R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Tire help for a noob

Old 02-22-2013, 10:24 PM   #1
Mas Tequila!!!
JuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Juan
JuansTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Tire help for a noob

Hi I'm in need of tires for my 2wd automatic taco and I'm gunna go with 32 inch tires on 16 inch rims. I wanna be able to go anywhere without them slowing me down much I want all terrains any suggestions?
Old 02-23-2013, 12:05 AM   #2
Gooiegoogoo is on a distinguished road

Name: Gustavo
Gooiegoogoo's Tacoma Gallery
This is a very limited selection. IMO you will have to compromise either way you look at it. Michelins LTX M/S are supposed to have very good all arounds review, especially in regards to MPG.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:35 AM   #3
Mas Tequila!!!
JuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I was sorda looking towards BFG allterrains a tko I want the aggressive look while being able to go somewhat fast
Old 02-23-2013, 12:50 AM   #4
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
idk about around you. but I love my nitto terra grapplers! they good on road, in rain, dirt, pretty good in mud. good in snow.

the BFG A/T is good as well, it’s about the same. buddy has them on his FJ.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:21 AM   #5
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuansTaco View Post
I was sorda looking towards BFG allterrains a tko I want the aggressive look while being able to go somewhat fast
Well, fast in these trucks is not really safe dude. I'm not going to tell you what to do. But to answer your query an off-road capable tire is not meant for blistering performance on the street. Best bet is to purchase tires that kind of split it down the middle. General makes some pretty decent off/on road tires, in fact many manufacturers produce tires that do both reasonably well. BFG AT's Goodyear Duratracs and their Wrangler M+S are not bad.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:12 AM   #6
TheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Seth
TheGloryFades's Tacoma Gallery
I like my Cooper ATP but haven't done any difficult off-roading with them
Old 02-23-2013, 07:30 AM   #7
Mas Tequila!!!

Ok and what size I a 32" tire? I have a leveling kit right now so I can fit up to 32
Old 02-23-2013, 07:51 AM   #8
TheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Seth
TheGloryFades's Tacoma Gallery
265/75/16
Old 02-23-2013, 08:14 AM   #9
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Aren't the mtr's rated to like.... 160mph or something lol
Old 02-23-2013, 08:16 AM   #10
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post
Aren't the mtr's rated to like.... 160mph or something lol

lol, more like 160 kph
Old 02-25-2013, 07:01 AM   #11
007Taco
Brian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Don't ask!
Brian007Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I have 265/75/16 BFG AT's and love them.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:19 AM   #12
Buckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MI Officer
Name: Chris
Buckoma's Tacoma Gallery
You should be able to fit 32x11.5 BFG TKOs no problem, and they are a great tire... used them for years on my Tacoma. Overall traction is good and they wear less and last longer than many other tires. Plus they tend to be reasonably priced compared to metric-sized tires.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:38 AM   #13
Superdavert is on a distinguished road

Name: Dave
Superdavert's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Hankook Dynapro ATm. Great tire off and on road. Put 25,000 miles on them so far, and they still look good. They ride nicely at 80 mph. Beyond that speed, I don't know.