R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Best tire in AZ?

Old 10-01-2013, 09:08 AM   #41
RAGEAHOLIC
mh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 12th MAR HQ BTRY TAP
Name: HARRISON
mh.meier's Tacoma Gallery
If only they offered more 255/85/16's
Old 10-02-2013, 08:01 PM   #42
TRD
Rodrigo is on a distinguished road

Name: Rodrigo
Rodrigo's Tacoma Gallery
I love my Goodyear wranglers with silent armor. They last a long time and are great offroad.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:15 AM   #43
spd33 is on a distinguished road
spd33's Tacoma Gallery
I just went from BFG All Terrains to Michelin LTX AT2 and I can tell you that the diff is night and day. I picked up at least 2mpg and they are silent in comparison. I haven't been in the dirt yet but the AT2 is supposed to be a pretty worthy offroader.

I've previously run Nitto TGs and Toyo Open Country's and I would recommend them both over the BFG AT KOs. I think that tire serves a purpose but is long overdue for an update.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:23 AM   #44
JTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
JTS2014TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I went up a size from BFG AT's to the Toyo AT II's and my MPG's went up
Old 10-15-2013, 09:23 AM   #46
RAGEAHOLIC
mh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

45k+ and still running the KM2's.....
Old 10-15-2013, 10:04 AM   #47
19truckin86 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
19truckin86's Tacoma Gallery
I've got some LTX AT2's on, used to have KM2's, lasted me a good while. I drive back and forth from AZ to NM quite a bit and the KM2's were noisier than shit! beyond that they're a great tire. my AT2's are a bit quieter and more preferable for my taste.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:33 PM   #48
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
KM2's for life. Got me out of so many binds. Got 40k out of my first set. Already over 20k on my second set and they look like new. Wheel them hard and freeway drive 52 miles a day. Just rotate them every 5k and keep a good alignment and they do great. I don't even notice the noise from them (I liked it anyways) because the stereo is always up loud. A bit of a mileage killer though.. lost 1.5mpg just from switching from BFG all-terrains to KM2's.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:56 PM   #49
RAGEAHOLIC

I lost miles too but I love the tire
Old 10-21-2013, 05:42 PM   #50
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
I'm lucky to see around 30k on km2.... You guys gotta try harder
Old 10-21-2013, 05:46 PM   #51
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Hankook MT here and good experience so far
Old 10-22-2013, 10:06 AM   #52
Its the Journey, not the Destination
SierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cliff
SierraExp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post
truth
Old 10-22-2013, 10:55 AM   #53
RAGEAHOLIC

Haha, right. I average a trip every other weekend. Multiple trips to MOAB with them too. and other out of state areas. And I have white showing on the side walls of every tire where the rubber is gone and still cant stop them. I try. But I take care of them too.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:09 AM   #54
RINZLER
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
Hankook MT here and good experience so far
Hankook Dynapro RT03 MT 315/70r17. Cannot find a better deal for that size tire and not too heavy for our tacos unlike Nitto TGs or Toyo MTs. Love both for looks and strength but cannot justify the weight in em and price! Desert AZ trails in a pre runner doing 4x4 trails with somewhat ease, I can speak very high for the Hankook MTs

EDIT: Also Jake is much more accurate for the KM2s! We use em on all vehicles at work (Border Patrol), yes that alone speaks highly of them, prolly just cuz the govt gets a good price tho. Most of our KM2s barely see 20K and by then theyre destroyed
Old 10-22-2013, 01:22 PM   #55
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraExp View Post
truth
Daily driver on a budget, son. I gotta get that bitch back and forth to work across town every day and still wheel with it. No backup waiting in the shop or in the bank.

I'll kill them at 5k miles if you want to fund the replacements
Old 10-22-2013, 02:10 PM   #56
Javi22RE is on a distinguished road
Name: Javi
Javi22RE's Tacoma Gallery
Just to add my own 2 cents on the MT Baja Claws; I'm in love with this tire in our desert! Just picked them up from my brother in law yesterday and went out yesterday evening to Sycamore. They did not let me down in deep sand, in 2wd with my weak underpowered 22re toyota pickup!
Can't comment on the longevity bc they are used.
Lots of road noise compared to the KMs and KM2 I used to have.
Also, they are supposedly 33s, and with not much wear (80% tread) only measure just over 31".
Old 12-14-2013, 04:38 PM   #57
CoDawwg is on a distinguished road

CoDawwg's Tacoma Gallery
I live up in northern Arizona,,, I run BFG all terrains. Good all around tire, pavement, dirt, mud. snow, and sand. I have put 40,000 and still good tread.
Old 12-14-2013, 06:56 PM   #58
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
I really wanna try these when they come out *hopefully* next year.

Old 12-14-2013, 07:03 PM   #59
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
Falken M/T's.. nice!
Old 12-14-2013, 08:35 PM   #60
Don't mind me, I'm only slightly stupid
HamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
HamerMan's Tacoma Gallery
Ill have info on the Hankook dynapro ATMs soon enough