1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

JeepAndrew's AZ Trail Runs/Campouts

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by JeepAndrew, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Mar 25, 2013 at 11:35 AM
    neslerrah

neslerrah Taco lovin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Harrelsen
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    5 lug BEAST!
    Secondary air filter removed, elbow mod, BFG T/A KO (31x10.5R15), 15" American Racing Mojaves, BHLM, Dome Light MOD (Blue), Pioneer headunit, Sockmonkey 'TACOMA' Decals, Readylift 5-lug SST, Rear Shocks - Bilstein TRD, Dynomax Super Turbo #17748, DDM Slim Ballast HID Kit H4 Hi/Lo -35W 6000K in headlights, Apexcone Raptor HID Kit H3 - 35W 6000K in Hella 500s, aFe CAI #51-10762, WeatherTech Floorliner, 200W Smart AC Inverter
    Last night Dan and I did not get home until 11:45pm. Tyler had to leave his '91 'Yota near Rug hill. The last 1.5 hours of the trail turned into a night run for us, but we managed to get back to Mammoth.

2. Mar 25, 2013 at 11:48 AM
    snowtank

snowtank Where the fuck did my beer go!

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    11 txpro dcsb 08 trd sprt dcsb
    Some stuff here and there....
    They are on there way down there right now to go get it.

3. Mar 25, 2013 at 2:20 PM
    TroCo

TroCo Member

Member:
    Tucson, Az
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab SR5
    What are they taking up there to go get it? After that beating we took getting up carpet hill at night Im sure it'll be little more "fun" to make it to Tylers' truck.

4. Mar 25, 2013 at 2:35 PM
    snowtank

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    They are taking a ford f150. Oh shit i just realized about that first wash that you have to ride the wall on. They are just about there now. I told them to just take a dirt bike then throw the bike in the back pf the truck. Would go quicker getting in there

5. Mar 25, 2013 at 2:47 PM
    Brian007Taco

Brian007Taco 007Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    If you ask. You don't know me very well!
    Mesa, AZ to NM to OK to UT back to Mesa
    Vehicle:
    2012 Red TRD OR 4x4 DCSB (aka Clifford the Big Red Truck)
    12 OR DCSB 4x4 265/75/16 Goodyear Ultra Terrain wrapped on MB352's. OME 886's w/5100's front and back, and Dakars. Derped Emblems. KM Fab sliders, Mobtown Front and back bumpers w/tire gate, KM Fab Bed Rack, Bestop Supertop, Matt Gecko bed lights. Tree Smashed Taco 06 OR AC Prerunner! OME 885 with 5100's in front, TSB and AAL with 5125's in back. 30" light bar in the valance.
    If it's a newer F150, it's going to have a tough time riding that wall and not going into the wash. I felt like I was going to slide off.

6. Mar 25, 2013 at 2:51 PM
    snowtank

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Nope its a way older model. Only truck he was willing to take down and put thru that punishment

7. Mar 25, 2013 at 2:56 PM
    Brian007Taco

Brian007Taco 007Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Vehicle:
    12 OR DCSB 4x4 265/75/16 Goodyear Ultra Terrain wrapped on MB352's. OME 886's w/5100's front and back, and Dakars. Derped Emblems. KM Fab sliders, Mobtown Front and back bumpers w/tire gate, KM Fab Bed Rack, Bestop Supertop, Matt Gecko bed lights. Tree Smashed Taco 06 OR AC Prerunner! OME 885 with 5100's in front, TSB and AAL with 5125's in back. 30" light bar in the valance.

That's probably wise.

8. Mar 25, 2013 at 3:19 PM
    snowtank

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Yeah im still worried about it tho. If i dont hear from them by 930 tonight. Im taking off back down there. Hopefully everything goes well and they are in n out

9. Mar 25, 2013 at 4:59 PM
    Jonesn13

Jonesn13 Nifty

Member:
    First Name:
    Spencer
    Tempe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    '16 T4R Trail Premium, 08 AC 4x4 6spd(Sold)
    Some, Suspension and stuff, tires, maybeh some armor.
    Dude. That trail was killer. At least everyone is ok, even though we had about 20-30% casualty rate.

Madness.

