R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Any Engineering jobs here in AZ

Old 05-08-2013, 01:58 PM   #1
Paint pig is on a distinguished road
Paint pig's Tacoma Gallery
Any Engineering jobs here in AZ

I am 23 with a year in the semiconductor industry under my belt (contract up pretty soon) and have a Mechanical Engineering degree from NAU

I have found its all about who you know so since its like a family on here i thought I would see if anyone knows of anything or if they could put me in contact with someone who does...

Thanks
Old 05-08-2013, 03:01 PM   #2
cytocycle is a jewel in the roughcytocycle is a jewel in the roughcytocycle is a jewel in the roughcytocycle is a jewel in the rough

Name: Chris
cytocycle's Tacoma Gallery
Get on http://www.linkedin.com/ and build your resume there too and then subscribe to follow the companies you are interested in getting a job with in the valley. They will send out job requests as announcements and their recruiters will be able to contact you. PM your email address and I'll add you to my linked in to get you some connections even though I'm in the software side of the industry.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:05 PM   #3
jdavis92 has much to be proud ofjdavis92 has much to be proud ofjdavis92 has much to be proud ofjdavis92 has much to be proud ofjdavis92 has much to be proud ofjdavis92 has much to be proud ofjdavis92 has much to be proud ofjdavis92 has much to be proud ofjdavis92 has much to be proud ofjdavis92 has much to be proud of
Navy: Radioman Petty Officer Second Class
jdavis92's Tacoma Gallery
Things are tight right now, but back up here in Flagstaff, WL Gore hires MEs quite a bit.

New positions are being vetted on a case by case basis. Couldn't hurt to apply.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:39 PM   #4
GTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GTABurnout's Tacoma Gallery
How many years experence in Mechanical Engineering?

Check Raytheon down in Tucson. We are big and doing well. Worth a shot.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:51 PM   #5
Smoove06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoove06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoove06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoove06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoove06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoove06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoove06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoove06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoove06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoove06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoove06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
Smoove06's Tacoma Gallery
Try Honeywell as well.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:08 PM   #6
Why yes, I AM a rocket scientist.
Geosh is on a distinguished road

Geosh's Tacoma Gallery
A buddy of mine works at a place that designs police simulator equipment and they are looking for a couple more MEs. Pretty cool work if you like design (and guns).

I'll ask him what the name of the place was again if you are interested.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:16 PM   #7
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Intel in Chandler, normally has a few openings. Microchip, and If you go on DICE.com you might find some stuff in a data center as well
Old 05-08-2013, 07:06 PM   #8
stvpket is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
stvpket's Tacoma Gallery
Check out TEL.com we are always hiring engineers here in the semi conductor industry
Old 05-12-2013, 12:42 PM   #9
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I have been looking everywhere. Today its all about who you know so please keep the ideas coming
Old 05-14-2013, 12:47 PM   #10
Pitchfork311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPitchfork311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPitchfork311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPitchfork311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPitchfork311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPitchfork311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPitchfork311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPitchfork311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPitchfork311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPitchfork311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPitchfork311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Trick
Pitchfork311's Tacoma Gallery
rainbird
Old 05-14-2013, 07:29 PM   #11
esbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud ofesbyota has much to be proud of

Royal Canadian Mounted Police:
Name: B-Rad
esbyota's Tacoma Gallery
There are so many different companies with "semi conductor" type facilities. Intel is well intel, good luck getting on other there but if you do you will be working mad hours and making bank.

Look into I/O data centers, on, Honeywell, WL Gore, General Dynamics, ECT. could go on forever but apply, apply and apply.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:02 PM   #12
Okay!!! Here is what I am purposing...

If someone could just get me an interview with someone at their company I would compensate him or her.

I just need an "in"

any takers?
Old 08-18-2013, 06:38 PM   #13
GTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GTABurnout's Tacoma Gallery
Are you willing to live in Alabama, or Tucson?
Old 08-18-2013, 08:39 PM   #14
One Tire Fire!
GREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
GREEKBOY12295's Tacoma Gallery
I know this is random, but where the hell have all you Az people been? Im seeing so many new posts. I like it!
Old 08-19-2013, 09:29 AM   #15
GTABurnout - Yes, for the right postion
Old 08-19-2013, 10:03 AM   #16
Pitchfork311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPitchfork311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPitchfork311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPitchfork311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPitchfork311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPitchfork311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPitchfork311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPitchfork311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPitchfork311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPitchfork311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPitchfork311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Raytheon is hiring entry level, Tucson
Old 08-19-2013, 12:52 PM   #17
007Taco
Brian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Don't ask!
Brian007Taco's Tacoma Gallery
A friend of mine working at Intel told me over the weekend that they are on a hiring freeze. Said friend told me that Intel ONLY MADE $11 Billion last quarter or last year. Said friend also said that Intel didn't get into making Android cpu's until recently and that's hurting their business big time. He also said as well as someone else I know who use to work at Intel, that the new fab building will be sitting empty for about a year once it's finished being built before they start hiring more people to fill up that massive building.

Honeywell aerospace where they make engines and APU's for commercial and military airplanes next to Sky Harbor has pretty much all but shut down their hole entire site.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:20 AM   #18

Ya, technical jobs in az are still hard to get right now. were on a fringe of another economic bubble burst, college loans is going to be the next market if jobs dont pick up. all these new graduates with student loans cant get a job.

Shoot i got 6 years industry experience, and looking to get out of my current company and cant find any positions in az.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:49 AM   #19
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
One of the things is AZ is becoming an IT state. It's huge here. That's what I do and there are so many job posted its not even funny. Engineering students are dime a dozen here. When I used to do HR I would work directly with ASU engineering school to go and hire fresh outs and there were only a few companies that would be looking for electrical or mechanical and they where the few big guys in town. Most of the time with those guys they had so many people applying that they can choose who they want and that wages are lower then they used to be. It was the same way when I was looking to developers. That being said have you tried one of the temp company places and try to get somewhere as a contractor? I looked yesterday at the few places I knew that hired people with tour background but did see anything. I know the natural gas and oil out in the four corners is hiring as that what some of my family does.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:09 PM   #20
007Taco
Brian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Don't ask!
Brian007Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Aerotek is a great company that does Temp and Contract to hire jobs. I have gotten several jobs because of them.