R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

AZ Republic Story about Me and Herping (in case anyone cares)

Old 09-21-2013, 03:00 PM   #1
bkrdave36 is a name known to allbkrdave36 is a name known to allbkrdave36 is a name known to allbkrdave36 is a name known to allbkrdave36 is a name known to allbkrdave36 is a name known to all

Name: Dave
bkrdave36's Tacoma Gallery
AZ Republic Story about Me and Herping (in case anyone cares)

In case you all were wondering what it is exactly that I do ....

http://www.azcentral.com/travel/arti...nclick_check=1
Old 09-22-2013, 01:04 AM   #2
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
I bet it is good, but my computer wouldn't open your link?
Old 09-22-2013, 01:07 AM   #3
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.azcentral.com/travel/arti...na-desert.html
Old 09-22-2013, 06:36 PM   #5
ocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud ofocherp has much to be proud of
Army: Infantry
ocherp's Tacoma Gallery
Good job man. Saw a ton last night at McDowell Park during my run
Old 09-22-2013, 07:57 PM   #6
Mas Tequila!!!
JuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Juan
JuansTaco's Tacoma Gallery
sweet man. i have actually found a multitude of california king snakes in my backyard
Old 09-22-2013, 10:19 PM   #7
Tbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
Tbird's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Dave,

Nice article and vid. I've always had a keen reptile interest. In college I bred Columbian Redtail Boas. I've kept dozens and dozens of snakes, lizards, turtles, and frogs. In college all our friends called me and my roomate's house "The Zoo". Not anymore...gave them all away...just enjoy them in THEIR habitat. Last Thursday found a Blacktail and two (mating) Banded Rock Rattlesnakes (green and brown phases). I usually see them in a gray phase. I usually come across at least one rattlesnake each time I'm in the Organ Mtns. near Las Cruces, NM. It always makes my day.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:33 PM   #8
bkrdave36 is a name known to allbkrdave36 is a name known to allbkrdave36 is a name known to allbkrdave36 is a name known to allbkrdave36 is a name known to allbkrdave36 is a name known to all

Thanks all!

ocherp - There are quite a lot of snake species out in the McDowells. Glad you were able to encounter some of them!

JuansTaco - were they small baby size Kingsnakes? Its that time of year for the babies to be seen.

Tbird - sounds like you have cool spot. I'll have to check that out the next time I'm in that area.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:36 PM   #9
Gooiegoogoo is on a distinguished road

Name: Gustavo
Gooiegoogoo's Tacoma Gallery
Since we're on a herping thread now. Not jacking but throwing some of my encounters out there, like to see what you fellas got.AZ Republic Story about Me and Herping (in case anyone cares)-imageuploadedbytapatalk1380000644.761718.jpg
By moon light, wish I had a tripod.AZ Republic Story about Me and Herping (in case anyone cares)-imageuploadedbytapatalk1380000688.546941.jpgAZ Republic Story about Me and Herping (in case anyone cares)-imageuploadedbytapatalk1380000731.791250.jpgAZ Republic Story about Me and Herping (in case anyone cares)-imageuploadedbytapatalk1380000744.090718.jpgAZ Republic Story about Me and Herping (in case anyone cares)-imageuploadedbytapatalk1380000761.561488.jpgAZ Republic Story about Me and Herping (in case anyone cares)-imageuploadedbytapatalk1380000789.625260.jpgAZ Republic Story about Me and Herping (in case anyone cares)-imageuploadedbytapatalk1380000803.326810.jpgAZ Republic Story about Me and Herping (in case anyone cares)-imageuploadedbytapatalk1380000825.044220.jpgAZ Republic Story about Me and Herping (in case anyone cares)-imageuploadedbytapatalk1380000840.678464.jpg
Not mine, my dude was lucky not to die.AZ Republic Story about Me and Herping (in case anyone cares)-imageuploadedbytapatalk1380000900.822761.jpgAZ Republic Story about Me and Herping (in case anyone cares)-imageuploadedbytapatalk1380001015.621340.jpg
Old 09-23-2013, 10:55 PM   #10
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
That's pretty BA! I grew up in Tucson and spent a lot of time out at night chasing down any assortment of wildlife. At one point I had 17 snakes, 4 tarantula's, a few scorpions a few lizards and some tortoises that we found that had been jacked up by coyotes. I had a 7' Red tail, California king's, Scarlet king's, hognose, gopher and even a Arizona coral we tried to rehabilitate after it lost a fight with an electrical fence.

