R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Underdog777's Bachelor Party Extravaganza!

Old 11-26-2013, 10:23 AM   #21
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog777 View Post
That depends on the location. It's a whole weekend so count the drive out to the site, set up, exploring, going back, party activities, waking up, maybe exploring again, packing up, and going home. Suggest a location and we'll all toss it around.

That's about what I've been doing. I told her give me a time, place, and a date, and I'll show up in a pinstripe tux. The most I've done was talk her out of her original idea because I won't cough up over 20K for just one day. I got mods and shit to do.
You could try what I did.

We had a 'mock' wedding at our house.. Went through the motions of a wedding but wasn't legally married. All our friends/family showed up. Total cost- $1,400

The next day we jumped on a plane and went to Jamaica, spent 7 days there all inclusive and ended up getting married on the beach, just her and I, barefoot wearing all black. Had 24 hour butler service, private villa with private pool/spa, all you can eat/drink, etc. Was very nice. - Total cost $4,700 (now that same package is under 3k which includes air fare)
Old 11-26-2013, 10:31 AM   #22
Xbox GT: Yodaman8806
Underdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Ground Support Shop Foreman/HAZMAT NCO, 1916 SPT BTN, 699th Maintenance Co.
Name: Matt
Underdog777's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
You could try what I did.

We had a 'mock' wedding at our house.. Went through the motions of a wedding but wasn't legally married. All our friends/family showed up. Total cost- $1,400

The next day we jumped on a plane and went to Jamaica, spent 7 days there all inclusive and ended up getting married on the beach, just her and I, barefoot wearing all black. Had 24 hour butler service, private villa with private pool/spa, all you can eat/drink, etc. Was very nice. - Total cost $4,700 (now that same package is under 3k which includes air fare)
Solid idea. Only problem is, that when I met her, I didn't know she already had a grand master plan for our wedding. The Monday following our engagement, she already had the venue booked, photographer, DJ, and all that crap. Luckily the venue is all inclusive so all the details are done.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:33 AM   #23
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
And to think I almost traded in my truck for the same car you have...but black Came soooo close.

Luckily a buddy of mine (huge flamer) has some lesbian friends that are strippers and have offered their services at a discount in exchange for libations.
i needed a short break from wheeling..i was getting to deep on a dd.. and i kinda wanted a new project when my xj was done
Old 11-26-2013, 10:41 AM   #24
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Solid idea. Only problem is, that when I met her, I didn't know she already had a grand master plan for our wedding. The Monday following our engagement, she already had the venue booked, photographer, DJ, and all that crap. Luckily the venue is all inclusive so all the details are done.
You're boned.

Good luck!
Old 11-26-2013, 10:44 AM   #25
Don't mind me, I'm only slightly stupid
HamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
HamerMan's Tacoma Gallery
If I go... Does that mean I have to leave when the strippers show up?
Old 11-26-2013, 11:13 AM   #26
Underdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Ground Support Shop Foreman/HAZMAT NCO, 1916 SPT BTN, 699th Maintenance Co.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
You're boned.

Good luck!
Haha thanks man. We've already paid for 90% of it. Just have to wait at this point. This might sound too good to be true, but she listens to reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamerMan View Post
If I go... Does that mean I have to leave when the strippers show up?
Old 11-26-2013, 11:14 AM   #27
HamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Haha thanks man. We've already paid for 90% of it. Just have to wait at this point. This might sound too good to be true, but she listens to reason.

What did I say
Old 11-26-2013, 11:21 AM   #28

Just enough to be quote worthy.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:23 AM   #29

Quote:
Just enough to be quote worthy.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:41 AM   #30

Ok. Back on topic. So I am thinking 4 Peaks for this one. There's plenty of open areas that are safe to set up camp, and plenty of spots to get some wheeling in.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:43 AM   #31

And 2wd safe?
Old 11-26-2013, 11:45 AM   #32

Last time I went up there my Taco was stock on street tires. There will be some spots where you'll white knuckle but you'll make it. Do you have an E-Locker?
Old 11-26-2013, 11:45 AM   #33
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
While I am very straight forward when it comes to general relationship stuff and say everything should be 100% even for both parties, I will say this:

When it comes to the wedding itself, the bride should get whatever she want's within reason. She should be the center of attention of EVERYTHING. Anything that takes away from that can upset her, and an upset bride will then let every tiny thing get her upset. And that is understandable. Make sure that your "party" does not directly interfere with the wedding, but also sit down and talk with her. Let he know that on the wedding day you will force the universe to stop, and revolve around her. That on the wedding day, she will be the center of everything in the known universe. That being said, you would like one day, a week before the wedding, for you and your friends to go out and celebrate you getting married. Don't mention the words "bachelor party" because that just gets them thinking the worst. Just tell her that it is you and a bunch of your guy friends going out to celebrate that you will soon be married to the perfect woman for you. Once she sees that you are 100% supporting her on her wedding day, she will be more comfortable with you having ONE day, the weekend before to relax and have a good time. Remember, don't let her think you are having a "My single days are over" party, but rather a "Celebrating getting married" party!
Old 11-26-2013, 11:52 AM   #34

Quote:
Last time I went up there my Taco was stock on street tires. There will be some spots where you'll white knuckle but you'll make it. Do you have an E-Locker?
Yessir I do
Old 11-26-2013, 11:54 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
While I am very straight forward when it comes to general relationship stuff and say everything should be 100% even for both parties, I will say this:

When it comes to the wedding itself, the bride should get whatever she want's within reason. She should be the center of attention of EVERYTHING. Anything that takes away from that can upset her, and an upset bride will then let every tiny thing get her upset. And that is understandable. Make sure that your "party" does not directly interfere with the wedding, but also sit down and talk with her. Let he know that on the wedding day you will force the universe to stop, and revolve around her. That on the wedding day, she will be the center of everything in the known universe. That being said, you would like one day, a week before the wedding, for you and your friends to go out and celebrate you getting married. Don't mention the words "bachelor party" because that just gets them thinking the worst. Just tell her that it is you and a bunch of your guy friends going out to celebrate that you will soon be married to the perfect woman for you. Once she sees that you are 100% supporting her on her wedding day, she will be more comfortable with you having ONE day, the weekend before to relax and have a good time. Remember, don't let her think you are having a "My single days are over" party, but rather a "Celebrating getting married" party!
Good advice. That's pretty much what I learned after hearing what my brother went through for his wedding. My fiance has high expectations but we've talked about things going wrong. We've discussed the bachelor party thing and she kind of threw it out there about going out to the desert for camping. That turned into me deciding to do it this way. She's more worried about something on my rig breaking, then me doing something stupid on "my last night single".
Old 11-26-2013, 11:55 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamerMan View Post
Yessir I do
If this is the agreed location, then you'll be fine.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:57 AM   #37
JTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTS2014TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
JTS2014TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Tow straps are always a good idea haha
Old 11-26-2013, 11:59 AM   #38

Well if 4peaks is agreed I'm in
Old 11-26-2013, 02:28 PM   #39
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Some girls don't care about bachelor parties. My wife went with me to my bachelor party and that was the best idea ever.. Strippers will do a hell of a lot more when your woman is around for some reason. The shit I pulled on my bachelor party with my wife, legendary.

Plus I didn't have to come home and lie about what I did.
Old 11-26-2013, 03:11 PM   #40

Colby are you going?