R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

2nd Annual TW glamis trip az prep

Old 09-09-2013, 10:33 AM   #21
Mas Tequila!!!
JuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Juan
JuansTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraExp View Post
If my truck is done enough I'll probably head out even tho ill be there Halloween too. IF I go I'll be trailering and probably head out Friday after 5
I wish I could afford suspention before then haha I have cosmetics but not suspention yet haha. I'm going stock
Old 09-09-2013, 10:50 AM   #23
Mas Tequila!!!
JuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
All you need for this trip is beer and more beer.
And fireball?
Old 09-09-2013, 11:12 AM   #24
Its the Journey, not the Destination
SierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cliff
SierraExp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuansTaco View Post
I wish I could afford suspention before then haha I have cosmetics but not suspention yet haha. I'm going stock
Well my truck currently has NO rear suspension so you're a step ahead of me on that one hahaha. Once its rolling I'll still have quite the checklist if im going to make it.

-Driveshaft
-Rear spring rate
-Supercharger
-Tuner
-Front Gears
-Comms
-Intercom
-Lights
-Fuel System

And I'll want to get at least 2 or 3 test trips on it before I take it to the dunes
Old 09-09-2013, 11:15 AM   #26
Mas Tequila!!!

Quote:
Well my truck currently has NO rear suspension so you're a step ahead of me on that one hahaha. Once its rolling I'll still have quite the checklist if im going to make it.

-Driveshaft
-Rear spring rate
-Supercharger
-Tuner
-Front Gears
-Comms
-Intercom
-Lights
-Fuel System

And I'll want to get at least 2 or 3 test trips on it before I take it to the dunes
Well if you trailer it more like 1 haha
Old 09-09-2013, 11:15 AM   #27
Mas Tequila!!!

Quote:
sure.
And do 2wd with lockers do good our there?
Old 09-09-2013, 11:36 AM   #28
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
And do 2wd with lockers do good our there?
in the small dunes yes but not big dunes. Make sure you use alot of skinny pedal.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:39 AM   #29
SPEEDY CRAWLER
4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: cody
4runnercaged's Tacoma Gallery
IMO the big dunes are almost easier cause you can have more momentum. in the small choppy dunes in a truck its hard cause you cant haul ass. but in the small dunes by where we are camping trucks in 2wd are fine. they are perfect for trucks.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:39 AM   #30
Mas Tequila!!!

Quote:
in the small dunes yes but not big dunes. Make sure you use alot of skinny pedal.
Ok most definatly will
Old 09-09-2013, 11:41 AM   #31
SPEEDY CRAWLER
4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed
skinny pedal and air down.

always stop with your truck pointing down or you will get stuck
dont slam on your breaks to stop. the little pile of dirt that gathers in front of your tires by doing that is enough to get you stuck if in 2wd.
momentum wins.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:41 AM   #32
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4runnercaged View Post
IMO the big dunes are almost easier cause you can have more momentum. in the small choppy dunes in a truck its hard cause you cant haul ass. but in the small dunes by where we are camping trucks in 2wd are fine. they are perfect for trucks.
very true but if the big dunes are chopped up hell you are not going any where :/.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:43 AM   #33
SPEEDY CRAWLER
yeah i wouldnt bring a 2wd into big dunes. but sometimes i drop it in 2wd just cause i can go faster in the big dunes

ahh i am so excited.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:43 AM   #34
the full Monty

Quote:
skinny pedal and air down.

always stop with your truck pointing down or you will get stuck
dont slam on your breaks to stop. the little pile of dirt that gathers in front of your tires by doing that is enough to get you stuck if in 2wd.
momentum wins.
excellent advice right here ^

Even though you brain fart and that goes all out the window.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:44 AM   #35
the full Monty

Quote:
yeah i wouldnt bring a 2wd into big dunes. but sometimes i drop it in 2wd just cause i can go faster in the big dunes

ahh i am so excited.
I am stoked too ridding season is upon us .

Old 09-09-2013, 11:48 AM   #36
Mas Tequila!!!

Quote:
I am stoked to ridding season is upon us .

I have a polaris ranger that i might bring out not sure
Old 09-09-2013, 11:49 AM   #37
the full Monty

Quote:
I have a polaris ranger that i might bring out not sure
I would so you can roll threw the bigger dunes.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:57 AM   #38
SierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Well if you trailer it more like 1 haha
huh?
Old 09-09-2013, 12:00 PM   #39
Mas Tequila!!!

Quote:
huh?
Didn't you say you where going to trailer out there?

And if I get it fixed I will
Old 09-09-2013, 12:03 PM   #40

Quote:
Didn't you say you where going to trailer out there?

And if I get it fixed I will
I'll trailer it everywhere if its going to be in the dirt, that still doesnt mean I'll be bringing an untested truck out tho. Thats just asking for a miserable weekend hahaha