I've always had a keen fascination with snakes and would love to have another one but know they are best kept outside where they belong. I do sincerely miss my Boa, she was a great snake and loved to escape and scare the piss out of me ma.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:00 PM   #11
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
I thought this thread was about something else. Good thing that video explained it immediately.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:06 PM   #12
Mas Tequila!!!
JuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Juan
JuansTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrdave36 View Post
Thanks all!

JuansTaco - were they small baby size Kingsnakes? Its that time of year for the babies to be seen.
no ive cought multiple. it was a while back but there was a 4 ft one. we kept a couple of them
Old 09-24-2013, 04:33 PM   #13
b4iceman is one of the sharper tools in the shedb4iceman is one of the sharper tools in the shedb4iceman is one of the sharper tools in the shedb4iceman is one of the sharper tools in the shedb4iceman is one of the sharper tools in the shedb4iceman is one of the sharper tools in the shedb4iceman is one of the sharper tools in the shedb4iceman is one of the sharper tools in the shedb4iceman is one of the sharper tools in the shedb4iceman is one of the sharper tools in the shedb4iceman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
b4iceman's Tacoma Gallery
Very interesting and cool. Thanks for sharing!
Old 09-24-2013, 06:27 PM   #14
Maibatsu Monstrosity
Jaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of light
Name: James
Jaime's Tacoma Gallery
Very cool Dave - I kept waiting for them to mention your Tacoma in the article haha

How did you get hooked up with the AZ republic?
Old 09-24-2013, 07:56 PM   #15
ASUAviator is one of the sharper tools in the shedASUAviator is one of the sharper tools in the shedASUAviator is one of the sharper tools in the shedASUAviator is one of the sharper tools in the shedASUAviator is one of the sharper tools in the shedASUAviator is one of the sharper tools in the shedASUAviator is one of the sharper tools in the shedASUAviator is one of the sharper tools in the shedASUAviator is one of the sharper tools in the shedASUAviator is one of the sharper tools in the shedASUAviator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ASUAviator's Tacoma Gallery
I saw your article in the paper this weekend. Vury nice. I go out herping a couple times a summer. Its like deep sea fishing, you never know what youre gonna catch.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:39 PM   #16

Thanks guys! Great photos Gustavo!
Jaime - The AZ Republic got a hold of me via Facebook ... one of their summer interns (Zack St George) needed to do a human interest story that was a bit more positive after spending a couple of weeks in Yarnell after the fire. So after surfung the net he came across me and asked what I was about and the rest is what you see in the article. Zack hooked me up with another summer intern who was a photographer (Aaron Lavinsky) and Aaron did all the photography and shot the video.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:43 PM   #17
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
You have a very interesting job. Seems like a lot of fun.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:27 AM   #19
Gooiegoogoo is on a distinguished road

Name: Gustavo
Gooiegoogoo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrdave36 View Post
My job is a truck driver for FedEx Freight. I do this for fun!
when are you going out again?
Old 09-28-2013, 02:19 PM   #20
zonataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedzonataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedzonataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedzonataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedzonataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedzonataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedzonataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedzonataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedzonataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedzonataco is one of the sharper tools in the shedzonataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
zonataco's Tacoma Gallery
Saw the article Dave, good stuff. I also read the posts on the Filed Herp Forum occasionally too, though I'm not a member.
From last weekend,