R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Best Shop - East Valley

Old 04-06-2013, 11:40 PM   #1
Knwilson is on a distinguished road
Knwilson's Tacoma Gallery
Best Shop - East Valley

Just picked up a 2013 DCSB Prerunner Sport. Looking to get wheels, tires, possible lift (small leveling kit or ~1.5" lift), and maybe snugtop cap.

Wheels - Method Racing Fat Fives (17x8.5")
Tires - Nitto Terra Grapplers (265/70/17)
Possible Lift - 5100s all around with stock coils and .85 or 1.75" setting up front (not sure yet on new coils and/or height setting)
Cap - Snugtop Aero Sport

Anyone have some recommendations for where to go to have this all done as a package deal? Believe it or not, I have reached out to the dealer where i just paid cash for the truck, SDHQ, and 4WP and never got a response from any of them. Apparently business is so good these days, they don't want my money.

Figured I check with you all for recommendations. I know I can buy most of this online and install myself, but wanted to get some local quotes as well to compare and decide if my time/effort is worth it or easier and quicker to just get it done.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:46 AM   #2
TheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Seth
TheGloryFades's Tacoma Gallery
By the parts and wait for a mod day, most of us do our own suspension work
Old 04-07-2013, 01:04 AM   #3
Very much an option (most likely to do). Still need the wheels/tires and the potential snugtop.

I can find the wheels and tires online, ship them (costs) but would need them mounted and balanced at a shop. Better to go to discount or big-o and try to get them to price match? Possibly give me some credit for the OEM tires with a couple hundred miles on them?.?.?

Part of me want to save money, but the impatient me wants to take the truck in Monday and pick it up Tuesday all done. :-)
Old 04-10-2013, 08:33 AM   #4
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knwilson View Post
Just picked up a 2013 DCSB Prerunner Sport. Looking to get wheels, tires, possible lift (small leveling kit or ~1.5" lift), and maybe snugtop cap.

Wheels - Method Racing Fat Fives (17x8.5")
Tires - Nitto Terra Grapplers (265/70/17)
Possible Lift - 5100s all around with stock coils and .85 or 1.75" setting up front (not sure yet on new coils and/or height setting)
Cap - Snugtop Aero Sport

Anyone have some recommendations for where to go to have this all done as a package deal? Believe it or not, I have reached out to the dealer where i just paid cash for the truck, SDHQ, and 4WP and never got a response from any of them. Apparently business is so good these days, they don't want my money.

Figured I check with you all for recommendations. I know I can buy most of this online and install myself, but wanted to get some local quotes as well to compare and decide if my time/effort is worth it or easier and quicker to just get it done.
Im sorry if i was late to responding to a PM. i have been out with Kidney stones. They are hell.

We can get everything your looking for. I will have to check availability on the Method's but they are usually good on stock with the Five's. We mist likely have the 5100's in stock, if not it's a day to get. The topper i would have to get in as well. But we can do that, or at least point you in the right direction.

As for the Tires, i would try to talk you away from the Nitto's and into some Toyo's. You would be getting a much better tire with the Toyo (Toyo makes Nitto tires to Nitto's specs) And the Toyo's are cheaper as well. 100% way to go with the toyo's.

We can also do the install for you, or answer any questions you may have to DIY. Im sure a lot can be done with a MOD day with guy's from here.

Any questions give me a call at the shop or a PM on here so i can get you some TW pricing.

-Vince@SDHQ
Old 04-10-2013, 01:28 PM   #5
dira1987 is a jewel in the roughdira1987 is a jewel in the roughdira1987 is a jewel in the roughdira1987 is a jewel in the rough

Name: David
dira1987's Tacoma Gallery
I got all of my stuff from Sierra Expeditions in Tempe. Awesome people that REALLY know their stuff and wont steer you wrong.

and if you decide to install it yourself they will help you out just in case you put something in the wrong way Check them out too!
Old 04-10-2013, 01:56 PM   #6
jjhmoney is on a distinguished road
Name: Joe
jjhmoney's Tacoma Gallery
XTC Motorsports! They did a great job on my truck and felt as though it was priced right!
Old 04-10-2013, 06:25 PM   #7
Its the Journey, not the Destination
SierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cliff
SierraExp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dira1987 View Post
I got all of my stuff from Sierra Expeditions in Tempe. Awesome people that REALLY know their stuff and wont steer you wrong.

and if you decide to install it yourself they will help you out just in case you put something in the wrong way Check them out too!
thanks David!
Old 04-10-2013, 11:50 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHQ OFFROAD View Post
Im sorry if i was late to responding to a PM. i have been out with Kidney stones. They are hell.

We can get everything your looking for. I will have to check availability on the Method's but they are usually good on stock with the Five's. We mist likely have the 5100's in stock, if not it's a day to get. The topper i would have to get in as well. But we can do that, or at least point you in the right direction.

As for the Tires, i would try to talk you away from the Nitto's and into some Toyo's. You would be getting a much better tire with the Toyo (Toyo makes Nitto tires to Nitto's specs) And the Toyo's are cheaper as well. 100% way to go with the toyo's.

We can also do the install for you, or answer any questions you may have to DIY. Im sure a lot can be done with a MOD day with guy's from here.

Any questions give me a call at the shop or a PM on here so i can get you some TW pricing.

-Vince@SDHQ
Crap, I was chomping at the bit and already ordered the wheels and tires. I appreciate the reply and now know where to turn for future needs.

Hope you're feeling better and passed the stones. They are no joke!!!!
Old 04-11-2013, 08:14 AM   #9
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knwilson View Post
Crap, I was chomping at the bit and already ordered the wheels and tires. I appreciate the reply and now know where to turn for future needs.

Hope you're feeling better and passed the stones. They are no joke!!!!
No worries! Let me know about the Bilsteins.