R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

New to area and need recommendations

Old 01-12-2013, 08:43 AM   #1
Drabs10 is on a distinguished road
Drabs10's Tacoma Gallery
New to area and need recommendations

So I just moved here a month ago from NYC and bought myself a 09 Tacoma. I want to start working working on the truck to make it off-road/pre-run ready. Does anyone recommend any stores in the area for parts and installation? The closer to higley and german the better.
thanks
Old 01-12-2013, 08:53 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome! Most here install things themselves. Im sure we would be more than willing to help.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:39 AM   #3
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Two legitimate shops to look at:
- SDHQ (SuperDuty Headquarters)
- Sierra Expeditions

Also for cheap, quality fab work (like if you need sliders or just about anything) check out
- Avid Off-Road and hit up Brandon.

Also, we do mod days here and there, in fact I think a bunch of us need one soon so keep an eye out for that. We're all pretty willing to lend a hand most of the time
Old 01-12-2013, 10:52 AM   #4
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!
Old 01-12-2013, 10:58 AM   #5
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Oh yea, also welcome
Old 01-12-2013, 11:05 AM   #6
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome! I'm always down to lend a hand. Mod days are great!
Old 01-12-2013, 06:52 PM   #8
whys the rum gone
snowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
snowtank's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the fantastic state of arizona! Im in to lend a hand. If im down in the valley that is. But yeah we have a mod day slash paint day in the works. Its better to work on your own truck most of the time. But if you dont want to. Hit up sierra exp.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:44 PM   #9
mbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mbmack1's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to AZ and what they said ^^^
Old 01-14-2013, 07:55 AM   #10
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
Feel free to swing on by the shop anytime and check out what we have to offer. Everything if you want to DIY, or we can get it done for ya. We currently have a nice ex Lucas pace truck Tacoma in the back getting some love as well as a Tundra.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:08 AM   #11
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
And........a sick as can be FJ!

How's that truck coming along?
Old 01-14-2013, 09:13 AM   #12
Morto un papa, se ne fa un'altro
motorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: EOD TEU1, MU 8, BUD/s 225, MA 9545
Name: Jason
motorsport36's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome. i think the other members summed it up. We have a great crew in AZ. A lot of knowledge and willingness to lend a hand or buy you a beer.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:55 PM   #13
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Phil Dammit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post
Two legitimate shops to look at:
- SDHQ (SuperDuty Headquarters)
- Sierra Expeditions

Also for cheap, quality fab work (like if you need sliders or just about anything) check out
- Avid Off-Road and hit up Brandon.

Also, we do mod days here and there, in fact I think a bunch of us need one soon so keep an eye out for that. We're all pretty willing to lend a hand most of the time
Sdhq does quality work as well as custom fab/install but that kind of quality comes with a price so be prepared to spend some coin. Sierra is super helpful as well. The question is how much are you willing to dump in your rig?
Old 01-15-2013, 07:13 AM   #14
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
And........a sick as can be FJ!

How's that truck coming along?
All that is left is finish wiring and interior. Daniel just finished the front bumper, and were cleaning up the fiberglass. we have been slammed lately, booked out for fab for almost 2 months. Which is good, but it's slowing some long term builds up.

BTW, here is a video from when The Smoking Tire came by to play with the Eco-Boost Raptor
http://youtu.be/wYWE11Oo5rg
Old 01-22-2013, 08:13 PM   #15
Drabs10 is on a distinguished road
Drabs10's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks everyone who replied. Awesome to hear so many of you willing to help with any modifications. I personally prefer to do as much as I can, it saves money, I learn more, and it means more when you actually work on you truck as opposed to paying someone. With that said I will be hitting you guys up when the time comes. I just read up on the CAI and decided to keep my stock one and just change the filter, any suggestions with what one. My next thing to start saving for a researching is my exhaust system. I am looking for sound a speed. Suggestions are always welcome. Thanks again for all the responses and cant wait to get my truck off the pavement.

Also if anyone has a suggestion of how to get my 89 wrangler down here at the lowest price possible that would be great. This beast is already ready for the trail.