R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

November AZ Wheeling/Camping Trip

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-26-2013, 08:38 AM   #1
RINZLER
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
November AZ Wheeling/Camping Trip

Nicer, cooler weather is upon us ladies and gentleman! Last 2 years in a row Ive somewhat hosted and/or organized a camping/wheeling trip to Mt Lemmon and had pretty good turnouts! Lets get it started up again!

UPDATE
Camping Friday November 1st, and Saturday the 2nd
Chiva Falls off Reddington Pass Rd.
The camp is accessible through the PreRunner friendly back entrance or through 3 Feathers. Should hopefully be a small amount of running water in the area with plenty of trails and hiking. Bring your toys cuz there are places to shoot. Some including myself will be camping Friday night as well as Saturday. No fees for camping, just bring beer, food, some cold weather gear, more beer, and a good attitude cuz this will be yet another awesome AZ trip!

Attending:
T4C0CH40S (Stefen & Nikki)
mbmack1 (Matt & Karissa)
Infra (Jason + blow up doll)
Delmarva (Mike aka TX VIP)
snowtank (Andrew + blow up doll)
Mrs.Snowtank (Whitney)
Germ (Jeremy & Nori)
Flynn Diesel (Name?)
mh.meier (Mike & Jackie)
JeepAndrew (Andrew & Kyla)
signalbobby (Robert & son)
Nic914AZ (Nic & Julie)
JTS2013TACO (Jamie)
nofords08 (Patrick and Sam)
Brian007taco (Brian + returned blow up doll)
neslerrah (Harrelsen)
adunkoma (Andrew and Meg)
RYN0TA (Stefen's Lil Bro Ryan & his GF)

*Maybes
Troco (Dan)
amad4x4 (Ashley)
cr250Jumper (JD)

MEET @ CIRCLE K 10 AM
11271 E Tanque Verde Rd Tucson, AZ 85749

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infra View Post
Camping location will be in the wash on the Chiva Falls Trail

* Mike I did not get GPS coordinates, we broke my GPS on the epic trip *

I ran the Chiva Falls trail today (10/23) in and out the back way in 2wd, it is definitely 2wd/Prerunner friendly. There is absolutely no water in the wash, but there is water about 1 mile North in the wash at 3 pools/Turtle pools - whatever you know them as, so you have the option of going swimming should you chose to do so. Other than the sandy wash bottom, there really isn't much of an option on places to pitch camp.

There are 2 ways in:
1) 3 Feathers - start of trail is about half a mile past mile marker 6 off to the right side of the road. Other than Stefen, definitely 4wd only!

2) Back way in - Just past mile marker 11 off to the right side of the road is the turn out to the trail. It is marked trail #4417. There are a few side trails that go off the main trail, but stay on the main trail until 2.7 miles in at a Y go left and the trail # changes to trail #4426. At 3.0 miles in - because racetruck! At 3.1 miles in go left on the trail and take the easy gate just to the left of the cattle guard. At 3.2 miles in go right which will drop you into the wash. I did not pick a specific camping area so when you reach the wash go left and just drive up and down the wash till you find a shitload of bad ass Tacoma's!

Pro's: Elevation is around 5500ft, I believe
There is plenty of wood around for our bonfires
There are some large tree's for shade
We can shoot in the area
Trails near by for wheeling/hiking
Not easily accessible so there shouldn't be a shitload of traffic coming through
It's out there so we can get as crazy loud, fucked up drunk, and be as idiotic as we want
Should be low 70's during the day, a little chilly at night

Con's: Have to camp in the wash, but I highly doubt there is any chance of rain in the area and it's completely dry.
If you forget something, it will take you an hour to get out the back way and to a Circle K or Safeway

Directions for Phoenix Crew coming from I-10
Get off I-10 on the Grant rd exit and go left (East) down Grant road for approx 8 - 10 miles until you hit Tanque Verde road where you will again turn left (East) onto Tanque Verde road. You will follow Tanque Verde road another 8 - 10 miles until it runs right into Reddington road where it will then turn into a dirt road and start winding up the mountain. Follow Reddington road approx 11 miles (For backway) to the turn off to the TH for trail #4417
Old 09-26-2013, 08:53 AM   #2
JTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
JTS2014TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-26-2013, 09:42 AM   #3
whys the rum gone
snowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
snowtank's Tacoma Gallery
So there is already one in the works. Its november 1-3rd. Been talk about either redington pass or mt lemon. For our brother matts birthday bash. (Mbmack1) he also should have his bumpers by then to do the field install.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:15 AM   #4
RAGEAHOLIC
mh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 12th MAR HQ BTRY TAP
Name: MAD MIKE
mh.meier's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah Chimney rock is a trail or Area I have always wanted to do but have missed. But I am down for anything, you know me.

Dont need to have a good place to pitch a tent either anymore......
Old 09-26-2013, 12:36 PM   #5
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Glamis!!!
Old 09-26-2013, 12:46 PM   #6
whys the rum gone
snowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Oh i see jd is back floating around! How was burning man? Haha
Old 09-26-2013, 12:49 PM   #7
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I didnt actually go to burning man, I just have to go help with work and get all the people going to burning man out of our parking lot lol. But it was madness as usual and I scored two 1.75's of Jack and a 1.75 of Skyy unopened
Old 09-26-2013, 12:55 PM   #8
Scarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Scarlett4x4's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd
Old 09-26-2013, 01:01 PM   #9
whys the rum gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
I didnt actually go to burning man, I just have to go help with work and get all the people going to burning man out of our parking lot lol. But it was madness as usual and I scored two 1.75's of Jack and a 1.75 of Skyy unopened
Nice! And liar. I know you were running around naked with big wings on your arms and body painted!
I have the same outfit we can dress like that for this camping trip.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:43 PM   #10
Scarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedScarlett4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Scarlett4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtank View Post
Nice! And liar. I know you were running around naked with big wings on your arms and body painted!
KY
Old 09-26-2013, 01:50 PM   #11
whys the rum gone

That alone will get lots of people out for this trip!
Old 09-26-2013, 02:23 PM   #13
RAGEAHOLIC
mh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

This will probably not be a family event, just up to those that haven't come down for our events in the Dirty T. Drinking, profanity and stripper pole mods do not mix with children most of the time.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:24 PM   #14
whys the rum gone

And dont forget about firearms and staying up till 2am shooting them.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:45 PM   #15
Señor member

Quote:
Haha I am actually thinking about going next year
Old 09-26-2013, 06:10 PM   #16
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Hrmmm... subbing. Depends on work/if truck works/ect...
Old 09-26-2013, 06:32 PM   #17
Young Padawan
Jonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonesn13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS: Was EMT Cert. for 2 years in CO.
Name: Spencer
Jonesn13's Tacoma Gallery
Depending on the weekend, i can most likely go.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:13 PM   #18
RAGEAHOLIC

Quote:
And dont forget about firearms and staying up till 2am shooting them.
Yes this is also important
Old 09-26-2013, 08:14 PM   #19
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesn13 View Post
Depending on the weekend, i can most likely go.
x2
Old 09-26-2013, 08:24 PM   #20
RAGEAHOLIC

I dunno pat, I think I have heard you say that a couple times....

Products Discussed in this Thread