R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Car Audio Recommendations

Old 04-10-2013, 06:28 PM   #1
tensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud of
Name: Eric
tensecondchevelle's Tacoma Gallery
Car Audio Recommendations

I'm not sure if this has been discussed on this Arizona page, if so sorry!

Where is a good quality (and not ridiculously overpriced) car audio place here in the Valley (I prefer the East Valley/Mesa)?
I'm looking to put a new subs in, and finally put a amp to my door speakers, but the guy I have previously worked with is now out of business.

Any suggestions of places to go to try out or not to try out?

PS: I dont enjoy getting raped by places like Audio Express (and i'm sick of hearing their commercials on the radio. haha)
Old 04-10-2013, 07:45 PM   #2
redrider58 is a jewel in the roughredrider58 is a jewel in the roughredrider58 is a jewel in the roughredrider58 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Michael
redrider58's Tacoma Gallery
Don't know of any audio shops that you could go to, but its not hard to do it yourself.
Check out the audio threads here on TW. You will become a wiring expert in a short time. Plus you save some money.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:51 PM   #3
Desert Fab Motorsports has much to be proud ofDesert Fab Motorsports has much to be proud ofDesert Fab Motorsports has much to be proud ofDesert Fab Motorsports has much to be proud ofDesert Fab Motorsports has much to be proud ofDesert Fab Motorsports has much to be proud ofDesert Fab Motorsports has much to be proud ofDesert Fab Motorsports has much to be proud ofDesert Fab Motorsports has much to be proud of

Name: Clayton
Desert Fab Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
Audio by TJ 480-733-7077 Tell him Clayton sent ya!
Old 04-10-2013, 08:01 PM   #4
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Me.

Edit: I do installs. I don't sell equipment.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:28 PM   #5
tensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud of
I'm looking to get equipment installed, AND buy a amp for my door speakers. I appreciate the offer though!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
Me.

Old 04-10-2013, 08:29 PM   #6
Where's this guy located, and does he have a website to check out?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Fab Motorsports View Post
Audio by TJ 480-733-7077 Tell him Clayton sent ya!
Old 04-10-2013, 10:16 PM   #7
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
Me.

^^ This.

this AW9D character knows his stuff. we have both installed stereos on each others trucks.. just get all your stuff from online. cheaper.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:17 PM   #8
Why yes, I AM a rocket scientist.
Geosh is on a distinguished road

Geosh's Tacoma Gallery
Yep, get the stuff from OnlineCarStereo.com or SonicElectronix.com and do the install yourself, or find a qualified guy on here (like me or the other guys above) to give you a hand
Old 04-11-2013, 07:38 AM   #9
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Phil Dammit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose1988 View Post
^^ This.

this AW9D character knows his stuff. we have both installed stereos on each others trucks.. just get all your stuff from online. cheaper.
What moose said. Online is your best bet to get quality equipment. I prefer woofersetc as they are certified deLers of the product they sell and have a 1year warranty with the product they offer. They will also insure that your product gets fixed under warranty. Also its super easy to install/build boxes/mounting hardware for these trucks. Just search any of our builds, as most of us have installed on our own.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:45 AM   #10
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

X2 on woofersetc. And I think I got 2 year warranties with my stuff. so maybe they changed it. Regardless, they are good to go through.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:12 AM   #11
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

It could be 2, I haven bought from them in awhile though. Last time I did was my indash from their ebay account which came with a 9 month warranty. Whatever you do be sure to buy product with a warranty, unless you go uber cheap. I guess the real question is how much you willing to spend and what are you looking to get done
Old 04-11-2013, 08:18 AM   #12

Yeah got my stuff from their ebay account as well. it could of been my amp and doors I got from Techronics that had a 2 year warranty.. which I recommned Techronics as well.. another ebay account.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:03 AM   #13
Desert Fab Motorsports has much to be proud ofDesert Fab Motorsports has much to be proud ofDesert Fab Motorsports has much to be proud ofDesert Fab Motorsports has much to be proud ofDesert Fab Motorsports has much to be proud ofDesert Fab Motorsports has much to be proud ofDesert Fab Motorsports has much to be proud ofDesert Fab Motorsports has much to be proud ofDesert Fab Motorsports has much to be proud of

Name: Clayton
Desert Fab Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tensecondchevelle View Post
Where's this guy located, and does he have a website to check out?

He works out of his house. No website. he just moved so im not sure where his new place is at, but he's in the east valley.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:51 AM   #14
Here is my current setup.

Stereo:
JVC KW-AV50
http://www.amazon.com/JVC-KW-AV50-To.../dp/B006Y0Y9MU

Front Speakers:
MTX TX6
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...Audio-TX6.html

Rear Speakers:
MTX TDX65
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...dio-TDX65.html

Amp (subs):
2 MTX TD500.1d
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...-TD500.1D.html

Subs:
2 MTX FPR 10-04
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-2HHuS0B...-FPR10-04.html

The only problem is my setup sucks!!!! I found a guy on craigslist to build a box for me and install everything (big mistake), I mainly think it is a horrible box design and thats why it sucks.

What I plan on doing is hooking up the door speakers to a amp, sound deadening the back wall (it rattles like CRAZY) and installing a new box. My brother has a ProBox in his F150 and it POUNDS. I'm thinking about putting the same in my Tacoma.
Here is the link to that.
http://proboxrocks.com/products/high...00/index.shtml
Old 04-11-2013, 09:56 AM   #15

Check my build man. Its on the last page actually. I JUST upgraded my setup last weekend. The box I got is great. Good price too. I've also sound deadened the back wall and will be doing the doors very soon. Aw9d has also done this entire thing. Slightly different box but same concept. His is custom made.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:21 AM   #16
Quote:
Check my build man. Its on the last page actually. I JUST upgraded my setup last weekend. The box I got is great. Good price too. I've also sound deadened the back wall and will be doing the doors very soon. Aw9d has also done this entire thing. Slightly different box but same concept. His is custom made.
Looks good! I like how you were able to fit the box/amp in the back, yet still retain some storage space!
Old 04-11-2013, 10:22 AM   #17

thanks! Yea man.. less than 100 bucks for that box.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:26 AM   #18
Quote:
thanks! Yea man.. less than 100 bucks for that box.
How does it sound?

My box looks good, but sounds horrible! The guy did a pretty bad job of sealing mine . . . .
Old 04-11-2013, 10:29 AM   #19

Great. Pretty solid box for the price. Just have to make sure I torque down the screws so the sundown seals. Its right at .51 cu.ft.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:33 AM   #20
Peanut butter mini time

Ahhhh there's your issue. Shallow mounts...not known for being hard hitting subs. I've used a couple and was never pleased with them. Probox is your best option as I don't have the shop anymore to build that intricate of box. Your amp is perfect, being that it is well within the range of consumption per sub as long as your subs are in parallel. As for your sound quality, those door speakers are probably getting somewhere between 10 and 15 watts to each, which is well below rms. A door amp in the range of 100 watts per channel @ 4 ohms would be better suitef. Finding a 4-channel in that range for a decent price will be hard to do. You will be better off looking for 2 2-channels one with an rms rating of 100-130 @ 4ohms and another at 80-100 @ 4ohms. I run dual amps for my 3-ways and a single one for my sub using the amps as my main eq/crossover while fine tuning with the headunit. Your power consumption overall will still be well within the abilities of the stock alt and batt once you amp the door speakers