R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Flagstaff area wheeling and hike; Late June

Old 05-18-2013, 09:21 PM   #1
Buckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MI Officer
Name: Chris
Buckoma's Tacoma Gallery
Flagstaff area wheeling and hike; Late June

I'm heading up to Flagstaff in late June to hike Humphreys Peak (highest point in AZ) and plan on doing some sort of wheeling. My buddy just found out he has a work trip he can't miss, so I'm probably solo vehicle although I may have a passenger.

I figured I'd throw out a WARNO in case anyone might want to link up. I have June 20-25 available and am flexible if someone wants to rendezvous. Plenty of time to work out any details.

Day1: Drive up and do some wheeling on the way up or around Flagstaff (I have a few ideas where) and camp.
Day2: Hike Humphreys (10 miles, 6 hours) and drive home.

If anyone wants to join me and wheel that first day feel free, if you want to camp too that's fine, and if you want to do the hike that is fine as well. Whatevers clever.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:24 PM   #2
Buckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MI Officer
Name: Chris
Buckoma's Tacoma Gallery
Well, I can finally scratch that one off the list. The hike was fun, awesome temps in the high 70s with some clouds and a little breeze. Explored a bit north of the peaks, mainly easy forest road type stuff, but of course found a few rocks for posers just for shits n grins. Good times

A few more pics...