Notices

Searching for good offroading In Tucson

Old 05-15-2013, 07:05 PM   #1
Jchavez is on a distinguished road
Air Force: A-10 maintainer
Name: Jesse
Jchavez's Tacoma Gallery
Searching for good offroading In Tucson

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone knew good spots near Tucson for offroading. How good is Rail X?
Old 05-15-2013, 09:49 PM   #2
Nah Bitch Dragoons
JeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeepAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
JeepAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome! There's a ton of trails around Tucson. Charouleau Gap, Chimney Rock, Chiva Falls, Gunsight/Lopez Pass, Oracle Control Rd, Rice Peak, the road to the ghosttown site of Total Wreck, Waterman Mine Road... the list goes on and on. It all depends on what your idea of "offroading" is, whether it be easy trails, or crawling through rocks. I've spent the last 12 years running almost every trail around here, and if you want mh.meier and I could show you around sometime. There's a lot of interesting history around here as well
Old 05-16-2013, 11:38 AM   #3
Jchavez is on a distinguished road
Air Force: A-10 maintainer
Name: Jesse
Jchavez's Tacoma Gallery
Thanx jeepandrew. I would definitely be down to have you show me some cool places. I'm not much of a rock crawler because I'm in a prerunner. I like fast desert roads.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:48 PM   #4
gottahot1 has a spectacular aura aboutgottahot1 has a spectacular aura about
Name: T.D.
gottahot1's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know of any go-fast desert roads, especially not Rail-X. There are lots of mountain bikers (I'm one of them) and quad/motorcycle riders out there, not to mention the mine traffic on the main road.

I've never been on it but there's a road to the right (north) called Cochise Springs Rd just past the first wash at Rail-X. It might be an option for you.