R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Any Engineering jobs here in AZ

Old 08-20-2013, 12:27 PM   #21
Paint pig is on a distinguished road
Paint pig's Tacoma Gallery
I have done the contract thing and would prefer not to do it again if i can help it. I want to get in with a company where I can grow and be taught the engineering profession.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:29 PM   #22
007Taco
Brian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Don't ask!
Brian007Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I agree about the contract stuff. Most companies are doing that now a days though.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:51 PM   #23
Paint pig is on a distinguished road
Paint pig's Tacoma Gallery
someone on here has to know someone or some (person in charge of making the decision) that is looking to hire an entry level engineer, intern even...?!!?!?
Old 08-20-2013, 07:44 PM   #24
signalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Airborne Signal Soldier
Name: Robert
signalbobby's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian007Taco View Post
A friend of mine working at Intel told me over the weekend that they are on a hiring freeze. Said friend told me that Intel ONLY MADE $11 Billion last quarter or last year. Said friend also said that Intel didn't get into making Android cpu's until recently and that's hurting their business big time. He also said as well as someone else I know who use to work at Intel, that the new fab building will be sitting empty for about a year once it's finished being built before they start hiring more people to fill up that massive building.

Honeywell aerospace where they make engines and APU's for commercial and military airplanes next to Sky Harbor has pretty much all but shut down their hole entire site.
Intel screwed up big time not getting into the phone chip business where foxconn kicked their ass for one. Intel giant fab was supposed to bring cpu dev and production away from China as they were stealing trade secrets. (whats new) another reason not to put any US based or any companies with intellectual property in China or anywhere outside of the US. Anyway that fab was primarily for laptop market where that tanked. Good job intel. I wouldnt wish Intel as they got too big and complacent.

Personally there are alot of IT jobs, but there is getting to be too much supply as everyone is trying to get in rich quick. Hopefully it doesnt get too bad as I am I'm the same field as well.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:54 PM   #25
signalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Airborne Signal Soldier
Name: Robert
signalbobby's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint pig View Post
someone on here has to know someone or some (person in charge of making the decision) that is looking to hire an entry level engineer, intern even...?!!?!?
PM I can help point you in the right direction. no guarantees but my company does alot of engineering and in the aerospace arena.