R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Rock slider opinions/options

Old 02-03-2014, 09:31 PM   #1
4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Dane
4x4Taco09's Tacoma Gallery
Rock slider opinions/options

I have a DCLB. So that kinda limits my options. BUT the main thing is I want a kick out and a kick up. I'd like them bolt on as well. I'm thinking of BAMF, but I haven't seen a set with a kickup installed yet

Any other brands that make bolt on, DCLB, kick out and kick up?
Old 02-04-2014, 08:28 AM   #2
Cannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Cannonball's Tacoma Gallery
Call Brandon at avid off-road. I'm sure he could build some. I have the first set of DCLB sliders he made. Mine have a kick out (but not up) but are weld-on.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:13 AM   #3
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
X2... Call Brandon at Avid for your sliders man. I beat the living hell out of mine, and he'll do whatever setup you request. I have DOM outer tube, square tube inner hybrids with kickouts welded on.... Feel free to come inspect my truck to see that they work

Also... go welded on man. Don't bother with bolt on. If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right. The less holes you drill in the frame, the better integrity you'll preserve. Plus it's stronger... and if you ever wish to remove them and "revert to stock" it's much easier to get it looking factory again cutting/grinding/painting them off.
Old 02-04-2014, 10:11 AM   #4
Buckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MI Officer
Name: Chris
Buckoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post
Also... go welded on man. Don't bother with bolt on. If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right. The less holes you drill in the frame, the better integrity you'll preserve. Plus it's stronger... and if you ever wish to remove them and "revert to stock" it's much easier to get it looking factory again cutting/grinding/painting them off.
+1

Friends don't let friends bolt on
Old 02-04-2014, 02:04 PM   #5
8sm is on a distinguished road

8sm's Tacoma Gallery
I purchased these BAMF kick outs during a group sale on T4R.org. It appears they brought in some piece work welders to fill the orders. The welds are sloppy and weld splatter everywhere. I'm told they improved on the weld-on badging since mine started rusting through the bad powered coating job done by the owner.

They are beefy and look good

Rock slider opinions/options-image.jpg
Old 02-04-2014, 04:17 PM   #6
4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Yea i may just have to find a shop close around me to weld them on, I could do, but living in an APT complex, I don't have room for my 220 mig machine here lol

I really like the way the BAMFs look. Ill look up the AVID sliders right now
Old 02-04-2014, 04:32 PM   #7
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Beefed taco does kick out/up. Not sure about dclb though.
Old 02-04-2014, 04:36 PM   #8

Air Force:
Where can I find pictures of the beefed taco ones?

I just looked at the AVIF and BAMF DCLB sliders with kick outs. Im wondering if I really even need the Kick ups at this point? I see that many people don't have them, plus the BAMF kick out goes out a good distance, That would also help with me getting into my toolbox in my bed
Old 02-04-2014, 04:39 PM   #9
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
This says bolt on, I didnt read further, but I'm sure he makes weld on too.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/bee...dclb-bolt.html
Old 02-04-2014, 10:02 PM   #10
<3
Dunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
Dunkoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
This says bolt on, I didnt read further, but I'm sure he makes weld on too.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/bee...dclb-bolt.html
Those are awesome by beefed taco ^^ and were the inspiration for mine done in town by Avid.

I don't have the best pics of them but they work well as steps too. Still extremely pleased with the look of them; pretty low profile from the side They're weld on

Old 02-04-2014, 10:08 PM   #11
ivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ivoryaddict's Tacoma Gallery
Previous comments about sloppy welds on BAMF seem unwarranted, I'd like to see pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Rock slider opinions/options-bamf-christmas-sliders-003.jpg  
Old 02-04-2014, 10:44 PM   #12
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
The kick outs are a mixed bag. I like them because I can use it to pivot around rocks, and it makes an easy step to access the front of the bed... Or wash the truck. The downside of kick outs are that they make your width wider on trail and in some cases you could wedge yourself in very narrow passes/rock gardens.