R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Arizona sucks...

Old 08-17-2013, 10:51 PM   #1
tensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud of
Name: Eric
tensecondchevelle's Tacoma Gallery
Arizona sucks...

My poor Black Tacomas paint is starting to fade after too many years in the sun. My truck came from Texas and I doubt it was ever waxed before I got it....

I'm super bummed. I'm considering having my brothers friend do a black vinyl wrap on the roof and hood.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:02 PM   #2
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
sry
Old 08-17-2013, 11:04 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Black paint doesn't hold up well out here. its not the states fault....but....the Suns. The Sun sucks........or something like that.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:40 PM   #4
tensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Black paint doesn't hold up well out here. its not the states fault....but....the Suns. The Sun sucks........or something like that.
Yeah I totally hear ya that it's not the state but the Sun. Overall I love Arizona and can't picture myself anywhere else, except maybe Colorado? :-)
Old 08-17-2013, 11:48 PM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tensecondchevelle View Post
Yeah I totally hear ya that it's not the state but the Sun. Overall I love Arizona and can't picture myself anywhere else, except maybe Colorado? :-)
I picture myself in Florida
Old 08-17-2013, 11:54 PM   #6
flatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flatblack's Tacoma Gallery
AZ: sun fading paint > NY: salt rusting out entire truck
Old 08-18-2013, 12:28 AM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatblack View Post
Touché

Maybe Sedona/Prescott is the best of both worlds...
Old 08-18-2013, 06:22 PM   #8
mike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant future
Army: SFC,  19 years, 5 to go.
Name: Michael
mike92y's Tacoma Gallery
Arizona rules. I have lived in IA, PA, HI and here. This is my favorite state. Rust sucks. I wax my truck about every 3-4 months. Funny because it has allot of "Arizona pin-stripping". Sorry to hear about your paint. Lets blow up the sun so that this does not happen again. Besides its to hot here anyway.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:03 PM   #9
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My poor Black Tacomas paint is starting to fade after too many years in the sun. My truck came from Texas and I doubt it was ever waxed before I got it....

I'm super bummed. I'm considering having my brothers friend do a black vinyl wrap on the roof and hood.

Car cover....

My motorcycle is black (1998) had has always been parked outside since I got it in 2001, paint isn't faded at all. I spend about 40$ ever few years for a new bike cover to keep the paint in good shape.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:11 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
Car cover....

My motorcycle is black (1998) had has always been parked outside since I got it in 2001, paint isn't faded at all. I spend about 40$ ever few years for a new bike cover to keep the paint in good shape.
A car cover is a great idea, I just wish they weren't such a pain to take on and off considering its my daily driver ...
Old 08-19-2013, 10:22 AM   #11
adicted is on a distinguished road
adicted's Tacoma Gallery
i though my red dodge ram was fading paint, but then had my neighbor do a full detail on it and wow, it looks brand new. It wasnt the paint fading at all it was just oxidation. I thought for sure i needed a new paint job boy was i wrong
Old 08-19-2013, 10:25 AM   #12
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatblack View Post
Quote:
Touché

Maybe Sedona/Prescott is the best of both worlds...
I have never seen as much sand and salt as they use here in Upstate NY... My poor truck!

Seattle here I come!
Old 08-19-2013, 10:39 AM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by adicted View Post
i though my red dodge ram was fading paint, but then had my neighbor do a full detail on it and wow, it looks brand new. It wasnt the paint fading at all it was just oxidation. I thought for sure i needed a new paint job boy was i wrong
Do you know what he did to it?
Old 08-19-2013, 12:18 PM   #14
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
A car cover is a great idea, I just wish they weren't such a pain to take on and off considering its my daily driver ...
Yeah it is a pain but its better than paying for a new paint job.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:35 PM   #15
____livevil____
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
GTFO!!

Sorry.. just read the thread title.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:38 PM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose1988 View Post
GTFO!!

Sorry.. just read the thread title.

I should have rephrased it as "I love AZ, but HATE the sun"
Old 08-27-2013, 12:49 PM   #17
2012TXbaja is on a distinguished road
2012TXbaja's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Black truck and I am moving to AZ soon. is there a way to keep the paint from fading? I do keep it washed every week but I want to know more if I can keep the paint from deteriorating over time.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:54 PM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012TXbaja View Post
I have a Black truck and I am moving to AZ soon. is there a way to keep the paint from fading? I do keep it washed every week but I want to know more if I can keep the paint from deteriorating over time.
I'd say don't move to Arizona a then...haha Jk

If I could do it all over again i would probably get it professionally detailed (buffed out) 1-2 times a year, and wax regularly. Prior to initially noticing the paint fade on my hood, about 8 months ago, I never waxed it :-(

I would also suggest parking in the shade as much as possible!! Unfortunately my truck doesn't have the luxury of being garage kept or under a carport at work. I literally move my truck at 11:00 to get a parking spot under a tree when one of our employees clocks out for the day... I figure even light Arizona shade is better than no shade at all...
Old 08-28-2013, 12:17 AM   #19
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
You get our awesome Salt roads in the winter that eat through your rockers worse then rust in colorado.

Definitely look into vinyl wrapping or there might even be a restoration wax. Go to a professional Detailer.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:08 PM   #20
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012TXbaja View Post
Wash and wax regularly. Keep it clean. Find shade and use a car cover.