Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Arizona Trails....anyone want to show me some

Old 04-23-2013, 08:29 AM   #1
Paint pig is on a distinguished road
Paint pig's Tacoma Gallery
Arizona Trails....anyone want to show me some

Hi there,

here is the deal, i want to go out on the i17 and try some trails. I have a 4x4 off road ( no lift)

1. is not having a lift going to make a difference
2. Are there any sites with gps cords on where to go?
3. is anyone going out this weekend that would like to show me some trails. Friday works too

As background...I am pretty savvy when it comes to offroad. Grew up in the desert all my life and drove atvs but never really did anything in a 4x4 (i used to have chevy colorado POS) except in flagstaff (snow, woods,ect)

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 04-23-2013, 08:54 AM   #2
007Taco
Brian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Don't ask!
Brian007Taco's Tacoma Gallery
If you have a TRD, that will help since the trd's have a couple of inches of lift. Unless you plan on going rock crawling, not have an aftermarket lift shouldn't keep you from doing trails. Sliders might be a good investment though.

There are a ton of trails that are along the 17 between Phoenix and Flagstaff. There are several trails between Anthem and Black Canyon City. One of them takes you up to the top of Crown King.

Have fun!
Old 04-23-2013, 09:35 AM   #3
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
I have a bone stock suspension and there still plenty of places I can run with my pre-runner. Just keep your eyes on the Az thread and there will be runs coming up sooner or later.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:11 PM   #4
007Taco
Brian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Don't ask!
Brian007Taco's Tacoma Gallery
There is this campout not this coming weekend, but the following if you are into camping and want to come. We are a great group of guys and have a lot of fun. It's near Tombstone.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/ari...ml#post6715920
Old 04-23-2013, 12:24 PM   #5
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
how far north do you want to go?
Old 04-23-2013, 03:05 PM   #6
Paint pig is on a distinguished road
Paint pig's Tacoma Gallery
Im not sure, im open to suggestions. How is the crownking trail? or out at table mesa?
Old 04-23-2013, 03:09 PM   #7
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
I would be more concerned about the tires, sliders and skids will do wonders as well. Good luck!
Old 04-23-2013, 03:11 PM   #8
N7MCS
Chipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31R, HHB, 2/43 ADA Battalian, 108th ADA Brigade, XVIII Airborne Corps
Name: Chip
Chipskip's Tacoma Gallery
I just went and did a run off Table Mesa, there are some super easy and some tougher trails. Nothing that will require anything more than stock 4x4. Somewhere I have a link to all the trails in AZ, I will look for it.

Let me know if you want to go for a day run. I live in the North valley.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:11 PM   #9
Spitfire is a jewel in the roughSpitfire is a jewel in the roughSpitfire is a jewel in the rough
Navy: Surface Warfare
Spitfire's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.amazon.com/Backcountry-Ad...ntures+arizona

Check out this book at your local library. It has a shit load of trails, maps, descriptions, difficulty ratings, and GPS coords. You can do a lot of exploring without a lift and sliders.

If you want to wing it just take table mesa rd exit East and start exploring. There are no wrong turns, and that area is very scenic.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:07 PM   #11
HAZARDOUS.ADDICTS is on a distinguished road
Army: Infantry
Name: MIKE
HAZARDOUS.ADDICTS's Tacoma Gallery
I go all over az at least once a week! If you want to come out feel free to pm me on here or add yourself to HAZARDOUS ADDICTS on Facebook!
Old 04-25-2013, 03:08 PM   #12
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint pig View Post
Im not sure, im open to suggestions. How is the crownking trail? or out at table mesa?
Go hit up crown king. it's easy. Take it all the way into town and it's a neat little place. Usually, when I'm camping, I try and do it around the town. Just is a fun area. And you can access a lot harder trails from there.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:19 PM   #13
Master Navigator/Zipper Operator
Germ is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Germ's Tacoma Gallery
Not trying to thread jack but, I just moved out to the White Mountains near Show Low and am looking to meet some people. If anybody ever cruises out this way hit me up.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:23 PM   #14
Toyota Tech..when im not Fishing
blakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
blakes09's Tacoma Gallery
http://youtu.be/ydVVwatgows
Old 04-25-2013, 03:26 PM   #15
llibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
llibrm's Tacoma Gallery
Germ

I'm meeting Snowtank this weekend up outside of Show Low. No final plans set as of yet, but we will be wheeling Saturday morning.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:53 PM   #16
Master Navigator/Zipper Operator
Germ is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Germ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by llibrm View Post
Germ

I'm meeting Snowtank this weekend up outside of Show Low. No final plans set as of yet, but we will be wheeling Saturday morning.
He just pm'd me as well. I'm definitely in.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:45 PM   #17
whys the rum gone
snowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
snowtank's Tacoma Gallery
Great! One more truck is always welcomed