R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Steel toe boots in PHX?

Old 12-14-2012, 04:25 PM   #1
Sido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Sido's Tacoma Gallery
Steel toe boots in PHX?

Anyone know a place that sells steel toe boots in the Phoenix area? I need to get them soon and won't have time to order online. Another limiting factor is most places I've tried don't go above a size 13 and I need a 15.

Worst comes to worst I'll pick up some hunting/hiking boots and pretend they are steel toe. I'm going to be out at a plant and although I don't know how hard they check they do take safety very seriously.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:43 PM   #2
newertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: electronics tech
Name: Kevin
newertoy's Tacoma Gallery
Save your TOES--get some steel toes.
I am betting they take SAFETY SERIOUSLY.
Cannot help on where to buy--BE SAFE--you will be glad you did.
There is a reason they want steel toes.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:44 PM   #3
newertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: electronics tech
Name: Kevin
newertoy's Tacoma Gallery
If you cannot find them--talk to the supervisor and explain your situation--I am betting they will undrestand.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:47 PM   #4
0~ 0~ 0~
670 is on a distinguished road

670's Tacoma Gallery
pussysportinggoods gots some...not sure about your area. i mean dicks sporting good
Old 12-14-2012, 04:54 PM   #5
Wyowill is on a distinguished road
Wyowill's Tacoma Gallery
Most employers have vendors that can supply PPE.

Will
Old 12-14-2012, 05:23 PM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
There is a Boot Barn in Scotsdale, that should have some. Also, Sheplers at Mesa Riverview has a good selection.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:25 PM   #7
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
The safety shoes I've seen all have a little patch or tag. So if the plant is anal about it, they will catch your hunting boots.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:56 PM   #8
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
I got mine at the Boot Barn in Mesa. Great selection, also I highly recommend the Timberlands with the extra space in the toes... soo much nicer.

Do check with your plant on what the rating requirements are first though before you drop some coin on them.

You can also check out the Red Wing stores too
Old 12-14-2012, 09:35 PM   #9
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
I highly recommend Danner boots. You will pay a lot but they can be repaired and resoled and are some of the most comfortible I have ever worn.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:39 PM   #10
Resident Jackass
SoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: steven
SoutheastTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Size 15.... Wtf Sasquatch..
Old 12-14-2012, 09:55 PM   #11
14U2NV is a name known to all14U2NV is a name known to all14U2NV is a name known to all14U2NV is a name known to all14U2NV is a name known to all14U2NV is a name known to all
14U2NV's Tacoma Gallery
Check out Red Wing Shoes. They have a wide selection of steel toed boots and shoes. There are a several stores in the AZ area.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:50 PM   #12
Sido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Sido's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, I called each of those places, ended up going to Red Wings and got a nice pair. The other places didn't have more than one pair which I thought was strange...but the reason is due to timing. Many companies have a calendar year allowance for boots so people are buying up the obscure sizes before Jan. 1st.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:06 AM   #13
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
what plant are you at if you dont mind my asking? intel or a solar project?
Old 01-22-2013, 10:05 PM   #14
Sido's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greensystemsgo View Post
what plant are you at if you dont mind my asking? intel or a solar project?
Solar, was out in California, near Holtville / El Centro.

Since you asked here's the story. I booked my flight home for Christmas months ago, and planned to return after New Years. Then this project thing came up last minute and my boss asked me to go out there. I couldn't change the flight because there were no other seats available, and the plane was supposed to get in Jan 1 at 10pm. Had to be at the project by 6am Jan 2. Not bad, but I wasn't looking forward to the drive and no sleep. I had a layover in Denver. I just wanted to get home. You know what was waiting for me? A sea of purple. Literally. Every single person was from Kansas State. I never understood why you would spend hundreds of dollars to travel for a game when you can watch for free from the comfort of your home, but then again I am never one who tries to understand the masses. There were no taxis when we landed and the airport looked like Disneyland on the first Saturday of spring break. I didn't get home until 1am. I don't ever want to travel during he holidays again.

It was really amazing going to the project. After Yuma there are these huge sand dunes, no idea something like that even existed in California. Once I got into the area where the project was all I could see was farm fields, tractors, and big white SUVs with green stripes on them. If you ever wondered about the "military industrial complex" you should check out the "border industrial complex." It was just insane how many cars, sensors, and random helicopter flights they have. I was along the fence with Mexico too. Very strange, and it just ended too, wonder if they ran out of funding. They told us not to mess around with the fence and that you can get shot if you try and cross. I'm sure that was an exaggeration, but i wasn't going to find out. For as much crap as we gave the communists I would say the Soviets were masters at fence building. We could learn something from them when it comes to quality of design (except soviet fences kept people in).

The boots were a worthwhile purchase. I was around moving machines, trucks, and forklifts and sometimes they got too close for comfort.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:23 AM   #15
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
LOL the sand dunes out there by Yuma are called Glamis. You'll see that name posted more than once on here. Yup, the Mexican border runs literally right within sight of the highway for quite a ways. The fence doesn't end though...you just don't see it. Probably what you did see were long sections of metal fence-like barriers that are used along the highway near the dunes to minimize the sand drifting when the wind picks up. Those barriers cause a disruption in the wind and help make the sand drop down to the ground before it covers the roads. The actual border fence is much further back but still in sight.

Anyways, glad you found your boots! Take a look on the internet and you'll see some good pictures of people who had heavy loads dropped on steel toe boots and had the steel toe cap literally cut their toes off like a hedge clipper. Have fun.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:22 AM   #16
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass View Post
Anyways, glad you found your boots! Take a look on the internet and you'll see some good pictures of people who had heavy loads dropped on steel toe boots and had the steel toe cap literally cut their toes off like a hedge clipper. Have fun.
Yup, dirt bike boots have gone to a composite toe so the cup shatters with impact instead of cutting your toes off