R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Looking for good reliable mechanic in Arizona

Old 10-13-2013, 05:54 PM   #1
LB99TRD is on a distinguished road
LB99TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for good reliable mechanic in Arizona

i have a 99 Toyota Tacoma and am looking into replacing the engine. Can any one recommend someone. I live in Chandler, AZ.

Thanks.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:05 PM   #2
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
couple ways of looking at it.

backyard mechanics qualifications include having a backyard and a cresent wrench. im sure some are awesome. but at the end of a big project like this, you want zero headache. so avoid the buddy, and take it to a pro. the dealership will rape you. a brake/do it all shop will leave you disapointed.

so pay the pros.

Toyoworks.
http://www.toyoworks.com/

ive taken mine there for the timing belt/waterpump/crank seal. ~6hr job for the pros. paid 500 with parts. totally worth it to the noob. now a year and some later i could totally of done it myself.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:20 PM   #3
TRD
Rodrigo is on a distinguished road

Name: Rodrigo
Rodrigo's Tacoma Gallery
What's a mechanic? Take it to a Technician. Not a mechanic.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:10 AM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
All town auto is good.
They are in Tempe
Old 10-14-2013, 08:44 AM   #5
____livevil____
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure if these guys can do something as big as an engine swap... but.. I see them everyday as they are right across the stress from my complex. Always a modded 1st gen out front. The specialize in Toyota.

http://www.azautodoctor.com/
Old 10-14-2013, 11:51 AM   #6
Its the Journey, not the Destination
SierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sierra Expeditions
SierraExp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
All town auto is good.
They are in Tempe
Second this, fantastic shop run by great people. 2 doors down from us, they work on all our vehicles here at the shop for general maintenance.