10. Mar 25, 2013 at 6:14 PM
    Infra

Infra Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Az
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM DCSB 4x4 TRD OR 6spd
    CBI Bushmaster 2.0 rear bumper with swing out tire carrier & fold down camp table, CBI Moab 2.0 front bumper, Warn M8000-S, Icon 2.5 RR CDC Extended travel CO's with 700lb springs, Icon 2.5 RR CDC rear shocks, Icon hydro bumps, Total Chaos uniball UCA's, All Pro Expo leafs, U-bolt flip kit, Softopper, diff breather mod, extended rear brake lines, Grillecraft mesh grille, Elusive Elements behind grille light bar with B.A.M.F. LED light bar brackets, okLEDlightbars.com 20" double row LED light bar, Relentless Fabrication hood cb antenna mount, Wilson Silver Load CB antenna, Uniden 520 Pro XL CB radio, Wet okole seat covers, Weather tech floor liners, Weather tech in channel window deflectors, trasharoo spare tire trash bag carrier, Box Rocket 2nd gen bed rack with (2) 2 gallon gas rotopax mounted on drivers side, (2) 2 gallon water rotopax mounted on passenger side, (1) 3 gallon gas rotopax & (1) 2 gallon gas rotopax mounted on CBI swing out, Avid weld on sliders, Mattgecko LED bed light
    My take on the trip:

Damn it was fun, but very rough on the vehicles. JeepAndrew I feel there is no need for you to apologize to everyone. Although I felt the trail was very under estimated in difficulty (especially attempting to take prerunners on the trail) and time to get to camp with all the trucks we had, it is not your fault. Everyone on the trip took on the responsibility for their own safety and the safety of their truck when they decided to attend. Only thing I think we should have done prior to departing on this trip was to get a very detailed and up to date trail report from someone who had ran that trail recently. I also think that we should have split the group up into at least 2 or 3 smaller groups with groups departing about 30 minutes apart.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Matt's ass up in the air
    [​IMG]

Cooking up some jalapeno cheddar hot dogs on the trail after taking Rob back to his truck and waiting to hear from Matt, Andrew, Dan, and Harrelson to make sure they made it out
    [​IMG]

Stripper pole mod in full effect
    [​IMG]

11. Mar 25, 2013 at 6:37 PM
    snowtank

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Ok so those pics are awesome! Nice jason.

Other note. Tyler has reached his truck safely. Down side brought the wrong size belt. They are wheeling back out now and going to try again tomorrow.

12. Mar 25, 2013 at 6:56 PM
    neslerrah

neslerrah Taco lovin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Harrelsen
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    5 lug BEAST!
    Secondary air filter removed, elbow mod, BFG T/A KO (31x10.5R15), 15" American Racing Mojaves, BHLM, Dome Light MOD (Blue), Pioneer headunit, Sockmonkey 'TACOMA' Decals, Readylift 5-lug SST, Rear Shocks - Bilstein TRD, Dynomax Super Turbo #17748, DDM Slim Ballast HID Kit H4 Hi/Lo -35W 6000K in headlights, Apexcone Raptor HID Kit H3 - 35W 6000K in Hella 500s, aFe CAI #51-10762, WeatherTech Floorliner, 200W Smart AC Inverter
    Thanks to everyone who came out. The view and scenery was amazing. Of course trail damage is expected in many ways. No matter the situation, when something goes wrong, there are folks on the trail with the knowledge and experience to help get your rig rolling again.

Thanks to our front runner Andrew for leading us (Tacos) out on a great trail ride. Sure it took us about 9 hours to run. But we all got to see the beauty of southern Arizona. Thanks to Jason for getting Robbie and his wife safely back to their truck. Thanks to Mr.Meihr, your wheel spacer helped limp Ashley's truck off the trail. Thanks to Stefen, who should have been out on the trail, for his spindle. Thanks to Dan to leading me ride with him. All those who came out in stock height trucks, great job. It was nice to meet you all.

All the trail runs I've been on, I walk away with more experience. Will I ever run Rug Rd again? Hellz yea! I will know what to expect the next time around. Thank you guys and gals, and dogs that came out. Thanks for experience. I'm looking forward to the next one.

