Notices

Where to go off roading near Phoenix

Old 01-25-2013, 09:57 AM   #1
ndub86 will become famous soon enoughndub86 will become famous soon enough
Name: Neal
ndub86's Tacoma Gallery
Where to go off roading near Phoenix

Hey everyone,

So I just got my new truck about a month ago. I'm itching to take it offroad this weekend for part of Saturday or Sunday, but I don't have much time. I've been in some areas around Box Canyon outside of Florence before, just wondering if you can recommend something even a little bit closer!

Also, I'm not looking for anything too crazy - I'm not quite ready to start scratching my truck up since it's brand new! Hahaha
Old 01-25-2013, 12:25 PM   #3
ndub86's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEKBOY12295 View Post
What part of town are you in?
I'm in the Ahwatukee area
Old 01-25-2013, 02:37 PM   #4
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Most everything surrounding tukee is Gila River tribal land and off-limits. The closest things are the White Tanks area (over by Luke AFB) and Saguaro Lake in the rolling hills ohv area/sycamore. Everything is kinda... all roughly about the same distance lol... There are some pre-runner type power line roads near Maricopa City... but again not very close.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:20 PM   #5
GoldMember
tacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: VMAQ-1
Name: Josh
tacosunday's Tacoma Gallery
The nearest Mall parking lot
Old 01-26-2013, 06:23 AM   #6
Buckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MI Officer
Name: Chris
Buckoma's Tacoma Gallery
West Valley- The south White Tanks have some trails like Tax Collector, Firebird, Scorpion, Sidewinder, etc, mostly stretches of washes but regular roads also. Just get off I-10 on Watson and head north a mile. A couple of us are going out there today around 11am to have some wet fun.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:30 PM   #7
Buckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MI Officer
Name: Chris
Buckoma's Tacoma Gallery
It was wet and it was fun...

Old 01-26-2013, 07:05 PM   #8
ndub86's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckoma View Post
It was wet and it was fun...

Nice! Looks like you had an awesome time! I hope to get out there sometime soon! Probably not looking like I'll be able to get out this weekend anymore but definitely by next weekend. What I'm most looking forward to is just going camping and not having to worry about where I'm going. In the past, I'd have to borrow my dad's tacoma to get anywhere because I had a CRV and while it had "real time 4wd", the clearance was obviously crap so I could never take it anywhere cool. I try to get out car camping and/or backpacking about once a month, especially when the summer hits and it gets so freaking hot in the valley.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:51 PM   #9
N7MCS
Chipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31R, HHB, 2/43 ADA Battalian, 108th ADA Brigade, XVIII Airborne Corps
Name: Chip
Chipskip's Tacoma Gallery
Got out to Table Mesa Rd. North of Phoenix.
Attached Thumbnails
Where to go off roading near Phoenix-imageuploadedbytapatalk-hd1359262209.279009.jpg   Where to go off roading near Phoenix-imageuploadedbytapatalk-hd1359262255.651395.jpg   Where to go off roading near Phoenix-imageuploadedbytapatalk-hd1359262287.677455.jpg  
Old 01-29-2013, 06:59 AM   #10
007Taco
Brian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Don't ask!
Brian007Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacosunday View Post
The nearest Mall parking lot