R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Moving to Arizona!

Old 02-18-2009, 07:40 PM   #21
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
I want to retire in Prescott but there are too many efing liberals.
ah yes... that is a sticking point...
Old 02-21-2009, 12:15 AM   #22
Still For Sale
BUK 0H5 is a name known to allBUK 0H5 is a name known to allBUK 0H5 is a name known to allBUK 0H5 is a name known to allBUK 0H5 is a name known to allBUK 0H5 is a name known to all

Army: Chinook Crew 101st ABN
BUK 0H5's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to AZ. I've lived all over the country but AZ keeps bringin me back. I love it here. I did a week in Denver last May for work, and it freakin snowed. I was like how the hell is it snowing in May. My wifes fam lives in Grand Junction so we make it up that was every now and then too. The scenery is nice, but I would hate to live there. And for all you haters saying it doesn't rain enough, you haven't been dow here lately. I don't think we have gone two weeks without rain since November. The desert by my house is actually starting to turn green.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:27 AM   #23
"The Dude"
El Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of lightEl Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of lightEl Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of lightEl Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of lightEl Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jeremy
El Duderino 480's Tacoma Gallery
first off, there is plenty of grass, trees and water depends where your at. as far as crime, if you live in straight phoenix downtown then yeah there will most likely be crime. ive lived there for over 11 years with my family and friends, none of us are running away from anything, my dad moved us because he works for aerospace. you must have been in the shit part of arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
What I disliked about AZ:
  • It's too hot in the summer.
  • The lack of grass, trees, or water.
  • The fact that there is very little water, but every jackass seems to have a boat.
  • Grid cities
  • Illegals
  • Crime
  • No one is really from there, so most people living there are running away from something. Some of the most fucked up fake people I've ever met.
  • You're driving and 55 miles away from your destination, yet you can see it.

What I liked:
  • Golf
  • Rockcrawling
  • Winter
Old 02-21-2009, 05:13 AM   #24
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
Brian will be next.

I am a native. As Rich(SS) & Mike(Delmarv) already know (and the rest of the AZ crew), I have lived a few different places...I lived in Los Angeles for 2 years, and I lived in rural Delaware for a while...all of which were post high school when I was on my own.

I wouldn't live in California again for all the tea in China...as for living in AZ...

Cons;
1. its hot as hell during the summer..I mean hot as HELL. Unless you spend everyday at the lake the Chris4x4...you'll dread it.

2. Grass DOESN'T grow on its own...you gotta force feed your lawn.

3. traffic sucks just about as bad as Los Angeles...forget trying to get anywhere quickly now with these DAMN cameras either...welcome to the new "Police State".

4. absolutley ZERO nightlife unless you have a favorite hole-in-the-wall bar you've been going to for years OR you like to dance at a ghetto rap music hip-hop clubs...

Pros;

1. cool ass Taco owners nearby.

2. Many places within 200 miles worth going to see, and often better temperate locations.

3. chicks in skirts...

4. you can carry your "piece" on your hip. (I dont know whats CO.'s take is on handguns, and I'm too lazy to look right now).

5. grid system roads
Old 02-21-2009, 05:59 AM   #25
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
I like visiting AZ.
I use to do it a lot for work, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Carefree, Tuscon.
I liked that you can buy glass-side tickets to the Coyote games inexpensively with nearby parking plus you can wear shorts & listen to a band outside!! Try that at Boston's Fleet Center or Montreal's Bell Centre -- Not happening!!
Plus lots more cool tacoma owners!

Go luck with your move, keep us posted!!
Old 02-21-2009, 06:58 AM   #26
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianr View Post
Unless you spend everyday at the lake the Chris4x4...you'll dread it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianr View Post
2. Grass DOESN'T grow on its own...you gotta force feed your lawn.
Absolutly TRUE!
Old 02-21-2009, 11:25 AM   #27
BioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant future
BioMed80's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, thanks for all the replies. I've visited AZ several times in the summer and obviously it's hot, but I think any place you go is what you make of it. Actually while I was there, it was over 110 for something like 15 consecutive days.

Brian - Yeah, I know about the stop-light cameras, and I heard about when they put in the highway speed cameras. They made an enormous amount of money the first weekend, even though they put up warning signs. Could you elaborate on wearing on your hip? In CO you need a CW permit to carry under your clothes, and I would assume it's the same in AZ. I'm not sure about wearing in plain view, but I think you'd have some trouble walking down the street with a 1911 on your hip in CO. I'm actually planning on buying my first gun when I get down there. Looking to get a Rem 500 or Maverick 88 for the home. Advice (from all you guys) on the best priced places would be much appreciated.

As for an update, we're still trying to settle on a place, but it looks like it may be in Gilbert. On that note, if anyone wants to lend a helping hand for some pizza and beer, we could always use the help unloading on the 28th.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:59 AM   #28
ghostboy808 is on a distinguished road
ghostboy808's Tacoma Gallery
You need a CW permit to carry it hidden. Otherwise it has to be visible to everyone. When I was there it seemed like the only people I ever met were from either NY or Chicago originally. 7 months of the year it is nice, the rest it is like living in an oven, even the wind is hot.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:09 PM   #29
MasterChief
MannyECG is on a distinguished road

MannyECG's Tacoma Gallery
I had the same dilema when I was contemplaing moving here. We visited here for a while before we moved.

