R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

2nd Annual TW glamis trip az prep

Old 09-13-2013, 07:55 AM   #41
Mas Tequila!!!
JuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Juan
JuansTaco's Tacoma Gallery
bump amyone else going or thinking of going?
Old 09-13-2013, 04:38 PM   #42
FBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kaleb
FBGW01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4runnercaged View Post
IMO the big dunes are almost easier cause you can have more momentum. in the small choppy dunes in a truck its hard cause you cant haul ass.
This!!! Eric and I cruised 2wd and went through small dunes and what a nightmare it is! trying to frantically find a line u can keep ur speed but not smash ur front end into a dune! Big dunes are sweet even with 2wd, just dont keep going far out into the big dunes because if u break or get stuck, it can be a long/expensive day to get it back out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuansTaco View Post
I have a polaris ranger that i might bring out not sure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
I would so you can roll threw the bigger dunes.
Just a heads up on the polaris rangers! they dont dune very well at all! Last tw glamis meet my truck (2wd, all terrains at 20psi, mid travel) could out dune our polaris ranger all day. It may have 4wd but it lacks power and speed (tops out at 45-50mph) to get up hills and threw dunes. They are a bit top heavy and narrow stance so be careful
VVLast Tw meet when we rolled ours end over endVV

Quote:
bump amyone else going or thinking of going?
Eric and DSPAID will be going
Old 09-13-2013, 04:57 PM   #43
Mas Tequila!!!
JuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBGW01 View Post
This!!! Eric and I cruised 2wd and went through small dunes and what a nightmare it is! trying to frantically find a line u can keep ur speed but not smash ur front end into a dune! Big dunes are sweet even with 2wd, just dont keep going far out into the big dunes because if u break or get stuck, it can be a long/expensive day to get it back out.

Just a heads up on the polaris rangers! they dont dune very well at all! Last tw glamis meet my truck (2wd, all terrains at 20psi, mid travel) could out dune our polaris ranger all day. It may have 4wd but it lacks power and speed (tops out at 45-50mph) to get up hills and threw dunes. They are a bit top heavy and narrow stance so be careful
VVLast Tw meet when we rolled ours end over endVV

Eric and DSPAID will be going
what times will you be headed out?
Old 09-13-2013, 06:00 PM   #44
FBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

FBGW01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
what times will you be headed out?
ehhhh hard to say. Hoping for thursday afternoon around 3pm ishhh.. if that plan goes to shit, im down for whenever u guys decide to convoy out as long as its before 5pm friday, because i dont want to drive in friday night, rather get some day light in to set camp and dune around a little.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:02 AM   #45
BRING INFRA BACK
4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: cody
4runnercaged's Tacoma Gallery
i am leaving chandler (chandler blvd and dobson) at 2pm SHARP on friday for anyone that wants to caravan out.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:17 PM   #46

FBGW01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i am leaving chandler (chandler blvd and dobson) at 2pm SHARP on friday for anyone that wants to caravan out.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:48 PM   #47
Mas Tequila!!!

im still unsure about going.. not sure at all. how much of a budget are you guys saying?? like cost of going?
Old 09-26-2013, 07:20 AM   #48
RECTIFIED
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
I am still planning on going to this, i know Andrew (snowtank) was thinkin about it too. Went last year and it was a blast! but you all know Im not afraid to drive my truck and out of the 3 days i spent there i got stuck only once for slammin on the brakes to avoid a witches eye i agree BEER and then some more is a must and gaining dune experience in your truck 2wd or 4wd is so worth it
Old 09-26-2013, 08:47 AM   #49
BRING INFRA BACK
4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
im still unsure about going.. not sure at all. how much of a budget are you guys saying?? like cost of going?
unsure? dude this is glamis, MAN UP!!
that depends on how you want to do it. do you want ramen noodles, or steak? you can get a 12 pack of ramen for under $2.50
me personally i get 7 mpg towing my yota so it will cost me about $250 in gas just in the tow truck there and back, then another $100 in gas in my truck.
food-$100
drinks-$50
if your on a budget get a few gallons of water, a box of ramen, then your there for $10 and gas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4C0CH40S View Post
I am still planning on going to this, i know Andrew (snowtank) was thinkin about it too. Went last year and it was a blast! but you all know Im not afraid to drive my truck and out of the 3 days i spent there i got stuck only once for slammin on the brakes to avoid a witches eye i agree BEER and then some more is a must and gaining dune experience in your truck 2wd or 4wd is so worth it
Old 09-26-2013, 11:03 AM   #50
Mas Tequila!!!

Quote:
unsure? dude this is glamis, MAN UP!!
that depends on how you want to do it. do you want ramen noodles, or steak? you can get a 12 pack of ramen for under $2.50
me personally i get 7 mpg towing my yota so it will cost me about $250 in gas just in the tow truck there and back, then another $100 in gas in my truck.
food-$100
drinks-$50
if your on a budget get a few gallons of water, a box of ramen, then your there for $10 and gas.

well i know its glamis. but i am stock lol. and on a budget. its still up in the air for me. im saving for Long travel so im not sure if its in the budget .but i want to go
Old 09-26-2013, 12:48 PM   #51
BRING INFRA BACK
for what its worth, in my stock 4 banger 4wd taco i mobbed around the dunes pretty dam good.
all about that 4 lo baby.

Edit: nvm your prerunner.. would stillbe fun though
Old 10-03-2013, 11:28 AM   #52
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
Desert Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in! I need to start thinking about what all I need to buy and pack. I am taking Thursday and Friday off, so I can leave Thursday if I get my stuff together early. RTT is still on the truck, so sleeping resevations are done! I will likely head back Saturday, but who knows.... Anyone bringing a grille? Mine died this summer.
Old 10-03-2013, 03:15 PM   #53
BRING INFRA BACK
ill have a grill. ill be there fri night to sunday
Old 10-03-2013, 03:29 PM   #54
TRD
Rodrigo is on a distinguished road

Name: Rodrigo
Rodrigo's Tacoma Gallery
I definitely wanna go. I'm all stock tho. Will I be OK or what? We should all cruise there
Old 10-03-2013, 03:37 PM   #55
BRING INFRA BACK
i was ok with 4wd on my stock taco with 31inch bfg all terrains.
air down to 12-15 PSI and you should be fine.
as long as you know how to drive in sand!!
its a blast
Old 10-03-2013, 04:17 PM   #56
TRD

Rodrigo's Tacoma Gallery
This would be my first experience in sand bro
Old 10-03-2013, 04:32 PM   #57
BRING INFRA BACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo View Post
This would be my first experience in sand bro
you gotta learn somehow right?!?
DO NOT stop unless you are perfectly level or truck pointing down. ESPECIALLY WITH 2WD.
the sand is realllly soft, momentum is your friend.
if you go through the dunes, make sure you follow someone that knows how to dune. because in the dunes you can really go any direction, but you want to flow with the dunes. like rolling a marble through the dunes if that makes sense.
You will be fine, there will be tons of people there including me to help you out if something happens.

little tip-- bring 2 10ftx1ft strips of carpet. this will get you out of most places if you are stuck.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:13 PM   #58
TRD

Rodrigo's Tacoma Gallery
b

Alright man thanks can't wait to meet up and meet you guys then roll out my taco is 4x4 BTW with stock locker btw.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:26 PM   #59
Mas Tequila!!!

I hope I can go. But need new rack and pinion before than
Old 10-04-2013, 09:42 PM   #60
Mas Tequila!!!

so i ordered my rack today