R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Caution: Earnhardt Toyota

Old 01-29-2013, 04:13 PM   #21
azgunrunner will become famous soon enoughazgunrunner will become famous soon enough

Law Enforcement: Former LEO
Name: George
azgunrunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverSound View Post
This just got more interesting! Did you take the bastard in?
Negative, shortly after the bracelets were put on, I think the place knew I wasn't screwing around anymore and my keys appeared. After checking his wants/warrants with dispatch (using the salesman's desk phone), I released him.

Made for a funny briefing the next morning, I had to explain why I was phoning in a wants/warrant check while off duty. Later that morning my LT had a talk with me about community policing BS....blah blah blah... and that was the end of it... Fast forward 15 years and I still won't do business with any of the Earnhardt clowns...
Old 01-29-2013, 04:18 PM   #22
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DriverSound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by azgunrunner View Post
Negative, shortly after the bracelets were put on, I think the place knew I wasn't screwing around anymore and my keys appeared. After checking his wants/warrants with dispatch (using the salesman's desk phone), I released him.

Made for a funny briefing the next morning, I had to explain why I was phoning in a wants/warrant check while off duty. Later that morning my LT had a talk with me about community policing BS....blah blah blah... and that was the end of it... Fast forward 15 years and I still won't do business with any of the Earnhardt clowns...
Funny! I bet they no longer use keys as hostage, they probably moved on to driver's licenses.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:24 PM   #23
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
That's just a shame.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:38 PM   #24
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverSound View Post
Funny! I bet they no longer use keys as hostage, they probably moved on to driver's licenses.
I bet they still do.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:45 PM   #25
007Taco
Brian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Brian007Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I've been going to Earnhart for a couple of years now and haven't had any problems. The guy I have been dealing with is Matt and he has been awesome. Sucks that you had a bad experience.

I stopped going to Big Two after a year. I loved the service when they were in Mesa and was treated like a customer. It wasn't until they moved to Chandler when I stopped being treated like a customer. There would be times I would show up and several people in back of me would get serviced before me. I felt like a number instead of a name. On two occations I had stuff stolen out of my truck. I had $5 in quarters stolen one time and the other time $100 of a prescription I had tucked away in the bottom of the center console that I had forgotten about. I didn't have insurance at the time and as a result I was paying out of pocket. The service manager there was a jerk and told me it was my fault for having the stuff stolen. I could understand about the quarters as they were in plain site, but the medication that was all the way in the bottom of the center console with stuff on top of it and out of site. I was one pissed guy.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:52 PM   #26
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DriverSound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmmccoy007 View Post
I've been going to Earnhart for a couple of years now and haven't had any problems. The guy I have been dealing with is Matt and he has been awesome. Sucks that you had a bad experience.

I stopped going to Big Two after a year. I loved the service when they were in Mesa and was treated like a customer. It wasn't until they moved to Chandler when I stopped being treated like a customer. There would be times I would show up and several people in back of me would get serviced before me. I felt like a number instead of a name. On two occations I had stuff stolen out of my truck. I had $5 in quarters stolen one time and the other time $100 of a prescription I had tucked away in the bottom of the center console that I had forgotten about. I didn't have insurance at the time and as a result I was paying out of pocket. The service manager there was a jerk and told me it was my fault for having the stuff stolen. I could understand about the quarters as they were in plain site, but the medication that was all the way in the bottom of the center console with stuff on top of it and out of site. I was one pissed guy.
Hmmm... "prescription"?
Old 01-30-2013, 05:35 PM   #27
seric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedseric007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
seric007's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-rev View Post
This is my first and only experience I will be having with Earnhardt Toyota. At roughly 54K miles I noticed my valve timing cover was leaking oil, after searching around here a bit I found it was covered under the 60K power train warranty. I scheduled an appointment and was relieved to know this was going to be taken care of.

