R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

New River Canyon (1-25-14) Pics

Old 01-27-2014, 05:42 PM   #1
Paint pig is on a distinguished road
Paint pig's Tacoma Gallery
New River Canyon (1-25-14) Pics

I decided to take the Tacoma and the girlfriend out on an easy ride threw New River Canyon. The trail rating was supposedly a 2/5 but i would rate it about a 3.5 due to 4wd being mandatory for the steep hills and switchbacks. Also much of the trail is washed out. I was extremely lucky my girlfriend knew how to spot due some spots being rather tricky.

Enjoy the Pictures

Started out right of the I-17 on Table Mesa road
[IMG][/IMG]

The First hill climb
[IMG][/IMG]

Pics don't really show how steep the climb was!

[IMG][/IMG]

Lots of these cool rock formations out there

Had to do it just because!

When we made it to Seven Springs we finally saw WATER!!!
Old 01-27-2014, 06:43 PM   #2
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
that's a fun trail!
nice pics
Old 04-22-2014, 04:04 PM   #3
lost is on a distinguished road

Name: Josh
lost's Tacoma Gallery
That looks really fun! Great pics.
Old 04-22-2014, 06:51 PM   #4
Buckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MI Officer
Name: Chris
Buckoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint pig View Post
The trail rating was supposedly a 2/5 but i would rate it about a 3.5 due to 4wd being mandatory for the steep hills and switchbacks. Also much of the trail is washed out.
Looks like fun. Not to be too anal retentive about the trail rating but a AZ rating of a 3.5/5 trail is challenging 4x4 and would come with a recommendation of lift, lockers, and sliders... maybe Rug Road or a bad day on the Coke Ovens. It's hard to imagine New River being that difficult.
Old 04-27-2014, 02:45 PM   #5
bueller has a spectacular aura aboutbueller has a spectacular aura aboutbueller has a spectacular aura about

bueller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckoma View Post
Looks like fun. Not to be too anal retentive about the trail rating but a AZ rating of a 3.5/5 trail is challenging 4x4 and would come with a recommendation of lift, lockers, and sliders... maybe Rug Road or a bad day on the Coke Ovens. It's hard to imagine New River being that difficult.
Did this trail last year with a prerunner. Needed the locker but 2wd got us through. I look at anything over a rating of 3 as possible body damage.