R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Shredded my KM2 Thursday

Old 05-03-2013, 08:46 PM   #1
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Shredded my KM2 Thursday

Minding my own bizzniz driving on th 202 loop to way out east Mesa to do a little magazine purchase about 50 miles from home.
Got there no problem 75 mph all the way, picked up the mags and hopped on the 202 loop to head home.
Felt a little squirrily at 75 but it was windy and I took off the sway bar long ago so I thought ehh normal stuff.
finally realized it was a left rear going away. Probablly 20 K miles on it.

Pulled it over and the tire was shredding it self.
Sorry no pics.

I was not to far from my tire guy so I put on the spare, glad I carry the same size and dropped off the wheel and tire off to be swapped out.
Going in tomorrow to get the new $255.00 tire BFG is getting a bit pricy.

The bad one had cuts all around the outside going from rim to tread all around the tire.
Looks like a cord failure but I ran it a bit long before I figured out it was flat.
Hopefully it was a mfg. defect but hard to tell after I ran it too long as it was going down.
We will see tomorrow
Old 05-06-2013, 09:14 AM   #2
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
That's a bummer man. Glad to hear you had good control of it at those speeds and without the sway bar. I worry about blowing out a tire on the highway with my sway bar off.

I just replaced my KM2's a couple months back and yes, BFG is pricey but I still love their product.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:18 AM   #3
Spitfire is a jewel in the roughSpitfire is a jewel in the roughSpitfire is a jewel in the rough
Navy: Surface Warfare
Spitfire's Tacoma Gallery
I am worried about mine, they have lots of rockrash, but discount won't replace them u til they fail. Glad nothing scary happened and you got it off safely!

I do have road hazard replacement when the time comes, but I wish they would look at them and just replace them.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:23 AM   #4
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
It's not hard to accidentally drive over some screws just a little too close to the sidewall...

Old 05-06-2013, 09:24 AM   #5
Spitfire is a jewel in the roughSpitfire is a jewel in the roughSpitfire is a jewel in the rough
Navy: Surface Warfare
Spitfire's Tacoma Gallery
I know I felt like telling the kid, look I'm getting new tires one way or the other. Do we really have to play the game?
Old 05-06-2013, 09:25 AM   #6
OldPhart
bldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bldegle2's Tacoma Gallery
any damage to fender well liner or fender?

when they go, damage normally follows
Old 05-06-2013, 10:08 AM   #7
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah $255.00 before tax for that rascal.
Little damage to the inner fender plastic from the cords slapping it.
Not worth replacing.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:32 AM   #8
Big things have small beginnings
staticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Commo: You can talk about us, but you can't talk without us!
staticsquelch's Tacoma Gallery
This interests me since I'm approaching the 23k mark on my KM2's. I just had them rotated and balanced (again) at Discount. They do look to be wearing fast though.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:02 PM   #9
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
I looked at it again at the tire store after they dismounted it and still could not figure out what caused it.
About 8 cuts on through the side wall from wheel to tread in a pretty even pattern? more damage in the tread outside edge wher wire belts were letting go.
All on the outside of the tire no damage to the truckside of the tire??
Old 05-06-2013, 02:10 PM   #10
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Shit happens. Not the first tire failure in recorded history. Sucks, but the alternative is never drive.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:35 PM   #11
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Shit happens. Not the first tire failure in recorded history. Sucks, but the alternative is never drive.
Indeed, I have had worse happen before, just the price of being mobile
Old 05-06-2013, 04:51 PM   #12
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OH-MAN View Post
Indeed, I have had worse happen before, just the price of being mobile
exactly. a lot of people drive around and expect their vehicles to last forever. there's a price to enjoy the luxury of a vehicle
Old 05-06-2013, 07:36 PM   #13
Morto un papa, se ne fa un'altro
motorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: EOD TEU1, MU 8, BUD/s 225, MA 9545
Name: Jason
motorsport36's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, never woulda thought I'd hear that. Glad toy and the truck are ok for the most part!
Old 05-07-2013, 08:59 AM   #14
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorsport36 View Post
Wow, never woulda thought I'd hear that. Glad toy and the truck are ok for the most part!

Yep every thing but my shorts!