 as well. Lame ass M$.

Found this.
http://www.missionsofts.com/microsof...FYU5QgodcQMAdQ
Old 08-30-2013, 06:00 PM   #815
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Anyone up for a game of Red Alert 2 sometime?
Old 08-30-2013, 06:14 PM   #816
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Is there a new version or are we talking about the OG from like 15 years ago or so?
Old 08-30-2013, 06:16 PM   #817
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The original version, they released the entire cnc pack on origin (got it for like $20 on digital). As much as I despise Origin.... RA2 is worth it lol.
Old 08-30-2013, 06:17 PM   #818
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Damn I haven't even thought about that game since college. I think I played that in like 2001-2002ish.

Kicking it old school man! You are a real geek.
Old 08-31-2013, 11:44 AM   #819
Iron Beard

Quote:
Damn I haven't even thought about that game since college. I think I played that in like 2001-2002ish.

Kicking it old school man! You are a real geek.
Hell I even had a website dedicated to it
Old 09-01-2013, 05:54 PM   #820
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Want.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUDISON-BIT-...item1e7e079813

Products Discussed in this Thread