R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Light wheeling while Qualin'

Old 10-27-2013, 03:53 PM   #1
Buckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MI Officer
Name: Chris
Buckoma's Tacoma Gallery

"Explored" a couple areas between Arlington and Tonopah, working agri fields adjacent to desert.

Hunted near this thing:

A good amount of quail but they were RUNNERS, hard to get shots off. Hassayampa River:

Nailed 6, lost 1... only hunted a couple hours.

Ran 4-hi on the dirt, engaged 4-lo twice to crawl some serious wash-outs. My heat shield above the cat is still vibrating
Old 10-27-2013, 05:26 PM   #2
Brodie3az is on a distinguished road
Brodie3az's Tacoma Gallery
What a nice way to spend a Sunday!
Old 10-27-2013, 06:56 PM   #3
Buckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Buckoma's Tacoma Gallery
Hah, left my house at 7am and was back before 10. Efficient
Old 10-27-2013, 10:14 PM   #4
Zor is on a distinguished road
Navy: MM1(SS)
Zor's Tacoma Gallery
Did better than I did Saturday. Hunted 7-11 and only got 2 shots off and no birds. My partner got a cottontail and that was it.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:17 PM   #5

Buckoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zor View Post
Did better than I did Saturday. Hunted 7-11 and only got 2 shots off and no birds. My partner got a cottontail and that was it.
I'm going to do a 1 nighter west of town in a few weeks, just to get out and rough-it camp a night and chase quail... and of course do a little 4x4 in some new areas. I used to do overnighters down south of Tucson to blast quail, rabbit, and dove. I kinda miss those. This next trip will be kind of like a homage trip to those days, although a bit closer to town. I'm hoping to return with at least 20 quail. Should be fun.
Old 12-20-2013, 07:52 PM   #6

Buckoma's Tacoma Gallery
Did the 1 nighter west of Phx last month... the qualing turned out to be pretty sketchy but the trip was worth it to witness comedy like this:

Yes, we are nerds...

Lights out

The hunting grounds:

EDIT: didn't get any trail pics
Old 01-22-2014, 08:46 PM   #7
Banned
Capt FLuffy is on a distinguished road
Royal Canadian Mounted Police: War of 1869
Name: Kyle
Capt FLuffy's Tacoma Gallery
Wow dude what did do with those quail? Pluck them gut them then eat the skin? Those little fuckers never stood a chance against your bird shot. And so what you expect me to believe you ate them full of bird shot...?
Old 01-22-2014, 08:50 PM   #8
Taco Dude is a glorious beacon of lightTaco Dude is a glorious beacon of lightTaco Dude is a glorious beacon of lightTaco Dude is a glorious beacon of lightTaco Dude is a glorious beacon of light
Army: 3/75, 2/508, 3/504
Taco Dude's Tacoma Gallery
Dead quail sound good to me!
Old 01-23-2014, 12:18 PM   #9
4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Dane
4x4Taco09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt FLuffy View Post
Wow dude what did do with those quail? Pluck them gut them then eat the skin? Those little fuckers never stood a chance against your bird shot. And so what you expect me to believe you ate them full of bird shot...?
Not quite sure if serious or not?

Looks like a blast to me. Ill have to buy an out of state license and go the next time the season is open. Back in Louisiana theres not many quail to hunt
Old 01-23-2014, 02:29 PM   #10
SPEEDY CRAWLER
4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: cody
4runnercaged's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
kind of confused as to where your trying to go with this ^^....
Old 01-23-2014, 02:34 PM   #11
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4runnercaged View Post
kind of confused as to where your trying to go with this ^^....
Troll revives thread to talk shit. Nothing to see here, carry on.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:19 PM   #12

Buckoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Old 01-23-2014, 05:47 PM   #13
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
We used to eat quail all the time after shooting it.. All the time it was take a bite, spit out a bb, take a bite, spit out a bb. I thought it was cool when I was a little kid. We'd get a metal bucket so you would hear the 'ting' noise when you spit the bb.

Someone should make a seasoned bird shot. As it goes into the muscle it starts releasing seasoning and marinates until you cook it.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:38 AM   #14
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by la0d0g View Post
Troll revives thread to talk shit. Nothing to see here, carry on.
Yah who the fuck does he think he is? That fucking troll!
Old 01-24-2014, 01:08 PM   #15
SPEEDY CRAWLER
4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: cody
4runnercaged's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yah who the fuck does he think he is? That fucking troll!
good question.

so what do you do with your birds? feed them to the coyotes?
Old 01-25-2014, 10:52 PM   #16
Banned
I don't hunt birds, well you can't really consider the quail a bird it can't fucking fly! The only things worth hunting are bear's lion's and tigers ohh my. And don't forget the human being omg they are the most fun to hunt!
Old 01-25-2014, 11:34 PM   #18
Banned
Quails can fly but they are usually seen on the ground. They are stout birds with sturdy legs and curved bills and their feathers are usually brown, speckled with white, black, or chestnut. Quails belong to the gallinaceous order. Gallinaceous birds tend to be sort of plump ground-feeders and, for the most part, are poor fliers.

hey Peter you can hold your breath yes? so that means you can swim swim under water like a fish yes?

ohh Canada sucks as well
Old 01-25-2014, 11:43 PM   #19
wbyrd01 has much to be proud ofwbyrd01 has much to be proud ofwbyrd01 has much to be proud ofwbyrd01 has much to be proud ofwbyrd01 has much to be proud ofwbyrd01 has much to be proud ofwbyrd01 has much to be proud ofwbyrd01 has much to be proud ofwbyrd01 has much to be proud ofwbyrd01 has much to be proud of
Army: 1/75 RGR
wbyrd01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You obviously know nothing about quail hunting. Why don't you go play in traffic douche bag.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:45 PM   #20
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery

Quote:
Quails can fly but they are usually seen on the ground. They are stout birds with sturdy legs and curved bills and their feathers are usually brown, speckled with white, black, or chestnut. Quails belong to the gallinaceous order. Gallinaceous birds tend to be sort of plump ground-feeders and, for the most part, are poor fliers.

hey Peter you can hold your breath yes? so that means you can swim swim under water like a fish yes?

ohh Canada sucks as well

I know what a Quail is and that they can fly , thanks for the Wikipedia copy / paste though

Hey you're a dick , who could have seen that one coming