R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Tacoma shock Mechanic help

Old 07-25-2013, 05:49 AM   #1
bafogels is on a distinguished road

bafogels's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma shock Mechanic help

So lately I have noticed that my 06 Tacoma has a slight shake to it when above 50 mph. It's not a really bad shake. I'm thinking it could be the shocks because it dolphins a little so the bumps in the road might be causing the shaking. Doesn't feel as solid as normal driving around bends or again at high speeds. I have no problem with buying new shocks to upgrade but I want to make sure that is the problem before I do. I'm a poor college student and the dealer is asking to much to just look at it the stupid thing . I was wondering if there is anyone here in az that knows a lot about Tacomas or trucks in general or knows someone that could accurately diagnose this for me at a low cost. It would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Old 07-27-2013, 02:43 PM   #2
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Usually 60 mph vibrations are from tire balance.
I would do that first.
Shocks should not be causing vibration if they are bad, excessive bouncing after hitting small bumps if they are worn out.
Old 07-27-2013, 02:45 PM   #3
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
^X2. Wheel balance weights can dislodge and fall off, happened to me once. Check on a smooth road. If you still get the vibes, it's tire balance.