R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Need help mounting bumper in Tucson

Old 02-25-2013, 01:50 PM   #21
GTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GTABurnout's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great. How I missed this tread till do day I don't know.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:31 PM   #23
Banned
Infra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Jason
Infra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepAndrew View Post
Hmm... There may be a way to mount that can carrier right on the swing-out so it's not in the way..

Yeah Andrew the can carrier mounted in my bed is not the same one that mounts onto the swing away. The one that came with the bumper does mount right onto the swing away, and when mounted onto the swing away it makes my truck 3/4" too long to park in my garage....and I am required to park in my garage due to my homeowners association. It's ok...I really don't like the look with the can carrier mounted on the swing away so.....I'll only mount it when I go on wheeling/camping/road trips. No biggie
Old 02-25-2013, 05:21 PM   #24
Jeep driving High Voltage junkie
JeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
JeepAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infra View Post
Yeah Andrew the can carrier mounted in my bed is not the same one that mounts onto the swing away. The one that came with the bumper does mount right onto the swing away, and when mounted onto the swing away it makes my truck 3/4" too long to park in my garage....and I am required to park in my garage due to my homeowners association. It's ok...I really don't like the look with the can carrier mounted on the swing away so.....I'll only mount it when I go on wheeling/camping/road trips. No biggie
That works! The fab gears were turning so I thought I'd chime in Don't get me started on HOAs though...
Old 02-25-2013, 10:10 PM   #25
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepAndrew View Post
That works! The fab gears were turning so I thought I'd chime in Don't get me started on HOAs though...
Just gotta say... Fuck HOA's
Old 02-26-2013, 08:01 AM   #26
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Damn Jason....that bumper looks beastly!
Old 02-26-2013, 09:07 AM   #28
whys the rum gone
snowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
snowtank's Tacoma Gallery
Would refurbishing your leafs give you the half inch back?
Old 02-26-2013, 09:30 AM   #29
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Quote:
So now I have a little bit of a bro lean going on. Rear is sagging about a 1/2" lower than the front. I have dakar leafs in the rear so not sure what to do other than throwing in 1" blocks in the rear.

Suggestions anyone?
What are you running in the front? Any adjustment there?
Old 02-26-2013, 11:54 AM   #31
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Trimming is the best way to eliminate rubbing! Pinch weld, cab mount and lots o' lots of plastic!
Old 02-26-2013, 11:58 AM   #32
Banned
Infra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Jason
Infra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
Trimming is the best way to eliminate rubbing! Pinch weld, cab mount and lots o' lots of plastic!

Yeah I've done plenty of trimming on the front as well as having a CMC, but still have minor rubbing issues. There is no way I would turn down the CO's to match the rear. I am thinking I will just have to throw a 1" block on the rear.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:53 PM   #34
b4iceman is one of the sharper tools in the shedb4iceman is one of the sharper tools in the shedb4iceman is one of the sharper tools in the shedb4iceman is one of the sharper tools in the shedb4iceman is one of the sharper tools in the shedb4iceman is one of the sharper tools in the shedb4iceman is one of the sharper tools in the shedb4iceman is one of the sharper tools in the shedb4iceman is one of the sharper tools in the shedb4iceman is one of the sharper tools in the shedb4iceman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
b4iceman's Tacoma Gallery
Nice bumper!
Old 03-08-2013, 02:37 PM   #35
RAGEAHOLIC
mh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 12th MAR HQ BTRY TAP
Name: MAD MIKE
mh.meier's Tacoma Gallery
Do the blocks Jason, they wont make much difference other than lift. I have the expos so I didnt have to worry about that, I have to raise my front instead haha!
Old 03-18-2013, 05:47 AM   #36
cytocycle is a jewel in the roughcytocycle is a jewel in the roughcytocycle is a jewel in the roughcytocycle is a jewel in the rough

Name: Chris
cytocycle's Tacoma Gallery
If you are running Dakar's you can add an overload leaf to them as it's supported for extra weight which is why I went with them, when I add a camper and gear. Talk to Sierra Expeditions in town

Quote:
So now I have a little bit of a bro lean going on. Rear is sagging about a 1/2" lower than the front. I have dakar leafs in the rear so not sure what to do other than throwing in 1" blocks in the rear.

Suggestions anyone?