Every city has its pros and cons and in the end, it all depends where you live since every city will have it's bad areas.

We liked the Tempe area the best and we love it here! Yes, it's hot but not too bad (it's a dry heat) and the rest of the year, the weather is great. You can carry a gun here and lots of places to go wheelin.

Like everything, it's all what you make of it.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:24 PM   #30
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMed80 View Post
Wow, thanks for all the replies. I've visited AZ several times in the summer and obviously it's hot, but I think any place you go is what you make of it. Actually while I was there, it was over 110 for something like 15 consecutive days.

Brian - Yeah, I know about the stop-light cameras, and I heard about when they put in the highway speed cameras. They made an enormous amount of money the first weekend, even though they put up warning signs. Could you elaborate on wearing on your hip? In CO you need a CW permit to carry under your clothes, and I would assume it's the same in AZ. I'm not sure about wearing in plain view, but I think you'd have some trouble walking down the street with a 1911 on your hip in CO. I'm actually planning on buying my first gun when I get down there. Looking to get a Rem 500 or Maverick 88 for the home. Advice (from all you guys) on the best priced places would be much appreciated.

As for an update, we're still trying to settle on a place, but it looks like it may be in Gilbert. On that note, if anyone wants to lend a helping hand for some pizza and beer, we could always use the help unloading on the 28th.
Hmmm.....Im ALWAYS up for Pizza.....
Old 02-21-2009, 12:38 PM   #31
Still For Sale
BUK 0H5 is a name known to allBUK 0H5 is a name known to allBUK 0H5 is a name known to allBUK 0H5 is a name known to allBUK 0H5 is a name known to allBUK 0H5 is a name known to all

Army: Chinook Crew 101st ABN
BUK 0H5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm not sure about wearing in plain view, but I think you'd have some trouble walking down the street with a 1911 on your hip in CO. I'm actually planning on buying my first gun when I get down there. Looking to get a Rem 500 or Maverick 88 for the home. Advice (from all you guys) on the best priced places would be much appreciated.

No one should give you any trouble for wearing a 1911 on your hip out here. Open carry is totally legal. As far as getting a CCW goes it isn't that hard either, and well worth it.

Gilbert is a great place to live. I have lived there twice, and hope to move back there again some day.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:39 AM   #32
BioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Hmmm.....Im ALWAYS up for Pizza.....
Thanks, too bad you're doing an install that day. LOL.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:49 AM   #33
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Could you elaborate on wearing on your hip?
as stated above, in AZ you need not have a CCW for "open carry".

I wear my piece on my right hip (holstered on my belt).

should it be convered up, for example by an untucked t-shirt or a coat, you will need a CCW.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:58 AM   #34
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordon
SilverSeven's Tacoma Gallery
I like the boneyard.. and I like watching the cardinals lose, well used to anyway.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:04 AM   #35
Ugh, bone-head move. I just noticed what I wrote before. I meant a Mossberg 500 or Maverick 88. Sorry.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:06 AM   #36
"The Dude"
El Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of lightEl Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of lightEl Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of lightEl Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of lightEl Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of light

where are you going to be working at in gilbert?? if you do move there..
Old 02-23-2009, 09:14 AM   #37
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Duderino 480 View Post
where are you going to be working at in gilbert?? if you do move there..
Details are still being worked out for a job, but it looks like I'll be working in Chandler for now. I'll see what I can find once I'm actually there. I'm always looking for opportunites if you know of something.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:25 AM   #38
The Cooler King
Dustin03 is a glorious beacon of lightDustin03 is a glorious beacon of lightDustin03 is a glorious beacon of lightDustin03 is a glorious beacon of lightDustin03 is a glorious beacon of light

Dustin03's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Dustin03
Welcome to the Valley of the Sun! You know, the thing about Arizona is that you either love it or you hate it. I AM a native to this state, as are the rest of my family back three more generations. We've almost been here as long as the Mormons!

I grew up with all these kids in high shool bitching about how much they hated this place and couldn't wait to move to California or something. I keep waiting for the exodus, but it never comes.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear another Tacoma guy is moving out to the area. See you soon!
Old 02-23-2009, 09:27 AM   #39
"The Dude"

chandler/gilbert same thing lol, you move one street light down and your in another city! my dad actually wants to move to colorado springs, all depends on where aerospace wants to send him
Old 02-23-2009, 09:28 AM   #40
"The Dude"

my ex girlfriend always bitched about not living in cali, and once she moved out here she had to work two jobs, and eventually moved back lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin03 View Post
Welcome to the Valley of the Sun! You know, the thing about Arizona is that you either love it or you hate it. I AM a native to this state, as are the rest of my family back three more generations. We've almost been here as long as the Mormons!

I grew up with all these kids in high shool bitching about how much they hated this place and couldn't wait to move to California or something. I keep waiting for the exodus, but it never comes.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear another Tacoma guy is moving out to the area. See you soon!