R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

AZ monthly trail runs & camping trips

Old 10-02-2013, 04:07 PM   #1021
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
Desert Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtank View Post
hahahha. got to love the ball busting! makes it feel more like a family. I feel so at home here.
How's it going Andrew? Get some rubber on Whit's rig yet? I just ordered a set of 255/85R16 Coopers to put on some Method wheels I picked up a while back. I haave been wanting to try the "tall & skinny" fitment for a while. Tire poor here... Just when I thought I had the 'mod addiction' under control...
Old 10-02-2013, 05:25 PM   #1022
Scarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Scarlett4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo View Post
Alright thanks for the info too! I'll try to go

yea man, dont take the ball busting seriously or you wont make it in this group.

Bill, did you get rid of the bumper yet? and what was wrong with your last wheels and Duratrac's? took you a year to put them on just to take them off?
Old 10-02-2013, 05:43 PM   #1023
JTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
JTS2014TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
I haze you all the time
Everyone does I just deal with it haha
Old 10-02-2013, 05:51 PM   #1024
whys the rum gone
snowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
snowtank's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Drifter View Post
How's it going Andrew? Get some rubber on Whit's rig yet? I just ordered a set of 255/85R16 Coopers to put on some Method wheels I picked up a while back. I haave been wanting to try the "tall & skinny" fitment for a while. Tire poor here... Just when I thought I had the 'mod addiction' under control...
Just got a quote for her new tires today. Still looking around for some deals but she wil have some new shoes by the end of the month. research is killing me. i am still trying to decide between a more street tire or m/t tire and I need it to handle good in the snow aswell. so many choices out there. But I am good. how you been? looking in to a new HC rear bumper to get rid of the trail damage?
Old 10-02-2013, 10:19 PM   #1025
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Just got a quote for her new tires today. Still looking around for some deals but she wil have some new shoes by the end of the month. research is killing me. i am still trying to decide between a more street tire or m/t tire and I need it to handle good in the snow aswell. so many choices out there. But I am good. how you been? looking in to a new HC rear bumper to get rid of the trail damage?
Good to hear. I decided to get a set of 'tall & skinny' tires, Cooper ST's in 255/85R16, this is an all-terrain pattern. I just don't think a true MT is really correct for pavement pounding and being honest this is 75% of my miles. I struggled deciding between the Cooper ST and the BFG KM2 which is also available in this size.

My HC rear bumper with swing-out is HERE today, I pick her up tomorrow! It is a Pelfreybilt (from same fabricator as my front bumper). I need to clean it, paint it, install it. I am stoked!
Old 10-02-2013, 10:24 PM   #1026
whys the rum gone
snowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
My HC bumper with swing-out is HERE today, I pick her up tomorrow! It is a Pelfreybilt (from same fabricator as my front bumper). I need to clean it, paint it, install it. I am stoked!
Awesome!!!! I cant wait to envy your truck even more than I already do. haha Pelfrey makes some awesome bumpers! super jealous over here.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:31 PM   #1027
FBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kaleb
FBGW01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
There is a thread for the Tacoma World Second Annual Glamis meet. It is October 24-27 (Thursday through Sunday).

I am interested in this as well. I do not know the area personally, but on the map it is 210 miles from central Phoenix. Mapquest has you take I-10 west to Blythe, CA then south on hwy 78 to Glamis. Should be a 3 hour drive. Area is also called Imperial Sand Dunes.

On the other thread TW member "Caged4runner" is leaving Friday the 28th at 2pm with a truck or two.
That's the route I take. And "caged4runner" is cruising out with me and I'm pretty positive one other truck. There's already an az Glamis prep thread made.

EDIT: vvv here it is vvv
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/ari...p-az-prep.html
Old 10-03-2013, 12:17 AM   #1028
Mas Tequila!!!
JuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Juan
JuansTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBGW01 View Post
That's the route I take. And "caged4runner" is cruising out with me and I'm pretty positive one other truck. There's already an az Glamis prep thread made.

