Notices

Plastic Parts_Interior

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-21-2013, 07:13 PM   #1
acro is on a distinguished road
Name: Curtis
acro's Tacoma Gallery
Plastic Parts_Interior

I'm usually trolling the wheels and tires posts but I think I'm done with that. Thanks for the help Guys!!!

I wonder if anyone can tell me the secrets about removing interior plastic parts without damage. First try will be the console gearshift cover on 2010 Tacoma. It's black. I'd like to try to lighten it up with some prep and paint.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:10 AM   #2
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Really just take your time and go slow.. If it doesn't come apart right away take a second look at it..

But plan on breaking clips at some point in time if you remove dash parts.

Good luck.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:12 AM   #3
Its the Journey, not the Destination
SierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cliff
SierraExp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
Really just take your time and go slow.. If it doesn't come apart right away take a second look at it..

But plan on breaking clips at some point in time if you remove dash parts.

Good luck.

Plan on breaking clips period, you can buy replacements for $.10 most of the time. I stripped out my entire interior including the carpet and headliner and only broke 8 of them. Good Luck!
Old 12-03-2013, 08:46 PM   #4
HandOfGod is on a distinguished road
HandOfGod's Tacoma Gallery
A trim set like this might help.

http://www.harborfreight.com/5-piece...set-99739.html
Old 12-04-2013, 09:50 AM   #5
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandOfGod View Post
This helps a lot!

Products Discussed in this Thread