BTW, I saw everyone taking pics, post them! :D

13. Mar 25, 2013 at 7:20 PM
    Infra

Infra Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Az
    Vehicle:
    CBI Bushmaster 2.0 rear bumper with swing out tire carrier & fold down camp table, CBI Moab 2.0 front bumper, Warn M8000-S, Icon 2.5 RR CDC Extended travel CO's with 700lb springs, Icon 2.5 RR CDC rear shocks, Icon hydro bumps, Total Chaos uniball UCA's, All Pro Expo leafs, U-bolt flip kit, Softopper, diff breather mod, extended rear brake lines, Grillecraft mesh grille, Elusive Elements behind grille light bar with B.A.M.F. LED light bar brackets, okLEDlightbars.com 20" double row LED light bar, Relentless Fabrication hood cb antenna mount, Wilson Silver Load CB antenna, Uniden 520 Pro XL CB radio, Wet okole seat covers, Weather tech floor liners, Weather tech in channel window deflectors, trasharoo spare tire trash bag carrier, Box Rocket 2nd gen bed rack with (2) 2 gallon gas rotopax mounted on drivers side, (2) 2 gallon water rotopax mounted on passenger side, (1) 3 gallon gas rotopax & (1) 2 gallon gas rotopax mounted on CBI swing out, Avid weld on sliders, Mattgecko LED bed light

Speaking of that....big thanks and major props to Matt, Dan and Harrelsen for following snowtank out the same way we came in. Made me feel much better that he was not the only one going out that way!

14. Mar 25, 2013 at 7:27 PM
    snowtank

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Yes thanks guys for joining me much appreciated!!!! And thanks to everyone that came out! I had a blast meeting /wheeling/talking to/ partying with/ checking out your trucks/ and drinking with! Cant wait to see you all again and i look forward to doing this trail again. But before i do maybe a lift and some armor are in need haha

What has two thumbs and is getting a new steel front bumper?

This guy

15. Mar 25, 2013 at 7:31 PM
    PLC721

PLC721 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Chandler, Az
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tundra Crewmax ProKiller
    Kings, Toyos, Baja Designs, TC, SDHQ
    Dang i want to check this trail out

16. Mar 25, 2013 at 8:24 PM
    JeepAndrew

JeepAndrew [OP] Nah bitch Jeep guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Offroad beast YJ/2015 Taco
    Lots-o-mods
    I'm glad everybody had a good time and enjoyed themselves. This was just one of those times where a chain of bad luck and unexpected trail conditions "cursed" our group.

Brian, as the only pre-runner to make the trip, even with assistance, you did really well! Massive bragging rights! :D

The turnout for this run was huge, and that did make for a longer run. Jason's idea of staggering departure times with two groups would have been a better plan. Between group size with mechanical problems, the run took an additional 3 hours to run.

I will still run this trail again in the future, and anyone who didn't make it out or is interested in a "re-conquering" of Rug Road is invited to come with. I may be running it again in the next few months, I will keep everyone posted.

Big thanks goes to everyone who came out and especially assisted with the breakdowns and trail damage. You Tacoma guys are okay with me! :D

17. Mar 25, 2013 at 8:57 PM
    Brian007Taco

Brian007Taco 007Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Vehicle:
    Other than massive chunks taken out of my tires, I did pretty good. Thanks again Andrew! I feel really good about that one section I made it through at the beginning.

18. Mar 25, 2013 at 9:19 PM
    george2pak

george2pak Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    BIG G
    Phoenix,AZ
    Vehicle:
    4x4 sr5 TRD offroad
    Brute Force Fab front& rear bumper with winch, sliders, skid plates by Relentless, tires 285/75/16" , wheels by SCS , CB Stryker SR497 etc
    :cool: :thumbsup: I'm glad you like it!

19. Mar 25, 2013 at 9:20 PM
    Infra

Infra Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Az
    Vehicle:

:(

20. Mar 25, 2013 at 9:56 PM
    george2pak

george2pak Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    BIG G
    Phoenix,AZ
    Vehicle:
    4x4 sr5 TRD offroad
    Brute Force Fab front& rear bumper with winch, sliders, skid plates by Relentless, tires 285/75/16" , wheels by SCS , CB Stryker SR497 etc
    Remember when we were at Sycamore, and I wanted to do some kind of crawling? This is what I was talking about. I loved it! I will like to do more runs like this even a little bit harder. I would had prefer to have some sliders and maybe a HC Bumper , just in case. So far the best run I've been, since I became a TW member. Then only think I not to happy about, is Arizona pin striping on my new truck :(. Next time I'm bringing a machete.

IMG_4864.jpg
    IMG_4929.jpg
    IMG_4935.jpg
    IMG_4967.jpg

To Top