Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Stay away from G5 Coachworks in Mesa

Old 08-13-2013, 08:33 PM   #1
Lynnspeed is on a distinguished road

Name: Lynn
Lynnspeed's Tacoma Gallery
Stay away from G5 Coachworks in Mesa

Wow this shop really has no clue what to do with a Tacoma. 1st ordered wrong grill, took it apart to paint then tried to put it back together and when that failed they used double sided tape. Painted whole front bumper white, not even knowing about the black bottom grill part. Reused bumper clips, causing a saggy bumper. I had to contact Camelback Toyota to get the right grill, shop owner had no clue. Went back to get that put in and then they couldn't fix the saggy bumper had to go back to fix that and now they say the rest is a warranty issue, even tho it was that way when I picked it up That I have to rent another car while he sends the bumper back to have it checked out for defects... If anyone can help me resolve this issue as I do not want to take my Taco back there as they will screw it up more... Oh did I mentioned they used a impact wrench on my lug nuts and stripped them?? Since the bumper had rubbed the piece that hangs too low under the headlight I have to pay to paint it because I haven't given him my truck back. Oh and he refused to release the truck to me until the insurance checks cleared... Had to have my friend, who recommended this shop, to get involved.

And this guy is a part of SEMA? WOW!!!

A little video of my Taco...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Us6DOlqZUQ
Old 08-13-2013, 10:09 PM   #2
TheRedHorseman will become famous soon enough
TheRedHorseman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnspeed View Post
I can. It's just a trade show, they don't really care who shows up as long as they pay the fee to set up a booth.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:50 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedHorseman View Post
I can. It's just a trade show, they don't really care who shows up as long as they pay the fee to set up a booth.

Really - they act like it is a huge deal to be a member... That explains a lot.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:09 AM   #4
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Report the poor quality repairs to your insurance company. They would love to know about them.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:40 AM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrdSurgie View Post
Report the poor quality repairs to your insurance company. They would love to know about them.
This
Old 08-14-2013, 10:36 PM   #6
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I did but unfortunately I picked him since he came highly recommended by my friend who now doesn't want to be involved ..

They told me to go to the BBB and the News stations.. I just want my truck fixed. And refuse to take it back so that place...

He wont even release the parts invoices... He has something to hide!
Souns like it's going to be a small claims issue.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:01 PM   #7
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
That's the right grille... the mounting is the same on all '05 to '11.
If it doesn't fit, it's because they screwed something up. The grille ties into the headlight housings, lower frame behind the bumper cover, and the radiator support.

There are three different grilles... '05-'07, '08-'10, and '11
Only difference between the first two is whether the center bar part is black or a very dark gunmetal. The '11 is a single bar with mesh... but all will fit any '05-'11 truck.
Old 08-24-2013, 03:42 PM   #8
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
This is crazy. I know the owner of the shop and I've seen some amazing work come out of this shop. However those pic's look like terrible quality IMO.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:17 PM   #9
Sido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Sido's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Wow this shop really has no clue what to do with a Tacoma. 1st ordered wrong grill, took it apart to paint then tried to put it back together and when that failed they used double sided tape. Painted whole front bumper white, not even knowing about the black bottom grill part. Reused bumper clips, causing a saggy bumper. I had to contact Camelback Toyota to get the right grill, shop owner had no clue. Went back to get that put in and then they couldn't fix the saggy bumper had to go back to fix that and now they say the rest is a warranty issue, even tho it was that way when I picked it up That I have to rent another car while he sends the bumper back to have it checked out for defects... If anyone can help me resolve this issue as I do not want to take my Taco back there as they will screw it up more... Oh did I mentioned they used a impact wrench on my lug nuts and stripped them?? Since the bumper had rbbed the piece that hangs too low under the headlight I have to pay to paint it because I havent given him my truck back. Oh and he refused to release the truck to me until the insurance checks cleared... Had to have my friend, who reccomended this shop, to get involved.

A little video of my Taco...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Us6DOlqZUQ
You left out all the details and start rambling on about stripped lug nuts...what happened in the first place? Did you get in a wreck? Why did you get in a wreck? Would the insurance pay for any repair shop? Why did your friend suggest a place that works on RVs and restores classic cars? Inquiring minds want to know.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:06 PM   #10
Sido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shedSido is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Sido's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I dont' see what your questions have to do with substandard repair work. Ramble on? What reputable body shop uses double sided tape, does not have any clue what a Tacoma looks like and would use an impact wrench on aluminum lug nuts? So if you choose to take your Tacoma to your friends at G5 Be my guest! Obviously you know the shop, because not many in the business do!
I've never heard of G5 before you brought it up. If you don't believe me search all my posts I haven't been in Arizona that long. To me "coachworks" implies working on a coach i.e. an RV, and I did a 30 second search on them and found a youtube video where some guy talks about restoring classic cars. If I had a classic VW Beetle I wanted to restore I would probably take it to a place that specializes in it. If I was going to repair my Tacoma I would take it to an auto body shop with at least 4 stars and also do my own diligence beforehand.

Ok rambling was the wrong word. You start out full throttle, I just like to know the full story and the backstory. Just curious by nature, that is all, no offense intended. Anytime something like this happens there are always two sides to the story, and if your goal was to destroy their reputation I would say you have done that spectacularly. I see you have been busy leaving 1 star reviews behind all over the place quicker than a spreading syphilis outbreak in 1495 after King Charles of France swept into Naples with an army of mercenaries.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:24 AM   #11

Here is a couple more pics of his show car quality work....
Old 08-29-2013, 12:57 AM   #12
Nixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nixinus's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for your opinion. I new to the area and pretty particular about my shops/service places.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:51 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixinus View Post
Thanks for your opinion. I new to the area and pretty particular about my shops/service places.
Your welcome, glad I could save you some grief!

Thats awesome that you have that link in your signature!!
Old 08-29-2013, 09:37 AM   #14
Nixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nixinus's Tacoma Gallery
The animals rescue? Its been so long since I've TW on a non-mobil skin platform that I forgot we all sigs!
Old 08-29-2013, 08:17 PM   #15

Quote:
The animals rescue? Its been so long since I've TW on a non-mobil skin platform that I forgot we all sigs!

Yep the animal rescue I click on that site all the time! Nice touch
Old 08-29-2013, 08:51 PM   #16

Nixinus's Tacoma Gallery
Great! They could use more people like yourself. Sorry for thread diversion. Carry on!
Old 08-29-2013, 08:56 PM   #17
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
I can see your displeasure with the quality of their work but you never said what happened to your Tacoma and I had an issue with my truck and I fixed myself
Old 08-29-2013, 09:12 PM   #18

Quote:
Great! They could use more people like yourself. Sorry for thread diversion. Carry on!

Ha ha no problem, I would rather talk about something more enjoying anyway. I have a feeling I have a long journey ahead of me with this issue.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:19 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacolover55 View Post
I can see your displeasure with the quality of their work but you never said what happened to your Tacoma and I had an issue with my truck and I fixed myself
What happened to cause the need for the body work in the first place or what happened in the body shop?
Old 08-30-2013, 12:09 AM   #20
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
The body work is what I meant