R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

WTB Optima Yellow Top Battery

Old 07-31-2013, 10:25 PM   #1
ocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud of
Army: Infantry
ocherp's Tacoma Gallery
WTB Optima Yellow Top Battery

Where's the best place to buy one?
Old 08-01-2013, 09:22 AM   #2
rhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vladimir
rhavin42's Tacoma Gallery
The place that gives you the best price
Old 08-01-2013, 11:29 AM   #3
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Batterys Plus usually carries them.

Optimas are not what they used to be in my opinion, since 09 when they decided to lower the quality.
Ask the Battery Plus folks about them and how many they get back.
There are some other gel batteries you may wish to consider, they can steer you to the options.
Old 08-01-2013, 12:05 PM   #4
You say tomato..........I say fuck you!
05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
05TacoRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OH-MAN View Post

Optimas are not what they used to be in my opinion, since 09 when they decided to lower the quality.
There are some other gel batteries you may wish to consider, they can steer you to the options.
X2......I prefer Odyssey batteries. Also Sears sells the Die Hard Platinum which is a re labeled Odyssey.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:56 PM   #5
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Yup.. back in the day I'd have an optima last me 5 years easy. Last yellow-top I had was dead in 6 months.. Got a new one, dead in under a year, got a new one, wouldn't hold a charge, gave up on them.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:17 PM   #6
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
I can get 4 summers out of a factory Toyota battery here in dry old Arizona. That's pretty damn good in my book.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:51 PM   #7
AZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Michael
AZHornet's Tacoma Gallery
Costco Branded Batteries are good too

I believe the maker for them is Interstate...going on my third summer with my Costco branded one. Around 80$ I believe.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:06 PM   #8
ocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud of
Army: Infantry
ocherp's Tacoma Gallery
I would try something else but the way my batteries are mounted in my cab they'd pretty much have to have the exact dimensions plus I run two and still have one good YT
Old 08-05-2013, 07:25 AM   #9
Shadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadetree is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Computer Repair STRATCOM
Name: BiLL
Shadetree's Tacoma Gallery
For a list of battery manufacturers and major distributors, please see LEAD-ACID BATTERY MANUFACTURERS AND BRAND NAMES LIST 2013 on www.batteryfaq.org. In the U.S., the top three car battery manufacturers are Johnson Controls, Exide and East Penn.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:32 AM   #10
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

That's a damned shame. Yellow top I ran for over 6 years in my Gen 1 was as strong as the day I bought it when I sold the truck. I was looking forward to putting yellow tops in my new Taco when I switched over to a dual battery setup.

Thanks for sharing, you've saved me a lot of hassle down the road. +1
Old 08-05-2013, 06:25 PM   #12
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadetree View Post
For a list of battery manufacturers and major distributors, please see LEAD-ACID BATTERY MANUFACTURERS AND BRAND NAMES LIST 2013 on www.batteryfaq.org. In the U.S., the top three car battery manufacturers are Johnson Controls, Exide and East Penn.

The company that bought the Mechanical Co. I worked for is Johnson Controls.
They make most of the batterys for cars these days.
I got a discount on the Optima and the regular ones too, they would ship them right to my door, My son's both still work there and we do not bother to get them even with the discount.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:53 PM   #13
007Taco
Brian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Don't ask!
Brian007Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass View Post
I can get 4 summers out of a factory Toyota battery here in dry old Arizona. That's pretty damn good in my book.
Prove it or it didn't happen. I can't get them to last more than 2 years and I am on number 5 with my 06 Taco and I have had my truck since 07/06 and now has 124k on it. I keep getting them for free because of the warranty.