R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Dealership Oil Change Fail: What should I do?

Old 01-02-2014, 02:18 PM   #21
<3
Dunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
Dunkoma's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the attention to detail looking through this post Rich haha - Ya I'll just make sure they're aware, and I guess have them double check the belt.

Although nothing fancy, they do clean the truck when I take it in too so there is a tiny additional benefit of bringing it in
Old 01-02-2014, 02:22 PM   #22
<3
Dunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dunkoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardbui23 View Post
i had my cb (that i just bought from frys electronics still in the box and bag) and a bottle of cologne. bought tires during the buy 3 get one free deal and it took them 6 hours to mount and balance 4 tires. went to install the cb about a week and a half later and realized my shit was missing. (i basically live out of my truck) and so i went back to the dealership to report it and what i got back was "why didn't you notice it was gone right away? we can't do anything for you now." Gave them a big F U and haven't used the service department since. the one time i dont use discount tire i get fucked.
Wowww
Old 01-02-2014, 02:39 PM   #23
05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
05Aztacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Reminded me of this http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...wo-toyota.html

check your alternator.
Old 01-02-2014, 02:43 PM   #24
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colby
Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
This exact same thing happened to me at Big Two.

Bitch, get a full detail inside and out and make them replace any parts that are damaged. I had them replace the belt and alternator on mine after this.
Old 01-02-2014, 02:44 PM   #25
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colby
Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Aztacoma View Post
Reminded me of this http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...wo-toyota.html

check your alternator.
Lol, maybe I should read through the entire thread before I post
Old 01-02-2014, 03:09 PM   #26
<3

Dunkoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
Lmao - ya looks like pretty much the exact same scenario
Old 01-02-2014, 03:19 PM   #27
Lone Star Club
whahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jimbob
whahahajr's Tacoma Gallery
I'm glad I saw this. I now know how to keep from making a mess when doing my oil changes. What's the special tool number for the Dunkin Donuts cup?
Old 01-02-2014, 03:21 PM   #28
<3

Dunkoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whahahajr View Post
I'm glad I saw this. I now know how to keep from making a mess when doing my oil changes. What's the special tool number for the Dunkin Donuts cup?
Wow - you really can find everything on ebay haha - not a bad deal for 100, lifetime oil change tool supply

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dunkin-Donut...item2c78eee593
Old 01-02-2014, 03:23 PM   #29
Lone Star Club
whahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jimbob
whahahajr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by adunkoma View Post
Wow - you really can find everything on ebay haha - not a bad deal for 100, lifetime oil change tool supply

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dunkin-Donut...item2c78eee593
Who's in on a group buy. Lol
Old 01-02-2014, 04:38 PM   #30
05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
05Aztacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
Old 01-03-2014, 06:28 PM   #31
GoldMember
tacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosunday is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: VMAQ-1
Name: Josh
tacosunday's Tacoma Gallery
Haha I did this to myself one time. I was wasted though.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:36 PM   #32
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Somebody got some loaded pistol mags stolen, that was a good thread.

As for OP:
I'd let them know, just as a friendly reminder. Maybe have em clean it. Agree with everyone else.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:08 AM   #33
TRD
Rodrigo is on a distinguished road

Name: Rodrigo
Rodrigo's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe you should change your oil yourself next time
Old 01-05-2014, 04:45 AM   #34
Lastplace will become famous soon enough
Lastplace's Tacoma Gallery
Wonder if the cup idea would work on my daughter's 4runner?
Old 01-05-2014, 02:35 PM   #35
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastplace View Post
Wonder if the cup idea would work on my daughter's 4runner?
Cup, hose and a water bottle....

What makes the most sense though is to simply use an empty oil bottle saved from the last oil change.
You need to transfer the oil into a container for recycling anyways... can't just pitch the cup in the can.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:11 AM   #36
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Phil Dammit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by adunkoma View Post
Stolen??? Like what??
Andrew, when I worked at Schumachers, lot attendants has been known to steal jewelry, medicine, guns, whatever they wanted. You sign a waiver when you sign your truck for service stating that the dealer is not liable for those items and to remove them before you leave it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
I would bring it to the attention of the service adviser that you dealt with. I think you are entitled to get your engine bay cleaned, as well as the under carriage where the oil has probably blown back.
This is what you should do, the tech should at least know he fucked up. Why they use a cup and didn just funnel it to a catch can on the ground is beyond me. Better yet why didn he drain the oil before he removed the filter?
Old 01-10-2014, 08:15 AM   #37
gman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

gman2530's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
The lesson learned is inspect your shit after anyone else touches it or do the work yourself.

you are on Point!!! I have learned that lesson a few times! Mandatory you do a walk around... Even when i work on things i do a double check!
Not too bad.. just some oil over spray... they will do a clean i am sure..
Old 01-10-2014, 08:31 AM   #38
A-TRAC Equipped
speedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
speedydave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Dammit View Post
This is what you should do, the tech should at least know he fucked up. Why they use a cup and didn just funnel it to a catch can on the ground is beyond me. Better yet why didn he drain the oil before he removed the filter?

There is oil trapped in the filter in the v6, it's even in the factory service manual to use something to catch the oil, that is why there is a drain hole with a nipple.
It seems to me, that this isn't something some poor schmuck shouldn't lose his job over.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:33 AM   #39
A-TRAC Equipped
speedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
speedydave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Cup, hose and a water bottle....

What makes the most sense though is to simply use an empty oil bottle saved from the last oil change.
You need to transfer the oil into a container for recycling anyways... can't just pitch the cup in the can.

They use oil in bulk, there usually aren't any left over oil bottles.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:38 AM   #40
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Phil Dammit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedydave View Post
There is oil trapped in the filter in the v6, it's even in the factory service manual to use something to catch the oil, that is why there is a drain hole with a nipple.
It seems to me, that this isn't something some poor schmuck shouldn't lose his job over.
If there is a drain hole with a nipple all he had to do was let it drain into the catch can once the truck was in the air. replace the filter and then spray with brake cleaner.

Dude aint gonna lose his job over that. Trust me, I was a line tech for 4 years. He will get a verbal, maybe a written warning, but he aint gonna lose his job over it. However, the dealer should be informed that this happened so that it does not happen again.