When I went to go pick the truck back up the service manager showed me around the truck and briefly talked about the work they did, they even ran it through the car wash. At this point I was pretty satisfied. As the manager was handing me my keys he informed me that my rack and pinion was busted and I was leaking steering fluid all over. We took a look and sure thing, the undercarriage of the truck was soaked with a thick oily fluid coming from the boot of the rack and pinion. Along with this he also added that my spark plugs needed to be replaced, as well as the package for the cabin air filter. With everything I was quoted just short of $1700.00.

I found the spark plugs and cabin air filter strange because I just replaced them a few thousand miles prior to this service, so I went ahead and wrote those off. This really got me thinking though so I stopped by a couple shops to get the rack and pinion looked at. From what they could tell nothing appeared broken and they cleaned up the area for me and told me to keep an eye on my fluid levels and whether more was coming out of the boot. So for the next week or two I looked every day. The fluid levels remained the same, and no more fluid appearing to come out of the boot and no spots on the ground where I regularly park. Now, 10K miles later there are still no signs of damage. I can only suspect they themselves made the truck look damaged in order to get more business.

I figure I would share this experience up here for you AZ guys, I doubt they are the only dealer who would do this kind of thing but this is just a heads up for any of you looking to get service done at this dealer.
I regret to say I purchased my truck from them, before I did a SINGLE mod to it i had alignment issues, took it to them 3 times ... they couldn't get it right. Third time they "did an alignment" and "couldn't find the spec sheet" well the truck drove like shit. I don't know what the hell they were doing each time they had it for 8 hours, but it wasn't an alignment.

moral of the story: i fix my own shit and do my own alignments and mount my own damn tires. WHY? Because of stories like the one the OP just stated.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:05 PM   #28
4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alan
4OYOTER's Tacoma Gallery
I bought my first Taco from them in 2011. It was an '09 that already had 93k on it.. Got a smokin' deal on it and being it was my first truck, I drove the heck out of it - put 5,000 miles on it the first month. I played around in the mud quite a bit and immediately after one of my muddin trips I started hearing a strange noise whenever I pushed the clutch in. I also developed an issue with the fan/vent controls. IIRC, I could only use the max fan option and anything lower wouldn't work.

After the first month I took it back to them for an oil change and had them check out the concerns. I ended up with an estimate for $1,000+ in work to have the throw out bearing replaced and some solenoid for the fan controls.

Being this was my first dealership experience and first vehicle I had ever financed, I was pretty upset. Even though the truck had no warranty whatsoever, I was upset that it needed work after only one month.

I shared this with the service manager (I want to say his name was Jim, but I really can't remember). He recommended I talk to the sales department about it. Long story short, the sales department ended up paying to have the work done. On the basis that it was my first experience with Earnhardt and they wanted to earn my business. They even put me in a rental car while the truck was with them.

Then... I got a phone call from the service manager advising me that when they opened the transmission they found massive amounts of mud inside and they were almost certain the throw out bearing issue was caused by my "offroading".

Anyways, they ended up covering the whole cost regardless.. And I'm pretty sure the throw out bearing was my fault. I didn't realize it was so easy to suck mud into there because of the vents.

Needless to say, I was quite impressed with my experience at Earnhardt.. Just my two cents.. I now live in Texas so I haven't been there in a few years though.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:56 AM   #29
blatant is on a distinguished road
blatant's Tacoma Gallery
however posting on a forum like this tends to be priceless as well as timeless....

here's some good reading from me regarding Aholes....look at the life of it.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1052280
Old 02-06-2013, 09:34 AM   #30
JerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud of

Name: Jerry
JerryTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Unfortunately, some stealerships will try to rob unsuspecting customers if given the opportunity. I myself had an experience with Right Toyota in Scottsdale with my 05 Tacoma dcsb 4x4. I brought it in several years ago to get my 90k mile service, and the service manager said that I needed to replace my timing belt, at a cost of $2,500.. Thankfully, I knew my truck quite well, and given that I have a pretty extensive automotive background(I was a master certified tech for Ferrari, Bentley, Lambo, and Aston Martin at the time) I called their bluff, reported the fraud the the dealership management, and consequently, the service manager was fired..

