Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Tacoma Mechanic

Old 01-22-2013, 08:19 AM   #1
Gooiegoogoo is on a distinguished road

Name: Gustavo
Gooiegoogoo's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma Mechanic

I live in Phoenix AZ and am looking for a Certified ASE mechanic to do some work on my tacoma. Does any one have any suggestions? Dealership, privately owned shop, or a specific person at any shop would be best.
Thank you
Old 01-22-2013, 05:40 PM   #2
GoldMember
tacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: VMAQ-1
Name: Josh
tacosunday's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of work
Old 01-22-2013, 07:44 PM   #3
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
X2... also why certified... most of us do our own work...
Old 01-22-2013, 08:32 PM   #4
Cbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sebastian
Cbass38's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of work ..?
ASE's are very easy to get, but they show general knowledge.. that said i have all my ase's.. and a buncha chrysler,jeep,dodge,and nissan certs...
Old 01-22-2013, 09:32 PM   #5

I bought the truck with a warranty and would like to have documentation of any work done. I noticed it was leaking engine oil from the oil pan. I know it's the gasket on the pan since part of it was dangling. Another issue is it seems to be leaking differential fluid from my CV axles. I know it's not packing grease from the boots it's oil. The CV axles were replaced because the boot clamps slipped and allowed the grease to shoot out. The warranty replaced it with new axles rather than just pack and clamp.
I am capabl of doing the work my self but I have the warranty so I might as well take advantage of it.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:03 PM   #6
GoldMember
tacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: VMAQ-1
Name: Josh
tacosunday's Tacoma Gallery
If you have a warranty then take it to a Toyota dealership
Old 01-23-2013, 06:04 AM   #8

I have been leaning towards the dealership. Does anyone recommend a specific one in the valley.
It is a vehicle warranty, it's the sweets thing I got it through AZ federal credit union, as long as the vehicle is under 100k miles you can get an extended warranty.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:09 AM   #9
Cbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sebastian
Cbass38's Tacoma Gallery
do you know who the warranty is through? is it a toyota warranty or aftermarket service contract?
Old 01-23-2013, 12:59 PM   #10
george2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: BIG G
george2pak's Tacoma Gallery
I can recomend my friend Chris , he's got this shop EXOTIC AUTO BROKERS 8550 N. 91st Ave., Suite 47
Peoria, Arizona 85345
www.exoticautobrokers.net

Just let him know that Big G send you and he will give you affair price.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:34 PM   #11
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. C
Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooiegoogoo View Post
I have been leaning towards the dealership. Does anyone recommend a specific one in the valley.
It is a vehicle warranty, it's the sweets thing I got it through AZ federal credit union, as long as the vehicle is under 100k miles you can get an extended warranty.
Don't take it to Big Two in Gilbert. Those techs there are horrible.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:20 PM   #12

Ahh see that's what I'm getting at Aw9d. I want to hear of a dealership with good reviews from other Tacoma owners.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:30 PM   #13
05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
05Aztacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I've been to Earnhardt Toyota a few times and had a good experience every time.

And what Colby said, STAY AWAY from Big Two.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:56 PM   #14
george2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: BIG G
george2pak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooiegoogoo View Post
Ahh see that's what I'm getting at Aw9d. I want to hear of a dealership with good reviews from other Tacoma owners.
If you want a Toyota dealership go to Camelback Toyota and ask for Robert Gonzales(service advisor).He will take good care of you. Tell him you are a TW member and Big G sent you. I'm very happy with him!
Old 01-24-2013, 07:22 AM   #15

Awesome thank you all for the heads up. Funny thing, on the tail gate i can still see the ghost the sticker left behind and what do you know its a Big Two Toyota.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:26 AM   #16
N7MCS
Chipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31R, HHB, 2/43 ADA Battalian, 108th ADA Brigade, XVIII Airborne Corps
Name: Chip
Chipskip's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by george2pak View Post
If you want a Toyota dealership go to Camelback Toyota and ask for Robert Gonzales(service advisor).He will take good care of you. Tell him you are a TW member and Big G sent you. I'm very happy with him!
x2 on Camelback Toyota.

Also, make sure it's your oil pan thats leaking before you go in. Thats a lot of labor ($$$) for an $8 gasket. Also, consider if its a leak that needs to be dealt with or "Horsepower sweet!"
Old 01-24-2013, 08:36 AM   #17
tnttse is on a distinguished road
Name: Tyler
tnttse's Tacoma Gallery
I had some bad experiences with Right toyota. It took them 4 times to figure out the issue with my satellite radio.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:48 AM   #18
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Camelback and Earnhardts are awesome, i went to Toyota School with 2 of the techs that work there now and can vouch that they do clean work and knowledgable
Old 01-28-2013, 06:14 PM   #19
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
toyoworks.