R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Need help mounting bumper in Tucson

Old 02-19-2013, 12:04 PM   #1
Banned
Infra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Jason
Infra's Tacoma Gallery
Need help mounting bumper in Tucson

As title says....I am needing some help mounting a CBI high clearance rear. A friend was supposed to help me but he has since left the country due to work. I know I will have to mount and measure a few different times as well as make at least 2 or 3 cuts before I make the final cut on the bedsides.

I am wanting to do it this weekend. I have all tools needed and can do this in my small garage, just need an extra set of hands or 2. In exchange for your help I will supply pizza, wings, or burgers, and to wash it all down will be beer (to those of legal drinking age) and or soda/water/vitamin water.

I am on the east side of town. I plan on tearing off the stock bumper and hitch Friday night so I will probably want to get started on mounting the new bumper pretty early Saturday morning. If anyone is willing to help, just throw me a PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:05 PM   #2
whys the rum gone
snowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
snowtank's Tacoma Gallery
If i was in town i would be more than happy to help. But i wont be. Bump for ya tho. Good luck with the cutting.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:48 PM   #4
mjacob is on a distinguished road
mjacob's Tacoma Gallery
I just saw this now… maybe too late. Did you already get this done?
Old 02-23-2013, 04:43 PM   #5
Who needs 4WD?
neslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Harrelsen
neslerrah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjacob View Post
I just saw this now… maybe too late. Did you already get this done?
They met this morning in Marana to mount the bumper. I was busy with some other stuff so I did not get a chance to meet you with them.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:52 PM   #6
mjacob is on a distinguished road
mjacob's Tacoma Gallery
Bummer. I was actually free this morning, which is rare for a Saturday morning.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:39 PM   #7
Banned
Infra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Infra's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah Harrelson we got it mounted. Had to do a few different cuts on the bedsides. I was too damn nervous to do it so Jeep Andrew did the cuts, actually turned out pretty damn good.

Matt fixed up his antennae mount on his bed rail. Stefen put on some crazy ass beefy spindles that were HUGE. Unfortunately I had to bounce before he got finished with the spindles so I'm curious to see how his truck looks now.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:06 PM   #10
mbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mbmack1's Tacoma Gallery
Any time jason. This is what we do bro- always willing to lend a hand when time permits.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:32 PM   #13
Who needs 4WD?
neslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Harrelsen
neslerrah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepAndrew View Post
You gotta make it out next time so we can fab that stinger for your bumper!

I will let you know. I just need to pick up some light bar tabs from Ballistic Fab.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:27 PM   #17
Banned
Law Enforcement:
Infra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neslerrah View Post
post some pics.

Still working on the bumper/swing out. Can't keep the can carrier mounted because then my truck is 3/4" too long to fit in my garage and close the door. Guess I'll only mount the can carrier when I head out for camping/road trips and or wheeling trips. Having a km2 mounted on my spare wheel tomorrow and will take that ugly small stock spare off

Old 02-25-2013, 12:35 PM   #20
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
looks good! That bumper's been growing on me more and more.

One thing to consider though, look at how the tire gate is built and maybe consider adding some gussets... I know Chas's collapsed when he backed into something at some point.