It really is sad that they try to rob people in such ways, but a little knowhow, and a second opinion will usually keep your money in your wallet.. I've since traded that truck for a 2012, and still get it serviced at Right Toyota..
Old 02-11-2013, 04:38 PM   #31
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Phil Dammit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Bought parts from that dealer with no issues. I think it's like this with all dealer's service derpts.
Its not, sounds like a shady service advisor trying to drum up some business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
They create their own 'fake' accounts and rate themselves really well.
Last i checked you cant do that on yelp

Quote:
Originally Posted by azgunrunner View Post

Where were you when this roady jaunted out 3ft into my lane the other day and the scottsdale cop on the moto took it upon himself to inform that bikes can use the road too and that i shouldn be honking at him. Even though he didn notice with his ear buds in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmmccoy007 View Post

Yeah never leave anything in your car, lot rats will always steal shit. Nhen again the dealer should have replaced the drugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seric007 View Post
I regret to say I purchased my truck from them, before I did a SINGLE mod to it i had alignment issues, took it to them 3 times ... they couldn't get it right. Third time they "did an alignment" and "couldn't find the spec sheet" well the truck drove like shit. I don't know what the hell they were doing each time they had it for 8 hours, but it wasn't an alignment.

moral of the story: i fix my own shit and do my own alignments and mount my own damn tires. WHY? Because of stories like the one the OP just stated.
Spec sheet? How long ago was this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4runner316 View Post
I bought my first Taco from them in 2011. It was an '09 that already had 93k on it.. Got a smokin' deal on it and being it was my first truck, I drove the heck out of it - put 5,000 miles on it the first month. I played around in the mud quite a bit and immediately after one of my muddin trips I started hearing a strange noise whenever I pushed the clutch in. I also developed an issue with the fan/vent controls. IIRC, I could only use the max fan option and anything lower wouldn't work.

After the first month I took it back to them for an oil change and had them check out the concerns. I ended up with an estimate for $1,000+ in work to have the throw out bearing replaced and some solenoid for the fan controls.

Being this was my first dealership experience and first vehicle I had ever financed, I was pretty upset. Even though the truck had no warranty whatsoever, I was upset that it needed work after only one month.

I shared this with the service manager (I want to say his name was Jim, but I really can't remember). He recommended I talk to the sales department about it. Long story short, the sales department ended up paying to have the work done. On the basis that it was my first experience with Earnhardt and they wanted to earn my business. They even put me in a rental car while the truck was with them.

Then... I got a phone call from the service manager advising me that when they opened the transmission they found massive amounts of mud inside and they were almost certain the throw out bearing issue was caused by my "offroading".

Anyways, they ended up covering the whole cost regardless.. And I'm pretty sure the throw out bearing was my fault. I didn't realize it was so easy to suck mud into there because of the vents.

Needless to say, I was quite impressed with my experience at Earnhardt.. Just my two cents.. I now live in Texas so I haven't been there in a few years though.
Wow, you worked the system. Cant ebelive the dealer ate that repair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryTaco View Post
Unfortunately, some stealerships will try to rob unsuspecting customers if given the opportunity. I myself had an experience with Right Toyota in Scottsdale with my 05 Tacoma dcsb 4x4. I brought it in several years ago to get my 90k mile service, and the service manager said that I needed to replace my timing belt, at a cost of $2,500.. Thankfully, I knew my truck quite well, and given that I have a pretty extensive automotive background(I was a master certified tech for Ferrari, Bentley, Lambo, and Aston Martin at the time) I called their bluff, reported the fraud the the dealership management, and consequently, the service manager was fired..

