R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Charlou Gap, Sunday 15 Dec, 10AM.

Old 12-11-2012, 09:01 PM   #1
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
Charlou Gap, Sunday 15 Dec, 10AM.

Anyone want to do Charlou Gap Sunday 16 Dec. I will be taking my Jeep Rubicon Unlimited out to test things out a bit more extensively.

A few years back Charlou was bulldozed but there are still some pretty crazy stuff. I hit the start of the trail last saturday to test out the jeep and there were a couple obstacles that anything short of a solid axel Taco wouldnt make. There are bypasses and stuff so dont worry about not making it.

Prefer only 4wd's as I really plan on putting the jeep through its paces.

Meet at this gas station if interested:
http://goo.gl/maps/UXUw9

EDIT: Changed to the 16th, my bad. I meant sunday not saturday.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:07 PM   #2
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremachn1 View Post
Anyone want to do Charlou Gap Sunday 15 Dec. I will be taking my Jeep Rubicon Unlimited out to test things out a bit more extensively.

A few years back Charlou was bulldozed but there are still some pretty crazy stuff. I hit the start of the trail last saturday to test out the jeep and there were a couple obstacles that anything short of a solid axel Taco wouldnt make. There are bypasses and stuff so dont worry about not making it.

Prefer only 4wd's as I really plan on putting the jeep through its paces.

Meet at this gas station if interested:
http://goo.gl/maps/UXUw9
Have fun! Post up some pictures afterwards. That trail is awesome!
Old 12-11-2012, 10:41 PM   #3
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Nice....should be some snow too!

I'll be in flag that weekend or I'd deff join! My buddy hunts out there and said it's looking pretty nasty again (he's usually on the oracle side)!
Old 12-12-2012, 06:37 AM   #4
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Yea, it looks like its getting pretty good again... As for snow, its highly doubtful that any will fall let alone stay until sunday. If it does, it wont be the first time I have wheeling in the snow and wont be the last.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:18 AM   #5
I miss my Taco
Zombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Zombie's Tacoma Gallery
I'm ridin bitch.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:01 AM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
I'm ridin bitch.
You are a bitch!!!
Old 12-12-2012, 08:18 AM   #7
GTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GTABurnout's Tacoma Gallery
Man I need to actually get out and use my 4X4 but I am a wuss and want do some simple stuff and not risk damage, since I do not know that trail.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:28 AM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTABurnout View Post
Man I need to actually get out and use my 4X4 but I am a wuss and want do some simple stuff and not risk damage, since I do not know that trail.

You could easily do it. 2 years ago the bulldozed it flat so forest service/fire trucks can get up it. The left some harder sections but made bypasses and then offroaders have also made some new obsticles but there are bypasses for all of it. Come out, stay as long as you want/need.

Its a little rutted but it wasnt bad from what I say. A month or two back a pre-runner went out and ran most of it.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:51 AM   #10
I miss my Taco
Zombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Zombie's Tacoma Gallery
He meant the 16th.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:27 AM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
He meant the 16th.
Yea, the 16th...
Old 12-12-2012, 12:49 PM   #12
GTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GTABurnout's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You could easily do it. 2 years ago the bulldozed it flat so forest service/fire trucks can get up it. The left some harder sections but made bypasses and then offroaders have also made some new obsticles but there are bypasses for all of it. Come out, stay as long as you want/need.

Its a little rutted but it wasnt bad from what I say. A month or two back a pre-runner went out and ran most of it.
Ok in that case I am a maybe....
Old 12-12-2012, 03:19 PM   #13
redrider58 is a jewel in the roughredrider58 is a jewel in the roughredrider58 is a jewel in the roughredrider58 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Michael
redrider58's Tacoma Gallery
If you are planning to go all the way through, bring a chain saw. I was out there a few weeks ago and there are 2 trees down on the back side. One is about 30inches in diameter that fell right over in the middle of the river rock bed and you can't get over or around it in a truck because it's height and all the dense vegitation surrounding it. The other one is a little bit smaller. I only got over them since I was on a dirtbike, but my buddies and I are going up there friday night to try and cut or drag them out of the way if it hasn't been moved yet.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:32 PM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrider58 View Post
If you are planning to go all the way through, bring a chain saw. I was out there a few weeks ago and there are 2 trees down on the back side. One is about 30inches in diameter that fell right over in the middle of the river rock bed and you can't get over or around it in a truck because it's height and all the dense vegitation surrounding it. The other one is a little bit smaller. I only got over them since I was on a dirtbike, but my buddies and I are going up there friday night to try and cut or drag them out of the way if it hasn't been moved yet.

I am sure they have been cleared by someone by now. If not, no biggie.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:07 PM   #15
redrider58 is a jewel in the roughredrider58 is a jewel in the roughredrider58 is a jewel in the roughredrider58 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Michael
redrider58's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I am sure they have been cleared by someone by now. If not, no biggie.
I would say that too. It's such a traveled trail, someone should have pulled it. But it just gives me an excuse to go up there on friday!
Old 12-12-2012, 04:42 PM   #16
I miss my Taco

Zombie's Tacoma Gallery
Plus Chas finally has a straight axled vehicle that would climb right over the trees.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:42 PM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrider58 View Post
I would say that too. It's such a traveled trail, someone should have pulled it. But it just gives me an excuse to go up there on friday!
Well there you go!!!
Old 12-12-2012, 07:09 PM   #18
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
I'm a maybe, most likely not... but we'll see.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:20 PM   #19
mbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mbmack1's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like a good time. Havent run that trail. Put me down as a maybe, ill know for sure in the next couple days and will get back to u with a definate yes or no. Is it just outside of catalina or what- what kind of trail time is involved?
Old 12-13-2012, 08:13 AM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmack1 View Post
Sounds like a good time. Havent run that trail. Put me down as a maybe, ill know for sure in the next couple days and will get back to u with a definate yes or no. Is it just outside of catalina or what- what kind of trail time is involved?

Yea, its right in the catalina foothills. Its 5 minutes from the meeting location at that gas station. As for trail time, it could be an all day thing if we go all the way to the other side but I plan on just making it a partial day run, just to explore and test out the jeep.