R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Possible Meetup/ Need Help - Tuscon

Old 03-27-2013, 08:14 AM   #1
infantry is a splendid one to beholdinfantry is a splendid one to beholdinfantry is a splendid one to beholdinfantry is a splendid one to beholdinfantry is a splendid one to beholdinfantry is a splendid one to beholdinfantry is a splendid one to behold
Army: Infantry
infantry's Tacoma Gallery
Possible Meetup/ Need Help - Tuscon

Hello,

I am new to AZ and will be in Tuscon this weekend to pick up a bike.

I was hoping someone with some electrical knowledge could help me out. (Ill throw you a 6 pack.)

I have a plug and play TRS HID Kit and for some reason my right light is intermittent. Sometimes it works some times it doesnt. I have been on the phone with TRS and they have sent me replacement parts with limited results. I am just a dumb grunt so I know nothing about electrical.

Hope to meet up with more of you now that im stationed in AZ.

Thanks,

Sebastian
Old 03-27-2013, 09:32 AM   #2
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
If I was going to be down that way I'd help you out... but alas... not planning to at this time.

First things I"d look at though are ensure all connections are tight and secure. Did you do any splicing (most kits are plug and play so that shouldn't be an issue I'd think). If you did... did you solder the connections, and solder correctly? Check and verify reguardless.

Also try switching the bulbs between lights and see if it follows, maybe it's just having issues striking for some reason. Also.... try switching ballasts and see if it follows, if it does then you have a faulty ballast.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:33 AM   #3
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
If I was going to be down that way I'd help you out... but alas... not planning to at this time.

First things I"d look at though are ensure all connections are tight and secure. Did you do any splicing (most kits are plug and play so that shouldn't be an issue I'd think). If you did... did you solder the connections, and solder correctly? Check and verify reguardless.

Also try switching the bulbs between lights and see if it follows, maybe it's just having issues striking for some reason. Also.... try switching ballasts and see if it follows, if it does then you have a faulty ballast.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:22 PM   #4
dira1987 is a jewel in the roughdira1987 is a jewel in the roughdira1987 is a jewel in the roughdira1987 is a jewel in the rough

Name: David
dira1987's Tacoma Gallery
When i was installing my PIAA lights they did the same thing. I took the ballast apart and found the connector inside the bulb was grounding itself against the back of the ballast. Maybe that is something that is happening with yours? Wish i could help but im in chandler and not good at lighting unfortunately. But thats what mine did and it was an easy fix!
Old 04-02-2013, 10:21 AM   #5
Get off your horse and drink your milk.
teamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant future

teamamerica's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by infantry View Post
Hello,

I was hoping someone with some electrical knowledge could help me out. (Ill throw you a 6 pack.)

I have a plug and play TRS HID Kit and for some reason my right light is intermittent. Sometimes it works some times it doesnt. I have been on the phone with TRS and they have sent me replacement parts with limited results. I am just a dumb grunt so I know nothing about electrical.

Thanks,

Sebastian
in huachuca?
Old 04-02-2013, 10:41 AM   #6
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. C
Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by infantry View Post
Hello,

Thanks,

Sebastian
What parts were replaced? TRS support is really good so sounds like a bad connection somewhere.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:43 PM   #7
infantry is a splendid one to beholdinfantry is a splendid one to beholdinfantry is a splendid one to beholdinfantry is a splendid one to beholdinfantry is a splendid one to beholdinfantry is a splendid one to beholdinfantry is a splendid one to behold
sorry guys my computer never told me you guys responded!!!

team america... yes here in this Sh$T hole.

AW9D...Everything.. they sent me new ballasts and wiring... it worked for a couple weeks and now the same problem.. ive been meaning to call them back but at this point i have no idea what to say to them.

I am headed back up to tuscon this weekend.. IF ANYONE could help me I will buy you a case of beer for sure.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:08 PM   #8
Get off your horse and drink your milk.
teamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant future

teamamerica's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, it's quiet though.

but i live in huachuca city if you want to stop by this weekend and i'll look at if you want (i'm not a genius at it though)
i'll pm you my number.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:02 PM   #9
sweet thanks man. Ill be up in Tuscon all weekend so if not this weekend ill try and reach ya next weekend. Anyone else up in Tuscon?
Old 04-18-2013, 08:29 PM   #11
sweet man thanks. I don think im heading up this weekend but probably next weekend. could you pm me your number?