1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Back way to Crown King.. almost

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by Dunkoma, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Nov 12, 2013 at 12:52 PM
    Seabass

Seabass Give it to me. I'll break it for you

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    '06 Sport 4x4
    Just a bunch of old crap
    This trail isn't as bad as everyone thinks. It has a history of "stories" and there did used to be a big rock "stair" right near the end but it was removed a couple years ago (to my disappointment because I wanted to conquer it sans-winch). Unless something else fell onto the trail, it's very doable. I recommend a lift and some sort of off-road tires for this, plus 4x4 makes it better for the group because nobody wants to stop a bunch of times to pull a 2wd out of a small rut.

I haven't personally seen this trail this entire year, but I got a recent recap from some jeeps when I was up in CK and they said the trail was still in great shape. That was back in the summer though.

Cold camping up there right now. Expect lows in the 20's already, but it's dry and no snow yet. I wouldn't feel too cozy taking this trail after a snow or a significant rain. The soil would get really sticky and you'd be sliding around quite a bit, and on some of the steep hairpin turns going up the mountain, there would be issues.

2. Nov 12, 2013 at 1:00 PM
    Dunkoma

Dunkoma [OP] <3

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4
    Custom Avid Sliders, AFE Intake, Painted Magnaflow Exhaust, Debadge/Plastidip badges, Icon Extended Travel C/O + 2" Rear Shocks, Icon AAL, Sway Bar Delete, Bar caddy console organizer

Products Discussed in

To Top