R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

New tires

Old 01-10-2013, 09:14 PM   #1
Sido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Sido's Tacoma Gallery
New tires

I noticed a hole forming in the sidewall on one of my front tires and although it isn't huge and I can't see any of the fine little wires it makes me worry. I've put 60,000 miles on them. A year ago I was told by a brake shop they would expect another 2+ years on them given the amount of remaining tread (and not knowing the age). I've had the tires 8 years, and I pulled out some old paperwork and whoever bought them got a "used tire" discount of $110 so I have no idea how old they really are. It's probably time for a new set.

I've never bought tires before. What place do you recommend? Or do you order online? If you go to a store how much negotiating do you do over price or is it pretty rigid? Do you purchase the tire warranty?
Old 01-10-2013, 09:45 PM   #2
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
damn 60k? that's awesome.

i like discount tire, i go rick harrison up in that bitch
Old 01-10-2013, 10:49 PM   #3
Sido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Sido's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOC View Post
damn 60k? that's awesome.

i like discount tire, i go rick harrison up in that bitch
Does Rick Harrison purchase a tire warranty? You only insure what you cannot afford to pay out of pocket, but there are a lot of nails/ screws on the road.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:15 AM   #4
You say tomato..........I say fuck you!
05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
05TacoRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Shop online for the tires you like. Find the cheapest place then take the deal to discount and they will match it.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:25 AM   #5
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Online or Discount Tires.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:56 AM   #6
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
I usually do Discount Tire myself, with certs.

Also... that's an insanely long amount of time on tires. I get new rubber about every year >.>
Old 01-11-2013, 08:58 AM   #7
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post

Also... that's an insanely long amount of time on tires. I get new rubber about every year >.>
For the first time i got Certs on tires with my new set
Old 01-11-2013, 12:23 PM   #8
Sido's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Really? One year is all? I heard AZ destroys tires with the summer but didn't think it was that bad. How much do you spend on tires? If you get the really nice ones that will cost you a small fortune.

How often do you change out the spare? I've never actually taken it down, I check it every now and then to make sure it still has air pressure. I actually don't know if my spare is the same size, I should measure it. I bet it's at least 10 years old.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:31 PM   #9
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
His problem is more the desert 4wheeling trips than the heat
Old 01-11-2013, 01:01 PM   #10
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

No my real problem is mote 30,000+ mi a year on mts lol.... I rotate the spare in every new set if I haven't already done so from damage. It's a full clone spare/rim.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:02 PM   #11
Quote:
No my real problem is mote 30,000+ mi a year on mts lol.... I rotate the spare in every new set if I haven't already done so from damage. It's a full clone spare/rim.
ah yes, i didn't think about your daily commute, shoot you may have more miles than me now!
Old 01-11-2013, 01:03 PM   #12
Iron Beard

Around 74000
Old 01-11-2013, 01:05 PM   #13
Quote:
Around 74000
oh wow lol
Old 01-11-2013, 01:12 PM   #14
Iron Beard

Yea I really need to get the Z running lol...