R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Az Geek Talk

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-11-2013, 01:09 PM   #901
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian007Taco View Post
If I can hook up an external 4 drive bay to one of them, I would take one off your hands.
Do you have a link to what you are wanting to use? The Cisco supports external hdds
Old 10-11-2013, 01:37 PM   #902
007Taco
Brian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Don't ask!
Brian007Taco's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.amazon.com/Mediasonic-HF2...rive+enclosure
Old 10-11-2013, 02:08 PM   #903
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I would have to try and see if it will work. I would say from what I read 'yes' however since it uses a raid controller the router may not be know how to work with that.

You are more than welcome to bring it by and we can hook it up and see what happens.
Old 10-11-2013, 02:57 PM   #904
007Taco
Brian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sounds good.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:07 PM   #905
cytocycle is a jewel in the roughcytocycle is a jewel in the roughcytocycle is a jewel in the roughcytocycle is a jewel in the rough

Name: Chris
cytocycle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Based on the note "Motherboard's SATA port MUST support Port Multiplier in order for your computer to recognize multiple hard drive if the unit is connected via eSATA."

I would say you will only see 1 HD on the Router. This is sadly a common problem... I have a 4 drive external that is sitting in the closet because the USB shows 1 drive, and the E-sata shows all drives.
Old 10-13-2013, 11:30 AM   #906
007Taco

There is also a USB port. I only use the USB since it's my computer can see all drives.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:20 PM   #907
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
Sure can.

You'll go into settings and create custom PID's. Make sure you enter in the info 100% correctly. Then load a gauge of your choice and choose the second tranny temp PID you create.

For sensor 1 (Pan Temp):

OBD2 Mode and PID:
21D9
Long Name:
Transmission Fluid Temperature 1
Short Name:
TFT 1
Minimum Value:
Maximum value:
Scale factor:
x1
Unit Type:
°F (there is a degree symbol in Torque)
Equation:
((((E*256)+F) * (7/100) – 400)/10)
OBD Header to use:
left blank

For sensor 2 (Converter outlet temp):

OBD2 Mode and PID:
21D9
Long Name:
Transmission Fluid Temperature 2
Short Name:
TFT 2
Minimum Value:
Maximum value:
Scale factor:
x1
Unit Type:
°F (there is a degree symbol in Torque)
Equation:
((((G*256)+H) * (7/100) – 400)/10)
OBD Header to use:
left blank
Finally getting around to doing this
But I'm getting a wrong equation notification for the pan temp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
Is this the correct equation for adding tranny temp in torque?
Old 10-17-2013, 10:16 PM   #908
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going to say it won't work because you have a different computer in your truck then the 2nd gens. I might be able to figure it out buty HEX skills are weakness.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:18 PM   #909
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm going to say it won't work because you have a different computer in your truck then the 2nd gens. I might be able to figure it out buty HEX skills are weakness.
OK, i'd try to figure it out but i don't know jack about this kind of stuff.
What's weird is the first time it said the equation was wrong the bluetooth wasn't even paired yet.
Old 10-19-2013, 11:30 AM   #910
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
OK, i'd try to figure it out but i don't know jack about this kind of stuff.
What's weird is the first time it said the equation was wrong the bluetooth wasn't even paired yet.
There is a specific way to write these out or it will come back and state its wrong. I've accidentally added a space after all of it and threw errors out.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:39 AM   #911
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
made a Stormtrooper paper snowflake today

DEATH SNOW!!!
Old 11-10-2013, 07:57 AM   #912
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Teach me master! That's amazing
Old 11-10-2013, 11:04 AM   #913
05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
05Aztacoma's Tacoma Gallery
That is pretty cool!!
Old 11-10-2013, 11:58 AM   #914
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Teach me master! That's amazing
Scissors + Exacto knife

http://www.anthonyherreradesigns.com...nowflakes-2013
Old 11-10-2013, 07:15 PM   #915
007Taco

That's awesome.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:47 AM   #916
signalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Airborne Signal Soldier
Name: Robert
signalbobby's Tacoma Gallery
anyone know of any windows/vm experienced admins or network engineers? my company is hiring and I can help.

help me help you. They have yearly performance bonuses and possibly a sign on bonus.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:51 AM   #917
Cuz Stock Sucks

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Yes

Requirements?
I know people in both.

I know windows a bit on a data center side but haven't played with VMs enough to say I know how to use them properly.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:02 AM   #918
signalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shed

if you would like to email me or your re-SUME to PM, we can discuss. They are looking for certain things. If you goto capgemini.com and search for jobs in US->Arizona, it will list some of the requirements. But I can talk to the hiring manager to see what exactly will qualify. I'm going to be straight, if I can get you hired as a referral, i get a referral bonus depending on the position hired.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:04 AM   #919

http://www.capgemini.com/jobs/search/?f[0]=im_field_jo_location_us%3A60171

Link to the Arizona jobs.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:04 AM   #920

Overview
Experienced Windows/VMWare Systems Administrator
Responsibilities/Requirements
Responsibilities:
We seek a highly skilled Systems Administrator who will help build and ensure the integrity and stability of VMWare, Citrix, Microsoft, based services. This will be achieved through participating in the installation, monitoring, maintenance, and support, of all associated hardware and software as a member of a team that provides 24 x 7 support for several customer environments.
Candidate will research, evaluate, and recommend new hardware and software to support an expanding enterprise network infrastructure and be responsible for server hardware and system capacity planning.
Will forecast and proactively recommend strategic hardware and software upgrades or replacements when service statistics indicate upcoming unsatisfactory performance levels.
Design systems and network configurations for optimum performance along with troubleshooting and problem resolutions.
Create, document and maintain hardware, software and network processes and standards. Windows Architecture Design, implementation and support. Create dataflow diagrams and other documentation.
Supervise and directly tasking of junior system administrators. Work directly with staff members and project managers. Perform effectively under project deadlines and able to work independently.
Minimal travel required (less than 25%)
MUST possess the following experience:
Minimum of 6+ years of business experience
· 6+ years as a Windows System Administrator with Advanced knowledge of Windows Domain Administration, Active Directory including group policies design and implementation
· Extensive VMWare ESX experience
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Exchange 2003 or above (Exchange 2010 is a strong plus)
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Communication Server (Lync)
· Working knowledge of server hardware (clustering, virtualization, etc.)
· Solid understanding of TCP/IP protocol, DHCP, DNS, SMTP, LDAP, etc.
Experience with one or more of the following is a plus:
Citrix administration (XenApp, Presentation Server, XenDesktop, Netscaler)
SAN administration experience (EMC VNX)
Experience with high availability such as VM HA/FT and network load balancing
Working knowledge of ISA, IIS, Blackberry, ActiveSync
Cisco certification and/or network equipment support
VMware certification (VCP)
Linux experience

Products Discussed in this Thread