R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Sunday 5-19-13 wheeling

Old 05-16-2013, 09:16 PM   #1
Your Unique, Just Like Everyone Else
TacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
TacoBran's Tacoma Gallery
Sunday 5-19-13 wheeling

Thought I'd throw this out there, Sunday a few of us are gonna go out to wheel in Florence junction. Trail(s) are still undecided. If there's any interest post up and I'll keep it updated as we figure out what we plan to run. Will for sure be something 4x4 is needed.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:56 PM   #2
Buckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MI Officer
Name: Chris
Buckoma's Tacoma Gallery
Have fun, I'll be driving to Huachuca (again)
Old 05-16-2013, 10:36 PM   #3
TacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yikes what's out there, again?
Old 05-17-2013, 10:36 AM   #4
Maibatsu Monstrosity
Jaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of light
Name: James
Jaime's Tacoma Gallery
You still planning on going out on Sunday? I'd like to run Box Canyon since the last time I went through I had a stock suspension, 265's, and no sliders or skids. Hoping for a completely different experience now
Old 05-17-2013, 11:28 AM   #5
Buckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Buckoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBran View Post
Yikes what's out there, again?
Fort Huachuca, army stuff, until the 30th. I might take an easy day/road trip while down there and check out a couple nearby spots.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:16 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime View Post
You still planning on going out on Sunday? I'd like to run Box Canyon since the last time I went through I had a stock suspension, 265's, and no sliders or skids. Hoping for a completely different experience now
Yup still plan on going. Gonna talk about it tonight on where to go. I'll throw that one on the list, been years since I've ran it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckoma View Post
Fort Huachuca, army stuff, until the 30th. I might take an easy day/road trip while down there and check out a couple nearby spots.

Sounds good!
Old 05-17-2013, 01:35 PM   #7
Maibatsu Monstrosity
Jaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of light
Name: James
Jaime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBran View Post
Yup still plan on going. Gonna talk about it tonight on where to go. I'll throw that one on the list, been years since I've ran it.
Ok cool keep me posted.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:04 PM   #8
whys the rum gone
snowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
snowtank's Tacoma Gallery
I am off that day. I might be in. Let me check with the mrs. If she would want to go
Old 05-17-2013, 06:06 PM   #9
dira1987 is a jewel in the roughdira1987 is a jewel in the roughdira1987 is a jewel in the roughdira1987 is a jewel in the rough

Name: David
dira1987's Tacoma Gallery
Running rail x trails or something different? I could be down if I'm not working ill know tonight
Old 05-18-2013, 12:38 AM   #10

We are still going, just haven't decided what just yet. Was busy replacing my catalytic converter that was stolen

I'll talk it over with the others going tomorrow and post up. I'm open to pretty much anything that requires 4x4
Old 05-18-2013, 10:03 AM   #11
KTM Rider
sdwiredog is on a distinguished road

Army: 4/29 Field Artillery-Commo
Name: Scott
sdwiredog's Tacoma Gallery
I'm am in for sure. I've never run any of the Florence Junction stuff, but is sounds really cool. Box Canyon, Coke Ovens. I don't know. I'll be playing follow the leader.
What are you thinking for a meet up time. 8 or 9 am?
Old 05-18-2013, 12:28 PM   #12
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Wouldn't this actually be Florence, not Florence Junction (just the interchange between US 60 and 79)

I'd totally go, but it'd kill me as I'm still not fully recovered
Old 05-18-2013, 12:52 PM   #13
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post
Wouldn't this actually be Florence, not Florence Junction (just the interchange between US 60 and 79)

Old 05-18-2013, 06:37 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post

Haha I see your technicality
Old 05-18-2013, 06:40 PM   #15

OK meeting at the gas station on 60 and ironwood at 8am anyone interested let me know you plan on going so we know to wait up

Thinking one of these trails ·
Montana Mountain – 4 hours

Martinez Cabin – 5 to 6 hours

Box Canyon – 1 ½ hours (offshoot of Martinez Cabin trail)

Coke Ovens – 6 to 7 hours (offshoot of Martinez Cabin trail)

Walnut Canyon – 5 to 6 hours
Old 05-18-2013, 06:42 PM   #16
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
how is box canyon 1.5hrs? lol... it takes me like 20min to run haha... :P

Seriously though guys have fun out there, wish I could go. If you guys do get stuck or something I can go out for recoveries if needed
Old 05-18-2013, 07:38 PM   #17

Ya no clue, that's what my dad had sent based off the book. Prob more like 1.5hrs for jeeps
Old 05-18-2013, 07:49 PM   #18

Buckoma's Tacoma Gallery
My advice... Montana Mountain is pretty scenic but very barely 4x4, mainly due to a couple steeper spots. A cool easy trail, but far from all the others.

Save Walnut Canyon! I'd like to do that one with you guys someday (on my short list).

You can run Box and either Coke or Martinez together easy... I'd lean Coke Ovens if you haven't done it. Martinez used to be a lot better when you could go all the way up the canyon that's now closed.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:54 PM   #19
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Montana Mountain is 1 wheel driver friendly...probably not your cup of tea.
Old 05-18-2013, 08:19 PM   #20

Thanks for the heads up guys.

I ran Martinez back when u could go all the way up was pretty cool. My dad doesn't wanna do anything to extreme since we have a moab trip coming up in June. Doesn't wanna break anything before we go and I don't blame him