R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Best tire in AZ?

Old 09-12-2013, 10:42 AM   #21
RAGEAHOLIC
mh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 12th MAR HQ BTRY TAP
Name: MAD MIKE
mh.meier's Tacoma Gallery
All of these are good. I like my KM2's despite everything people try to say about them. I have seen all of these tires perform well in the desert first hand. Just depends on your preference.

Also I have about 45,000 miles on my KM2's and they have about a quarter tread still and have worn even. Just need to take care of whatever tire you get
Old 09-12-2013, 02:31 PM   #22
AZoutdoors53 is on a distinguished road
AZoutdoors53's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome feedback guys, i appreciate it. Has anyone seen how the Goodyear MT/R performs in the sand? That's my only hesitation with that tire.
Old 09-12-2013, 02:47 PM   #23
TheRedHorseman will become famous soon enough
TheRedHorseman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraExp View Post
I dont have much first hand experience with the ATMs. Their MT is a solid tire for the price tho, very well reviewed and a few buddies have had good luck with them out here.
I have a set of ATM 265/75/R16 on my truck. They're quiet, work great offroad, drive GREAT in the rain, do pretty well in the snow, and wear like iron.

I've got just about 35K on my set and they're about halfway to the wear bars. I just wish they made them in 285/75/R16.

I used to be a huge BFG AT fan until I tried these things, they're superior in every way for my purposes.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:14 PM   #24
signalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Airborne Signal Soldier
Name: Robert
signalbobby's Tacoma Gallery
me and my boss run Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor's. Didnt chunk up on me when I went to Rice peak with the folks here, lasts quite a while. My boss has 33's on his 00 jeep and has over 100K miles on it.

Doesn't wobble/wander on highway and very capable off highway as well. Not noisy IMO comparatively.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:22 PM   #25
____livevil____
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
Another here for Toyo ATII's. Favorite tire so far. Quiet. Smooth. Aggressive sidewall for an all terrain.

Previous tires were Nitto Terra Grapplers. Also great tires. Were my favorites until i tried the Toyo's.

Prior to those I had 3 sets of BFG AT's.. always chuncked. Held onto rocks. Will never go back after having the two previous tires.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:00 PM   #26
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Quote:
Originally Posted by mh.meier View Post
All of these are good. I like my KM2's despite everything people try to say about them. I have seen all of these tires perform well in the desert first hand. Just depends on your preference.

Also I have about 45,000 miles on my KM2's and they have about a quarter tread still and have worn even. Just need to take care of whatever tire you get
Even though they chunk and such, I still like my KM2's too... but I do wanna try something different just to try....
Old 09-12-2013, 06:24 PM   #27
RAGEAHOLIC
mh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

All tires chunk if you really use them
Old 09-13-2013, 07:40 PM   #28
Maibatsu Monstrosity
Jaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of light
Name: James
Jaime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yep I've already taken some decent sized chunks out my Toyo M/T's, and I generally take it pretty easy on the trails.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:20 PM   #29
Don't mind me, I'm only slightly stupid
HamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
HamerMan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Lol my BFGs have one chunk gone. I'm replacing them in about 2k miles haha if that tells you about how my truck is treated
Old 09-14-2013, 01:48 PM   #30
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
2k miles? Even my G35 that had horrific camber, drifted nearly every corner.... went 6k.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:55 PM   #31
____livevil____
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post
2k miles? Even my G35 that had horrific camber, drifted nearly every corner.... went 6k.
I dont think he meant that's how many miles he has on them.
Old 09-15-2013, 05:24 PM   #32
RAGEAHOLIC

I would hope not. The white undersides of my sidewall are showing in some places and I have chunks missing and I am still gonna drive more than 2k with 45k on them already.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:41 PM   #33
MaverickTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverickTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverickTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverickTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverickTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverickTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverickTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverickTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverickTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverickTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverickTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nate
MaverickTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Toyos are just okay IMO....they are insanely heavy.
I like Hankook Dynapro MT's and GY MT/R personally
Old 09-17-2013, 03:48 PM   #34
HamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose1988 View Post
I dont think he meant that's how many miles he has on them.
Yup. Theres so little tread left and I finally found out how to kill the last of it off
Old 09-18-2013, 10:03 PM   #35
Javi22RE is on a distinguished road
Name: Javi
Javi22RE's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone ever try the Mickey Thompson Baja Claws? Most reviews are negative for that tire; but that's based on people who live on the east coast where its all wet swamp lands. The minimal good reviews I found where from people living in California. Pretty similar terrain here.

Anyone run them before?
Old 09-18-2013, 10:19 PM   #36
TheRedHorseman will become famous soon enough
TheRedHorseman's Tacoma Gallery
Had a couple friends with them in the past and they wore out in a hurry.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:44 PM   #37
Javi22RE is on a distinguished road
Name: Javi
Javi22RE's Tacoma Gallery
Ah that's what I've read. My bro in law has some on 15x10.5 wheels that I want with 80% tread on 3 and 40% on one. They are super noisy as well. Not sure if its worth it.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:39 PM   #38

I like the falkens that amaes got. Really agressive. Fairly cheap.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:25 AM   #39
TheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Seth
TheGloryFades's Tacoma Gallery
I've ran them on my k5 and had no complaints
Old 10-01-2013, 09:30 AM   #40
GTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GTABurnout's Tacoma Gallery
MTR's are the best looking, but I am going BFG or Toyo next time. The MTR's get feathered real easy and that makes the road driving horrible.