It really is sad that they try to rob people in such ways, but a little knowhow, and a second opinion will usually keep your money in your wallet.. I've since traded that truck for a 2012, and still get it serviced at Right Toyota..
Thats wierd...cuz the same manager is still there try not to lie too hard, its not becoming of a toyota owner. The previous was fired for laundering money and the other passed away. Right has the best parts department in the valley, service manager is pretty good, the writers are hit and mis, and the sales guys are as sleazy as they get. However they are the only ones i get parts and warranty/recall work done.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:40 AM   #32
JerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud of

Thats wierd...cuz the same manager is still there try not to lie too hard, its not becoming of a toyota owner. The previous was fired for laundering money and the other passed away. Right has the best parts department in the valley, service manager is pretty good, the writers are hit and mis, and the sales guys are as sleazy as they get. However they are the only ones i get parts and warranty/recall work done.[/QUOTE]

Just conveying what I was told Phil.. I do know for a fact that the service writer was gone right after that, and to this day is still not there.. Warranty work has been hit or miss with them.. Sometimes they are willing to fix things, and other times not so much. Getting them to to do the leaf spring TSB on my 05 was like pulling teeth, but after much persistence they finally finally made the repair free of charge.. Other than that I have problems with their techs sometimes misdiagnosing, or just not fixing things right.. If it weren't the only dealership close to my office, I likely wouldn't go there.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:08 PM   #33
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Writer is one thing, a shady writer are a dime a dozen, however a manager is another thing. Hmmmm listening to how lower end vehicle owners and dealerships operate amazes me.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:16 PM   #34
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Where I got my Tacoma the Dealership was awesome they sent guy about 70 miles just to get the Tacoma I had asked for they took the offer I had given them. Toyota needs to investigate dealerships because the consumer perceives the dealership as representing the company. If the found out about your experience it would be nice if they yanked the dealership agreement from the sleezbags and gave someone else a deal instead.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:43 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Dammit View Post
Writer is one thing, a shady writer are a dime a dozen, however a manager is another thing. Hmmmm listening to how lower end vehicle owners and dealerships operate amazes me.
Phil-This issue is not exclusive to "lower end vehicles" as you've put it.. I've worked at the highest end car dealerships out there and they too will try to scam any unsuspecting owners.. Really, a lot of the shadyness falls on the service writer in most cases.. Point is, educate yourself, know your vehicle and what you are talking about and you can avoid being scammed.... Phil, we all know that you however know everything there is to know about everything because you are the king of the universe.. I've unfortunately had the displeasure of listening to your ramblings first hand on the Gnar van, and this forum is no different... So keep preaching
Old 02-14-2013, 04:59 PM   #36
Peanut butter mini time

Was your dealership the number 2 in the nation becuase we never had issues like this with our writers. Btw nice to see youve got a big mouth behind a screen, way to man up in person.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:04 PM   #37
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryTaco View Post
Phil-This issue is not exclusive to "lower end vehicles" as you've put it.. I've worked at the highest end car dealerships out there and they too will try to scam any unsuspecting owners.. Really, a lot of the shadyness falls on the service writer in most cases.. Point is, educate yourself, know your vehicle and what you are talking about and you can avoid being scammed.... Phil, we all know that you however know everything there is to know about everything because you are the king of the universe.. I've unfortunately had the displeasure of listening to your ramblings first hand on the Gnar van, and this forum is no different... So keep preaching
With 16 posts, you should kinda be a little more carfull who you decide to try and insult. Phill has been a wealth of knowledge on the site, and knows quite a bit about the industry.
Quote:
Was your dealership the number 2 in the nation becuase we never had issues like this with our writers. Btw nice to see youve got a big mouth behind a screen, way to man up in person.

Gentalmen. Can we refrain from any type of personal attacks on one another? Please?
Old 02-14-2013, 05:16 PM   #38
Peanut butter mini time

Sure chris, but only because you asked nicely.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:17 PM   #39

Quote:
Sure chris, but only because you asked nicely.