R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Moving to Arizona!

Old 03-06-2009, 09:39 AM   #41
BioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant futureBioMed80 has a brilliant future
BioMed80's Tacoma Gallery
Update: Okay, not that it matters to anyone, but everything fell through and I'm not moving, at least not right now. This is why I usually don't announce these kinds of things, now I just look like an ass. Thanks for all the replies, and sorry to waste everyone's time.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:40 AM   #42
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-06-2009, 09:41 AM   #43
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
ive threatened to move to AZ before...but Greysky just keeps telling me im crazy
Old 03-06-2009, 09:46 AM   #44
Do Not Try This At Home
bobf46 will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Aircraft Mechanic and C-5 Loadmaster
bobf46's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to AZ and just remember its a dry heat! I love it in Tucson!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-06-2009, 09:51 AM   #45
"The Dude"
El Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of lightEl Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of lightEl Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of lightEl Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of lightEl Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jeremy
El Duderino 480's Tacoma Gallery
fuck tucson! lol nothin but a bunch of thiefs over there
Old 03-06-2009, 10:14 AM   #46
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Duderino 480 View Post
fuck tucson! lol nothin but a bunch of thiefs over there
X2
Old 03-20-2009, 05:07 PM   #47
Hockeynut is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Honorably discharded Vet.
Hockeynut's Tacoma Gallery
I moved to Tucson from Aurora Co. 10 yrs ago. I can't think of anywhere else I'd rather be. I used to miss playing in the snow, I was even on the National Ski Patrol. Now I play in the desert. I still play hockey, Phx has a couple great ice rinks. Phoenix is a little hotter than Tucson but just like anywhere else, you get used to it. There are TONS of things to do here. You will notice right away that there is an abundance of eye candy. U of A and ASU hotties to older professional hotties, you'll get whiplash looking around.
Welcome!
Old 03-20-2009, 05:35 PM   #48
Danzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Danzer's Tacoma Gallery
Well even though you're not moving now figured I'd throw my 2 cents in. I moved from California in 94 and have never looked back. I couldn't stand So Cal anymore and I was born there. Arizona is only hot for about 5 months and the rest of the year its great. I'm a big golfer so that's a plus for me here. And Chris4x4 if you ever need anything thats related to windows and doors, just give me a call. I'll help you for you helping so many others on here.
Old 03-20-2009, 05:37 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzer View Post
And Chris4x4 if you ever need anything thats related to windows and doors, just give me a call. I'll help you for you helping so many others on here.
Well, Thank you. And if you ever need anything done to your truck, hit me up.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:01 AM   #50
©1975
aaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to behold

Name: Cap'n Crunch
aaronatl's Tacoma Gallery
Ill & AZ made yahoo news
with the traffic cams

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1238...?mod=yhoofront
Old 03-27-2009, 11:09 AM   #51
got milk ?
cereal.killah is on a distinguished road

cereal.killah's Tacoma Gallery
my cousin September, she lives in hell somewhere in that area
Old 04-08-2009, 12:28 PM   #52
kristin2116 is on a distinguished road
kristin2116's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to kristin2116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
I lived there for 5 years (Tucson, Sahuarita, and Sierra Vista)... it is awful... and hot...

You're up in Phoenix... the concrete jungle... it's hotter there..

too many illegals...

I'd seriously think twice about moving from Colorado to Arizona... that's going to be craziness...
Well thats cause you lived in the Southern part of the state... in my opinion the shittiest part of the state. Northern/Central AZ is awesome!
Old 04-08-2009, 12:41 PM   #53
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristin2116 View Post
Well thats cause you lived in the Southern part of the state... in my opinion the shittiest part of the state. Northern/Central AZ is awesome!
I do like the white mountains... that's about it...

I'm sure I would have liked it better if there was grass, it rained more, trees, and less than 115 degree temps...

of if I didn't work outside...
Old 04-08-2009, 12:43 PM   #54
JTech is a splendid one to beholdJTech is a splendid one to beholdJTech is a splendid one to beholdJTech is a splendid one to beholdJTech is a splendid one to beholdJTech is a splendid one to beholdJTech is a splendid one to behold

JTech's Tacoma Gallery
Well I grew up in Scottsdale then came to Tucson for college and have to say that the valley is much better then down here. In Tucson if you aren't on the University or wheeling in the mountains it is not worth being here, o and you better carry if you are going south of 22nd st, which is where i live.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:00 PM   #55
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTech View Post
Well I grew up in Scottsdale then came to Tucson for college and have to say that the valley is much better then down here. In Tucson if you aren't on the University or wheeling in the mountains it is not worth being here, o and you better carry if you are going south of 22nd st, which is where i live.
you should live in a better place
Old 04-08-2009, 03:21 PM   #56
Wink

Quote:
I do like the white mountains... that's about it...

I'm sure I would have liked it better if there was grass, it rained more, trees, and less than 115 degree temps...

of if I didn't work outside...
Rain is over rated. If there was more than i get here near Sedona it wouldnt be cool when it did finally rain. And we have grass and trees! Im a firefighter so i dont wanna hear any complaining about working outside in the heat. I used to until i come out to the 100+ heat to cool off after an interiror attack on a structure lol
Old 04-08-2009, 03:23 PM   #57
JTech is a splendid one to beholdJTech is a splendid one to beholdJTech is a splendid one to beholdJTech is a splendid one to beholdJTech is a splendid one to beholdJTech is a splendid one to beholdJTech is a splendid one to behold

JTech's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
you should live in a better place
In two months I will! I am moving back up to phoenix after I graduate. Although living here gives me a valid excuse to have a ccw and carry all the time.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:24 PM   #58
"The Dude"
El Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of lightEl Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of lightEl Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of lightEl Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of lightEl Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jeremy
El Duderino 480's Tacoma Gallery
i would love to live in sedona..i went there last year for a little vacation, stayed at amara resort and spa, then went on the pink jeep tour
Old 04-09-2009, 08:08 AM   #59
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Duderino 480 View Post
i would love to live in sedona..i went there last year for a little vacation, stayed at amara resort and spa, then went on the pink jeep tour
Sedona is an awesome place to visit but not a cool plce to live (not to mention the low end houses start at $1,000,000)... to many tourist ALL the time and the roadways arent up to par for the traffic yet, they are working on in tho. I got a street bike and LOVE riding up Oak Creek canyon on my days off, unless its a weekend then the road is way to busy being a 2 lane hwy and all
Old 04-12-2009, 11:11 AM   #60
crash is on a distinguished road

crash's Tacoma Gallery
I congratulate you, OP, on not having to move to the valley. I know a lot of people love it, but you couldn't pay me to live there. northern AZ on the other hand, kicks ass and I'm loving it. So much in fact that I joined these boards because my Cavalier can't keep up with everything I want to do up here in the winter and I'm sold on Tacos.