R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Sunday Elvis

Old 01-19-2014, 08:24 PM   #1
Buckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MI Officer
Name: Chris
Buckoma's Tacoma Gallery
Sunday Elvis

I've been wanting to crawl some rocks for a while and this thread partially inspired me to suggest Elvis to a buddy from my unit. He normally does 4.5+ hardcore trails with his decked out buggy, but now he also slums it on easier trails with his new-to-him old Samurai. The little Sami on 29"s made it through just fine. I, on the other hand, suffered dearly.

4 of us made the run: myself, Beau with his Sami, Dan with his Taco truggy, and Ryan in his Taco. Overall it was a fun run and a nice day. Glad you could make it Ryan.

Dan took the most ridiculous lines because he, well... could

This unassuming little notch is where I had trouble getting wedged on my sliders. After trying to wiggle my way through a couple times I tried a questionable line and gunned it... crunching some quality sheet metal behind the door

I put these three because I'm a little proud of climbing the dryfall

And back out through the Box

I think I got my 'rock fix' for a good while
Old 01-19-2014, 08:33 PM   #2
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Nice man, it's a fun trail. Sucks about the sheet metal but, chicks dig body damage

We bypassed the last notch/waterfall due to lack of time (plus I'm not sure my truck would make it through there to begin with lol).
Old 01-20-2014, 06:07 AM   #3
RPS1030 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
RPS1030's Tacoma Gallery
I had a good time. Didn't do much to dissuade my SAS thoughts.

Sliders were mandatory for the notch. My wider AllPros with the kick-out were helpful in keeping off the body.

Ryan
Old 01-20-2014, 09:36 AM   #4
You say tomato..........I say fuck you!
05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05TacoRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
05TacoRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like you guys had a blast. It is a fun trail. Side note I recognized the sas Taco. I met Dan a few months ago up around Sheeps Bridge. Talked to him for a bit seemed like a cool dude.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:19 PM   #5
AZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Michael
AZHornet's Tacoma Gallery
Gen 1 Taco FTW!

Nice run guys and great pictures...Love the Gen 1 White Taco..but then Im biased.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:21 PM   #6
Buckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Buckoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post
Nice man, it's a fun trail. Sucks about the sheet metal but, chicks dig body damage
... but my wife isn't crazy about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPS1030 View Post
Sliders were mandatory for the notch. My wider AllPros with the kick-out were helpful in keeping off the body.
Back in the day I really installed my sliders TIGHT, but I was definitely regretting it on that notch...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoRunner View Post
Side note I recognized the sas Taco. I met Dan a few months ago up around Sheeps Bridge. Talked to him for a bit seemed like a cool dude.
werd

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZHornet View Post
Nice run guys and great pictures...Love the Gen 1 White Taco..but then Im biased.
Me too
Old 01-30-2014, 10:12 PM   #7
Your Unique, Just Like Everyone Else
TacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
TacoBran's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like a fun trip! I need to watch the boards more often so I don't miss out.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:51 AM   #8

Buckoma's Tacoma Gallery
I noobed it and now I'm well on my way to becoming a raisin.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:29 PM   #9
Your Unique, Just Like Everyone Else
TacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
TacoBran's Tacoma Gallery
Doh!!