EDIT: vvv here it is vvv
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/ari...p-az-prep.html
I want to go but need a new rack and pinion soon
Old 10-03-2013, 08:34 AM   #1029
Scarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Alright fellas im thinking that this month we will leave for Glamis and resume next month with the Good Guys car show and maybe we can throw in a quick day run out to Sycamore or Butcher Jones the morning before the show. Let me know what you all think.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:16 AM   #1030
TRD
Rodrigo is on a distinguished road

Name: Rodrigo
Rodrigo's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm I'll try to go more info plz
Old 10-03-2013, 11:16 AM   #1031
Quote:
Awesome!!!! I cant wait to envy your truck even more than I already do. haha Pelfrey makes some awesome bumpers! super jealous over here.
It is only hardware my friend. Getting out there and enjoying the outdoors and riding trails is the good stuff! Doing it with friends is that much better.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:02 PM   #1032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett4x4 View Post
yea man, dont take the ball busting seriously or you wont make it in this group.

Bill, did you get rid of the bumper yet? and what was wrong with your last wheels and Duratrac's? took you a year to put them on just to take them off?

Jon, Bumper update: Got it, have it filed smooth, acid-etched, POR-15 primed and waiting for top coat. Work and home tasks have been eating my time but I hope to cut the bedsides off and get her mounted this weekend.

Nothing wrong with my bronze Konig wheels and DuraTracs, I like 'em a lot, but I want to try the "tall & skinny" tires. Got the Cooper ST's in 255/85R16 now mounted & balanced on my Method wheels, but not going to put them on the Tacoma until after Glamis. Need all the width I can get in that soft sand and 265 trumps 255. In rocky terrain the skinnies are legendary (we shall see), plus the skinny Coopers are 33.3 inches tall (regear and lockers next year???).

Juan from here and I are headed to Glamis on Thursday afternoon, who else is goin' West to Glamis for the 2nd Annual TW Glamis Meet?
Old 10-16-2013, 08:52 AM   #1033

Quote:
Jon, Bumper update: Got it, have it filed smooth, acid-etched, POR-15 primed and waiting for top coat. Work and home tasks have been eating my time but I hope to cut the bedsides off and get her mounted this weekend.

Nothing wrong with my bronze Konig wheels and DuraTracs, I like 'em a lot, but I want to try the "tall & skinny" tires. Got the Cooper ST's in 255/85R16 now mounted & balanced on my Method wheels, but not going to put them on the Tacoma until after Glamis. Need all the width I can get in that soft sand and 265 trumps 255. In rocky terrain the skinnies are legendary (we shall see), plus the skinny Coopers are 33.3 inches tall (regear and lockers next year???).

Juan from here and I are headed to Glamis on Thursday afternoon, who else is goin' West to Glamis for the 2nd Annual TW Glamis Meet?
Lockers yes, but I doubt you need a re-gear at 33's. I Have 34's and don't need it (but I do need to get my speedo adjusted)
Old 10-22-2013, 11:21 AM   #1034
Glamis in 2 days... Leaving Thursday 1:30 PM. Jon, I will likely be at Wash #4.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:30 AM   #1035
whys the rum gone

Quote:
It is only hardware my friend. Getting out there and enjoying the outdoors and riding trails is the good stuff! Doing it with friends is that much better.
true true.

Quote:
Glamis in 2 days... Leaving Thursday 1:30 PM. Jon, I will likely be at Wash #4.
have fun! take lots of pics
Old 10-29-2013, 12:09 PM   #1037
My new rear bumper is finally on. Photo taken at Glamis this past week....
Old 10-29-2013, 02:57 PM   #1038

Quote:
My new rear bumper is finally on. Photo taken at Glamis this past week....
Looks awesome! When do the new skinnys go on?
Old 10-29-2013, 04:11 PM   #1039
whys the rum gone

Looking good bill. Cant even notice the scratches on the back fender anymore
Old 10-29-2013, 05:16 PM   #1040
Quote:
Looking good bill. Cant even notice the scratches on the back fender anymore
Why spend $5 on some touch-up paint when a $1300 bumper can allow you to cut that piece off?

And the skinnies will go on soon! That is one on the tire carrier in the pic, 3 more waiting to be installed. BTW the 265/75R16 Dura-tracs did well in the sand at 20 psi inflation. Several of the guys burried themselves on bald tires and/or poor driving technique. (look at the Glamis thread for carnage photos).