R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

New stereo help need ipod jack.

Old 06-21-2013, 03:10 PM   #1
blatant is on a distinguished road
blatant's Tacoma Gallery
New stereo help need ipod jack.

Where's the best place locally to buy and or get installed? Which fits in the best? I'm tired of not having an ipod jack.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:26 PM   #2
whys the rum gone
snowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
snowtank's Tacoma Gallery
What part of az you in?
Old 07-14-2013, 04:44 AM   #3
Macaroni Connoisseur
JCVorndran is on a distinguished road
Name: Jonathan
JCVorndran's Tacoma Gallery
Do it yourself! It is very easy to do, and there are plenty of tutorials and videos to do so. No sense in paying someone to color coordinate some wires and install an ipod hookup. Go to the Audio/Video threads and look around, get comfortable and have at it!
Old 07-14-2013, 04:51 PM   #4
Enino12 is on a distinguished road

Name: Eric
Enino12's Tacoma Gallery
Buy all your equipment online its a lot cheaper!
Are you planning on keeping the stock stereo and just adding an ipod connection or an aftermarket stereo?
Old 07-14-2013, 05:23 PM   #5
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Honestly it depends what you want to do. Do you want to control it through the stock deck? If so, they're a bit pricey.

Personally I got the cheapest one I could on amazon or ebay I think... it powers the ipod, connect to the aux RCA in the back of the deck, and you control via the ipod itself. To me, it works great... and I prefer controlling it that way anyway. On the stereo would be a nightmare to navigate.

Pulling the stereo takes about 2 min...
- pop the ac controls out (just a butter knife or better yet, an interior pry tool)
- Remove the four radio bolts behind the a/c controls
- Pull the radio out
- Plug in rca (after routing however you desire... personally I did it from behind the glovebox and ran the cable near the pass seat)
- Re-install radio in reverse order.
- Enjoy a tasty beverage.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:35 PM   #6
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post

Pulling the stereo takes about 2 min...
- pop the ac controls out (just a butter knife or better yet, an interior pry tool)
- Remove the four radio bolts behind the a/c controls
- Pull the radio out
- Plug in rca (after routing however you desire... personally I did it from behind the glovebox and ran the cable near the pass seat)
- Re-install radio in reverse order.
- Enjoy a tasty beverage.
This
Old 07-22-2013, 05:26 PM   #7
DavidJRiffle is on a distinguished road
Name: David
DavidJRiffle's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a big fan of Crutchfield. They are online only and are a fantastic source of information. Even if you don't buy from them, read all their insights and consider the extras they offer. And, NO I'm not a share holder, employee, or owner. :-)