R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Highway 89a closed 20 miles south of Paige

Old 02-20-2013, 02:57 PM   #1
Banned
Infra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Jason
Infra's Tacoma Gallery
Highway 89a closed 20 miles south of Paige

In case anyone is driving up north be warned that you will have a take a detour. 89a is closed roughly 20 miles south of Paige. Around 5am this morning there was what they are describing as a "geological" event that has caused the highway to buckle and separate.

ADOT and DPS state they do not know how long it will be closed, the detour DPS has set up is about 40 miles out of the way, at least as far as I have heard.

Old 02-20-2013, 03:04 PM   #2
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-20-2013, 03:07 PM   #3
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
That's one hell of a crack....
First thing I thought of vvv

Old 02-20-2013, 03:09 PM   #4
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
maybe Ca. is finally break off into the sea??
Old 02-20-2013, 03:12 PM   #5
Ghostofkrypton is on a distinguished road
Ghostofkrypton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaltaco65 View Post
maybe Ca. is finally break off into the sea??
Perhaps, we are already paying california tax rates....... Why not get the beach front property to go along with it.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:57 PM   #6
whys the rum gone
snowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
snowtank's Tacoma Gallery
Holy shit. Lets go see if we can wheel it. Haha i am driving back up to show low tonight. I guess luckily not up the 89.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:06 PM   #8
whys the rum gone
snowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
snowtank's Tacoma Gallery
Damn! Go craig!
Old 02-20-2013, 04:10 PM   #9
llibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
llibrm's Tacoma Gallery
Holy Crap! I just heard about this on the radio but hadn't seen any pics of it
Old 02-20-2013, 04:14 PM   #10
H.O.G Hunter Of Gunman
82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3/1 infantry sniper plt reach out and touch someone
Name: BUBBA
82 yotaman's Tacoma Gallery
Holy SHIIIT thats crazy Cali is doomed to sink in the ocean.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:32 PM   #11
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
I've wheeled similar...

Abandoned Highway in Centralia Pa.
Bad ass sir! +1 for just having balls to do that.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:37 PM   #12
I'D RATHER LIVE, THAN LIVE FOREVER
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infra View Post
In case anyone is driving up north be warned that you will have a take a detour. 89a is closed roughly 20 miles south of Paige. Around 5am this morning there was what they are describing as a "geological" event that has caused the highway to buckle and separate.

ADOT and DPS state they do not know how long it will be closed, the detour DPS has set up is about 40 miles out of the way, at least as far as I have heard.

Holy hell! Ive been on that road hundreds of times growing up up north. That's insane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyotacrawler View Post
That's one hell of a crack....
First thing I thought of vvv

Gaaah!!! Motherhumpers!! Top 5 favorite movies right there. Watched it religiously as a kid. Thanks dad. Lol. Used to run from couch to couch andbot touch the floor. Still creeps me out. Now they are in Az! Lol. Im gonna have nightmares now.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:40 PM   #13
wtf am i reading
Razgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Razgriz's Tacoma Gallery
If i could remember my geology i cold tell you why thats happening. Well at least what it strikes me as. But it has do with the san andreas fault. Come on brain work >.>
Old 02-20-2013, 04:44 PM   #14
Banned
Infra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Infra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razgriz View Post
If i could remember my geology i cold tell you why thats happening. Well at least what it strikes me as. But it has do with the san andreas fault. Come on brain work >.>

News outlets are reporting this happened to due some "geological" or "geo-thermal" event. None of them have mention anything about the San Andreas fault
Old 02-20-2013, 04:59 PM   #15
Stormtrooper Corps
Alaskan toy is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
Alaskan toy's Tacoma Gallery
It looks like a partial slope failure (land slide) to me. You can see a circular failure surface along the pavement, but I haven't heard of a landslide only dropping 5 feet like that.

More photos here: http://www.azfamily.com/news/N-Arizo...192033001.html
Old 02-20-2013, 05:01 PM   #16
EG555 is a glorious beacon of lightEG555 is a glorious beacon of lightEG555 is a glorious beacon of lightEG555 is a glorious beacon of lightEG555 is a glorious beacon of lightEG555 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Edgar
EG555's Tacoma Gallery
Imagine being on that road as it split. Crazy stuff right there.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:07 PM   #17
TOYWERX Grill Sargent
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
Bad ass sir! +1 for just having balls to do that.

we've had a bunch of fun up that way...

Here's Josh (JLink) on the same crack:

Heres a shot from quite some time back when it was not as large:

from left to right: Virgilus11 (truck now in Texas & owned by Delmarva), XXXX (formerly Oswego), SecretSquirrel, and lrgrnr.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:09 PM   #18
Banned
Law Enforcement:
Infra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EG555 View Post
Imagine being on that road as it split. Crazy stuff right there.

Yeah that would have been crazy to see that happen in person. ADOT and DPS say they found out about this because they had responded to a report of a vehicle collision and upon responding found this.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:35 PM   #19
Its the Journey, not the Destination
SierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cliff
SierraExp's Tacoma Gallery
isnt that PA highway where the underground coal fire has been burning for like 60 years? Pretty cool story, really cool you guys can play around there
Old 02-20-2013, 06:37 PM   #20
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraExp View Post
isnt that PA highway where the underground coal fire has been burning for like 60 years? Pretty cool story, really cool you guys can play around there
You got it. Neat place and a few places you can play around at.