R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

AZ- looking for someone to build me custom CV axles, tundra to tacoma coverson

Old 08-08-2013, 03:19 PM   #1
SPEEDY CRAWLER
4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: cody
4runnercaged's Tacoma Gallery
AZ- looking for someone to build me custom CV axles, tundra to tacoma coverson

Hello,

i am in need of someone who knows how to make the tundra axles work on a tacoma that has a camburg 3.5 long travel kit.

i know you need 930 boots on the inner CV with a modified inner lip (what ever that is) and the tundra shaft, with the tacoma outer CV on the tundra shaft.

i already have the axles, just looking for someone to do the swap for me.
$$$$$
thank you!
Old 08-08-2013, 03:21 PM   #2
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4runnercaged View Post
Hello,

i am in need of someone who knows how to make the tundra axles work on a tacoma that has a camburg 3.5 long travel kit.

i know you need 930 boots on the inner CV with a modified inner lip (what ever that is) and the tundra shaft, with the tacoma outer CV on the tundra shaft.

i already have the axles, just looking for someone to do the swap for me.
$$$$$
thank you!
It's pretty easy to do.

Take a look towards the middle of this article. It outlines the process:
http://www.off-road.com/trucks-4x4/p...roject669.html

And you don't have to swap out the outer unless you have manual hubs. If you have auto hubs, you can just use the tundra outers.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:27 PM   #3
SPEEDY CRAWLER
4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed
i do have manual hubs.
i have looked at the trails less traveled link 100 times but i could never figure out what the inner CV lip is, that link explains it much much better.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:29 PM   #4
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Once you take the inner boot off it's really obvious what the "lip" is.
I cut mine with a cuttoff wheel and took only a few seconds. Just cleaned up the burrs with a file afterwards.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:58 PM   #5
SPEEDY CRAWLER
Cool, thanks Jason. this has held me up for so long, cant wait!
Old 09-10-2013, 11:17 AM   #6
SPEEDY CRAWLER
for the outer CV, is it held on by a snap ring? do i just beat the cv off with a dead blow?
Old 09-10-2013, 01:39 PM   #7
SPEEDY CRAWLER
do i only need the 930 cv boots for the inners? or should i put them on the outers as well?
Old 09-10-2013, 01:56 PM   #8
The Mad Scientist

Never messed with the outers so I don't know. My truck has auto hubs.
The 930 boot is only needed on the inside. The outside already has well spaced and large amount of fins.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:05 PM   #9
SPEEDY CRAWLER
okay thanks Jason.

anyone have experience in taking off the outer cv joint from the axle shaft?